dcsimg

Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    RyanF
    Pro

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

John, yeah, I’m in the U.S.. I had been stalking the leds for a while on Amazon UK, but couldn’t stomach the cost plus shipping. Then I found a ridiculous deal on them on Toolstop. So then I wanted two. Then I realized for the cost, plus the economies of scale on shipping, I decided to clean them out 🙂 I bought all 6 they had. So now I have 4 extra. For the price, I couldn’t NOT buy them. I’ll just sell the other four. They’re awesome. I like having 2 bc I can position them to have really bright and shadow-free light under any condition. I have a festool syslite too, and they’re perfect complements.

Believe me, I have a ways to go inside the boxes. Foam and more foam is my next project. And oh yeah, I gotta get that damn first aid kit yet too 🙂

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I would love to see the insides of some of them. Are they heavy on Bosch tools?

I think that first Aid kit is on a lot of our radars.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

first aid kit yet too

If it ever comes stateside, I am all over it myself as well!

Sounds like the LED was a great purchase! And sounds like you are also into festool… What made you go l-boxxes over systainers?

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Sounds like you might have an led box to get rid of? If that’s the case and you don’t mind shipping to canada let me know. I just order my first 12v Bosch items and that led would be perfect.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Sweet setup Ryan! I’d love the deets on the LED L-BOXX’s too – I’m also in Canada. Can’t wait to see more of your stuff, the kaizen foam + LBOXX’s is a great system, I’ve tackled quite a few of mine already with it and the stuff is great.

RyanF
    Pro

John,

I’ll probably break down and order from Amazon UK if the price drops a little. Do I need a nearly $200.00 first aid kit? No. Is it going to nag the hell out of me until I have it? Absolutely!

I have some systainers that came with various tools, and I certainly like them. But as you know, Festool stuff is never on sale, so it was mostly based on cost. L-boxxes aren’t cheap, but you can at least get some good deals. I have a festool dust extractor, track saw, and sander, but the rest of my tools are Bosch with one or two exceptions.

Brad,

I’ve never shipped anything to Canada. Not sure how expensive that would be. I’m thinking of swapping out the led lids with an l-boxx1 since I need some l-boxx2s that they’re currently on. I’d be open to working something else if you’re really interested.

RyanF
    Pro

first aid kit yet too

If it ever comes stateside, I am all over it myself as well!

I was at JLC Live in March and talked to a product manager from Bosch. He said they were hoping to get some of these Europe-only products, including the first aid kit, the beginning of 2015. But he seemed more hopeful than he was sure of it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

RyanF
    Man is that a big stack! You have now knocked out our L-Boxx king.
    Welcome to the forum, hope you stay a while.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Is this heaven?

Looks like I’ve finally found a place to foster my obsessive Sortimo addiction! :)

Here’s my neverending work in progress. Happy to be aboard!

Very nice collection!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see the LED lids are a popular want for a lot of us, Too bad they wouldn’t sell just the lids if that’s what it takes.

RyanF
    Pro

I see the LED lids are a popular want for a lot of us, Too bad they wouldn’t sell just the lids if that’s what it takes.

I’m assuming it’s the led lids they’re getting approval for.

@ryanf do you happen to have one of the new bosch vacuums to accompany all your l-boxxes? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts on them here: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/new-bosch-vacs/

Also, could you take a closer picture of the inside/outside of the LED lids to show how much space they take, etc… I assume you can still stack on top of them?

John S

RyanF
    Pro

@ryanf do you happen to have one of the new bosch vacuums to accompany all your l-boxxes? If so, I’d love to hear your thoughts on them here: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/new-bosch-vacs/

Also, could you take a closer picture of the inside/outside of the LED lids to show how much space they take, etc… I assume you can still stack on top of them?

I don’t, John. I have a CT 48. I went with that over the Airsweeps. But it was close. Had the newer vacs with the docking port been out when I was in the market, it’s very likely that would’ve swayed me towards the Bosch. Having said that, I don’t regret my festool.

Here are a couple shots of the lids side by side. You can see the LED panel is the same depth as the handle area is. The only part that protrudes a little is the left side area of the lid. I put a tape measure there to show you. And yes, they’re otherwise an ordinary L-boxx same as the rest.

I know this was joked about some in the past, but looks like Festool really does have systainers that work as coolers… Sounds like that is something bosch & sortimo need to get on top of for next summer 🙂 🙂

http://www.festoolproducts.com/Festool-500652-Cooler-Systainer-SYS-4-TL-T-Loc-p/500652.htm

Those pics are super helpful for the LEDs!!! It is very neat that the lid doesn’t really effect the l-boxx very much – very cool!!

John S

Attachments:
    RyanF
    Pro

Now see there, a cooler full of beer docked on my CT would make me forget all about how I can’t dock my l-boxxes!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Now see there, a cooler full of beer docked on my CT would make me forget all about how I can’t dock my l-boxxes!

I’m thinking a adapter plate can be made for that.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice stack, and I’ll echo what the others have said about the LED’s. They are really nice.

I’m thinking a adapter plate can be made for that.

Kurt and others have provided some different solutions for latching in l-boxxes, but it might be a little more difficult to modify the festool vac to make it work seamlessly. I am sure it is doable, but it would probably not be very pretty – not that it would matter.

John S

This is still the coolest tool shadowing I have seen to date. Not necessarily because it is well done (it is), but because of the context 🙂

http://toolguyd.com/iss-toolbox-tools/

John S

Wow! I wonder how long it took to do all that. And I wonder even further, how hard it is to use a wrench or socket without gravity to give you leverage.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.433 seconds