dcsimg

Interesting things we see, Vol. 2

This topic contains 937 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 17 hours, 40 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 938 total)
  • Author

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

The window was a bear. Took a long day to get set.

Fortunately the glass block wasn’t being used structurally.

It had back to back pieces so double thick. Once out, the cinder block cells were rough and half open so I needed to pack out the block with mortar before making a frame buck.

Tomorrow I’ll wrap it up. Sucks that I need to buy a roll of coil to match the black window sill.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

On the first weekend in August, the little town of Notre Dame du Nord in northwestern Quebec, closes the main highway running through town to allow the hundreds of trucks gathered there to race up the hill.

The event attracts a crowd of around 20,000 people to watch the races, drink beer and party til early morning. Food of all kinds, live music on several stages and lots more to do there.

It is better to remain silent and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all traces of doubt.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

So it was a tough one but customer is happy.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Huge difference, it almost looks like you even changed the siding, guess it is just the angle and light,
    Much better now, nice job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Looks like a much bigger window now – that’ll let in a bunch more light to their kitchen, and looks 100000x’s better too.

Charlie

Instagram

What an improvement. That was really ugly before. Looks good now.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

That glass block was just an ill conceived idea in that setup. Looks way better now.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks great now. Was that vinyl siding over a brick house?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice work, big improvement. Nice when the job works out right and the customer is happy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Looks great now. Was that vinyl siding over a brick house?

I was wondering that too!

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Yeah vinyl over furring strips on block.

They want to jump into a kitchen project and I have to admit I’m hesitant.

The kitchen is plaster over 3/8″ rock on furring strips. I am not happy about dealing with hanging cabinets on furring or moving outlets and plumbing. He said the sink drain pipe was running in the block itself

Like I said not sure the money will be worth the hassle.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

The kitchen is plaster over 3/8″ rock on furring strips. I am not happy about dealing with hanging cabinets on furring or moving outlets and plumbing. He said the sink drain pipe was running in the block itself

Got to be studs behind the furring strips if you can find them. So I wouldn’t be worried about hanging cabinets. Now the plumbing might make me think twice about it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well local voting time is getting near and the masses of people are out every day waving Politician signs and they are all over the place waving and smiling. The local masses like that. I think it’s stupid.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Got to be studs behind the furring strips if you can find them. So I wouldn’t be worried about hanging cabinets. Now the plumbing might make me think twice about it.

No furring strips nailed into block only.
    I have to resupport the cabinets on each side of the window after the masonry glass block blew out around the nails of the strip.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

No furring strips nailed into block only.
    I have to resupport the cabinets on each side of the window after the masonry glass block blew out around the nails of the strip.

First floor of my house has block walls. Outside is furred, then 1/4 osb with vinyl. Inside there is a 2×4 wall around the perimeter. No way would I hang cabinets from 3/4 furring. Could you lose the furring and build walls? Or would that just give up too much space?

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I was thinking if I did take it on I would pull the rock/plaster in select areas and replace with plywood to disburse weight and increase anchoring. Doorway on the cabinet wall would be a problem.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

At least plywood is better than the furring strips, majority of the time when they are dry they split when driving screws threw them, I wouldn’t trust them for hanging cabinets.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Some bourbon went to waste .

That’s a sad story right there. LOL.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Some bourbon went to waste .

https://www.10tv.com/article/9000-barrels-aging-bourbon-crash-ground-after-warehouse-collapses

Noooooo, must have smelt good for the cleaning crew lol

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 938 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 3.732 seconds