dcsimg

Inside the Bosch 12v chainsaw

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Thought you guys might enjoy this video, it’s a green line but looks pretty well made inside.

I think I might prefer something like this over a 12v recip saw, less vibration and more precise cut. The blade cost is insane though, $50 each!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I just watched it on YT and came here to share it. I think this ought to come over to this side of the pond for sale.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I just watched it on YT and came here to share it. I think this ought to come over to this side of the pond for sale.

Hopefully the blade will be cheaper. I think it’s rated for 100m of softwood, that’s 60 cents a meter at current Amazon UK price.

Doobie

Can’t really think why I’d want one.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thought you guys might enjoy this video, it’s a green line but looks pretty well made inside.

Thank you for the video. I have one. The only problem is the green line 12V battery has a different case than the blue line available in NA. The green line battery works in the blue line tools but the blue line battery will not fit the green line tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Cool tool. Not sure what I would use it for though.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Thank you for the video. I have one. The only problem is the green line 12V battery has a different case than the blue line available in NA. The green line battery works in the blue line tools but the blue line battery will not fit the green line tools.

That’s interesting, so if one fits in the other but not the other way around, I wonder if it was intentional and modifying is as simple as cutting of a tab or such.

Seems the mini chainsaw fits somewhere between a circular saw, jigsaw, recip and OMT. Bosch could make a proper pro version of that with more blades like it was a jigsaw and it’d be pretty good as a do it all kind of a thing like an OMT.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Nope. Not for me either. I can’t see why anyone with literally any other options would buy one either…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

Nope. Not for me either. I can’t see why anyone with literally any other options would buy one either…

I just can’t think what useful task it would do well. For what? Trimmin little branches?

redwood
    Pro

How about using it for fine detail in chainsaw carving.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The one advantage I see is for free hanging pipe/wood, and irregular shaped objects that’s impossible to brace the recip saw shoe against, this would cut a lot easier without jumping around.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I like this! Reminds me why the STIHL smaller models saws/bars are so popular for detail work.

Could this also be a good pumpkin carving tool for the upcoming festivities : D

A Working Pro since 2004

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Good one, Mark, I think it would be really good for carving.

Could this also be a good pumpkin carving tool for the upcoming festivities : D

……all sorts of carving! 😉

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Or those guys that do ice sculptures. I always envied those carving dudes. A skill I’m pretty sure I’ll never possess.

The one advantage I see is for free hanging pipe/wood, and irregular shaped objects that’s impossible to brace the recip saw shoe against, this would cut a lot easier without jumping around.

OK, but I would likely just use something else. An OMT comes to mind. And for pipe, maybe plastics but metal pipes I would suspect would pooch the blade pretty quick.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

It’s a neat little chainsaw, but too bad the professional (blue) batteries don’t fit in the tool. as far as I know the blades cost around 24 euros, so 30 USD.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I wonder if it was intentional and modifying is as simple as cutting of a tab or such.

I could just remove the outer cover on the battery and it would fit or even trim it with a Dremel tool. I am hoping madman can get one shipped in from Europe.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

OK, but I would likely just use something else. An OMT comes to mind. And for pipe, maybe plastics but metal pipes I would suspect would pooch the blade pretty quick.

Oh no doubt, I wonder if they’ll come out with blades for other purposes, but seeing it’s a green tool probably not.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I liked the idea on the video for a metal cutting blade for it. That would be nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

I watched it yesterday, kinda expensive for a blade, the battery might be a problem as you mentioned @madman_us
    It might work well for little wood carving, very detailed work… wouldnt it?
    As I dont work with wood, I’m just guessing here.
    Looks pretty solid, I just dont like that kinda green.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.578 seconds