dcsimg

Instagram

This topic contains 818 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Christopher utopia78 2 days ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 819 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have a buiness account on Instagram . Have you had success in just getting your name out there . Or received inquiries about work .

This is me if you want to follow or check some pictures out . ( hhprogressiveconstruction )

I use it to just show friends and family what’s going on with some projects and follow others .

Always willing to learn .

Profile photo of Christopher
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Hard for me to get into it. With fb and Linkedin I feel busy enough lol.

A Working Pro since 2004

Never used it. I suppose we should check it out.

A lot of my family members use it more then facebook . That’s all the kids really use .

A lot of my family members use it more then facebook . That’s all the kids really use .

As a kid (25), I can agree that instagram is super popular with people my age and younger. I don’t personally use it but I know most people in my demographic do. I am not sure if I would search around on instagram to find a contractor, but I would think something like Houzz or something along those lines might be more effective? I am not sure

John S

Profile photo of Matthew
    MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

As a kid (25), I can agree that instagram is super popular with people my age and younger. I don’t personally use it but I know most people in my demographic do. I am not sure if I would search around on instagram to find a contractor, but I would think something like Houzz or something along those lines might be more effective? I am not sure

I think it could be used in addition to Fb or twitter or Pinterest. I know that Instagram/Twitter can be tie to FB or even your website so that every time you post it will show up on those other account (less work more coverage).

Profile photo of Steven
    NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I don’t have one for business or personal.

Profile photo of Kurt
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Never used it for business or personal.

I think it could be used in addition to Fb or twitter or Pinterest. I know that Instagram/Twitter can be tie to FB or even your website so that every time you post it will show up on those other account (less work more coverage).

That’s the thing it crosss between sites . Some don’t belong to one or the other .

Profile photo of joshua
    monman1
    Pro

I don’t use Instagram.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

I had never thought about people showing off their work on pinterest, but that could be an interesting place to post photos of your work as well… My wife loves to browse for ideas on crafting and all sorts of other things there, so maybe you could catch somebody’s else who is looking at renovating their place

John S

I had never thought about people showing off their work on pinterest, but that could be an interesting place to post photos of your work as well… My wife loves to browse for ideas on crafting and all sorts of other things there, so maybe you could catch somebody’s else who is looking at renovating their place

My wife loves pintrest also . She gets ideas for my daughters party’s and outfits .

Isn’t it Instagram that kids use because you can’t track whats being said ?

Isn’t it Instagram that kids use because you can’t track whats being said ?

I think you are thinking of SnapChat, which supposedly doesn’t save the picture after it is sent from what I understand. That is a whole ‘nother animal lol

@skillman – outside of your friends and family, do you get any attention from potential customers via your instagram?

John S

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Blocked
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Instawhat? Is this the new trend?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Instagram is kinda like a photo-album-only version of Facebook…. You take a picture with your phone, choose a filter of sorts to make it look cooler, and then can post it and have people comment on it and whatnot.

John S

Profile photo of Christopher
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Keep seeing this thread and now I think I’m going to setup an account this weekend when I have some spare time! Thanks

A Working Pro since 2004

Profile photo of Chad
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

No Instagram for personal or for the business. I have a website, a Facebook, and a Twitter account that are all sorely neglected so why add one more to the list?

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A Carpenter's Journal

Housewright Construction

Profile photo of Steven
    NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Surely you’ve heard of it before m

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Blocked
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Surely you’ve heard of it before m

We are a little bit behind out here.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 819 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 4.417 seconds