dcsimg

Inside the Bosch 12v chainsaw

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have a bunch of slab wood for heating. Some of it comes a bit too long. That would be the tool to make it fit in the wood stove.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I watched it yesterday, kinda expensive for a blade, the battery might be a problem as you mentioned @madman_us
    It might work well for little wood carving, very detailed work… wouldnt it?
    As I dont work with wood, I’m just guessing here.
    Looks pretty solid, I just dont like that kinda green.

I know quite a few woodworker over in Germany who own that saw and they prefer using that one instead of a jigsaw for certain applications.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I wonder if it was intentional and modifying is as simple as cutting of a tab or such.

I could just remove the outer cover on the battery and it would fit or even trim it with a Dremel tool. I am hoping madman can get one shipped in from Europe.

Is the base cover like the Dremmel 12v batteries ?

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

Not going to fill my stove with that little thing. I could see using it instead of a jig saw for cutting straight, or even as a cut off saw for small applications.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

One thing for sure, he is his best friend lol
    But he definitely does great work on taking things apart to see what makes them work, along with quality of them from inside out.
    Would be neat to whip that out for Christmas or thanksgiving against the turkey,
    My guess is what a few guys have mentioned, great for detailed work when needing a small chainsaw

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

I watched it yesterday, kinda expensive for a blade, the battery might be a problem as you mentioned @madman_us
    It might work well for little wood carving, very detailed work… wouldnt it?
    As I dont work with wood, I’m just guessing here.
    Looks pretty solid, I just dont like that kinda green.

I know quite a few woodworker over in Germany who own that saw and they prefer using that one instead of a jigsaw for certain applications.

Thats nice Alex, pretty much faster, easier, and more convenient for their use for sure.
    I heard once that, there is always a perfect tool for each kind of task, even when it looks odd but works better than the traditional ones.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Really interesting little tool, I would like one but I can’t think of a reason why which is a little funny. It’s nice to see Bosch coming out with a true new tool instead of just battling inside another segment. I actually came back in here poking around for the new Bosch 12v drill with the adapter heads on it and stumbled onto this one which might actually be a more interesting tool to me, I’ve considered picking up a carving adapter for my angle grinder but this might be a better substitute for that.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use mine for cut cuts on small pieces of trim lumber. I ma always needing spacers, shims etc around the lift or to hold something and this is perfect for that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

you Bosch fan @madman_us are there more type of blades for this gorgeous saw?
    I mean, I’m not planing to cut concrete or tiles, but it just got me wondering.
    Its so tiny and looks fragile, who knows lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

are there more type of blades for this gorgeous saw?

There are 2 blades for this saw amd both are for wood. There is a 50mm and a 65mm blade. The 65mm blade could be considered a fine cut blade.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

There are 2 blades for this saw amd both are for wood. There is a 50mm and a 65mm blade. The 65mm blade could be considered a fine cut blade.

Totally right there Bill

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I am becoming a Bosch tool expert LOL

Totally right there Bill

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.272 seconds