dcsimg

Interesting Article

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author

On a different note, is their anyone here, who would like to suggest tools for Marc (it is with a ‘C’, the French spelling) to try including challenging his reserved Festools? Possibly things like the Bosch Vac090 over the CT dust collection, or maybe the axial glide to replace his Kapex?

Will

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

How is this different from before? I though he always had a “show.”

No difference, but he also has to worry about being able to resonate with his audience, who probably can’t afford shopful of festools.

On a different note, is their anyone here, who would like to suggest tools for Marc (it is with a ‘C’, the French spelling) to try including challenging his reserved Festools? Possibly things like the Bosch Vac090 over the CT dust collection, or maybe the axial glide to replace his Kapex?

That a really good idea. Some different perspective on competing tools is always nice to see.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

yellaD
    Pro

I was not quoting Marc when I copied that last text, it was from a Kijiji ad. He hated it but I don’t agree with his reasoning. THe DC was the big reason why I chose to buy a Festo. The “system” was the tie=breaker between spending less or going all in. I do not want to own ALL green stuff, but there are a couple awesome tools that are worth the money and if they are compatible within one smart system, then it’s worth it IMO. For the record it was out of my price range and I did a lot of saving up, but it has since opened up a world of possibilities for me (with the CT36+ROtex150) I never had before. Definitely pick and choose though!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I thought he was selling his festool stuff, so I doubt he will be able to review them side by side unfortunately.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I posted this video up in EPIC…

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Oh boy, that’s gonna get some people’s panties in knicker. I still remember AvE took apart a festool and the outrage on certain forum about the video.

redwood
    Pro

If you read through some of the comments, Marc has already parted with some of his Festy tools, including the Kapex.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

yellaD
    Pro

Oh boy, that’s gonna get some people’s panties in knicker. I still remember AvE took apart a festool and the outrage on certain forum about the video.

I’m not longer a fanboy of anything. The Makita track saw is real world tool.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

I do not have another track saw to compare it to but my Makita is pretty awesome

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I do not have another track saw to compare it to but my Makita is pretty awesome

I completely agree. My Makita track saw has been a great addition to my tool collection. Absolutely zero complaints about the saw or tracks.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

yellaD
    Pro

I completely agree. My Makita track saw has been a great addition to my tool collection. Absolutely zero complaints about the saw or tracks.

Can you guys refresh my memory, MAkita tracks are the same as the Festool ones? Bosch uses a different track, while Mafell tracksaw can use both Bosch and Festool?

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Can you guys refresh my memory, MAkita tracks are the same as the Festool ones? Bosch uses a different track, while Mafell tracksaw can use both Bosch and Festool?

Almost. Makita’s track has a little lip so the anti tip button on the Makita saw can be used. The Festool does not have the anti tip stuff.

The Festool saw can be used on Makita track and the Makita saw can be used on the Festool track.

I know nothing of the Mafell or the Bosch track saws.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Bosch and Mafell tracks are identical and some Mafell saws will fit on the festool tracks (my Mafell MT55 has a removable piece to fit the festool tracks)

Not sure where the makita tracks fit in.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have used them side by side and they seem to be the same to me. I love my Makita track saw. IMHO Festools are a ripoff.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I’ve found that every tool company has something good or better then others, look at skil, I’m not very fond of any of the other tools but I love the ltmag77 and have always liked thier wormdrive saws.

I’ll be switching to Bosch vac’s, from the ct. We’ll see!

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I have used them side by side and they seem to be the same to me. I love my Makita track saw. IMHO Festools are a ripoff.

I’ve had the Festool, Makita and Mafell, I sold the Festool and kept the Makita if that says anything. The Makita has the power I needed. Just seems festool is lacking power on a few of thier tools.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve had the Festool, Makita and Mafell, I sold the Festool and kept the Makita if that says anything. The Makita has the power I needed. Just seems festool is lacking power on a few of thier tools.

what about the mafell, I think I would really like the one button press that makes it cut on its own.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

what about the mafell, I think I would really like the one button press that makes it cut on its own.

@r-ice
    I know you have the FT track, have you tried any others?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice,
    I know you have the FT track, have you tried any others?

no unfortunately i haven’t had the exposure to other tracksaws. I love my tracksaw as it is really an amazing tool. Kinda wished I had the mft with the track set up so that repeatable cuts are quicker and easier.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.684 seconds