dcsimg

Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

Rather than scattering them about throughout all the l-boxx topics, I thought a dedicated topic to what you are doing / what you have seen done for the inside of l-boxxes. Be it 1A’s and screws or L-boxx 2s and foam or 3Ds… etc…

Here are two recent examples I saw that looked helpful…

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ohhh no, More options. Yer killin me man. I’ve never seen the inside of the lid pockets before and I really like it. *sigh*

Ohhh no, More options. Yer killin me man. I’ve never seen the inside of the lid pockets before and I really like it. *sigh*

haha i am not trying to. I am just hoping to see what people have done with the insides of their l-boxxes, and I am also hoping to more sortimo accessories with l-boxxes will be readily available in the future!

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Come on give me a break. I thought by getting L-Boxx and sorting my stuff out I was getting organized. Now you tell me I have organize inside the L-boxx itself. I’ll never be organized. AAAHHHH!

Come on give me a break. I thought by getting L-Boxx and sorting my stuff out I was getting organized. Now you tell me I have organize inside the L-boxx itself. I’ll never be organized. AAAHHHH!

haha no no no. Functional organization is where the buck stops. If it works for you to just have everything piled into the l-boxx perfect! If you think the time savings is enough to justify more detail – like foam, inserts, dividers, etc… then great! If you need a precise spot for absolutely every bit like some of those Festool guys – and think it is worthwhile – for pleasure or time savings or whatever… go for it! haha

But I did show you my hand a little bit – I am inclined to think at least a little bit more (depending on how you define little – haha) organization is helpful than just throwing them in an lboxx. BUT it is a great step. And I think foam/wood dividers is where the buck stops for me… No need to be TOO over the top organized, unless it is really helpful

John S

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

But I did show you my hand a little bit – I am inclined to think at least a little bit more (depending on how you define little – haha) organization is helpful than just throwing them in an lboxx.

You’re right, of course, John. I do believe that organization is a valuable skill. It just happens to be one skill I am still struggling to develop. Separate L-boxxes is a big improvement over my previous system. I’ll get there, someday.

Great thread. Where can you get the little pouches for the lid? Is that something you can buy in NA? I really like the L-Boxx by function idea for me — organizing the tools for a given job makes sense, even if stuff gets all jumbled together.

Orange County, CA

There is technically a product pdf I was able to find but have no idea where I got it from originally…

http://forums.jlconline.com/forums/showthread.php?59645-Sortimo-availability-in-the-U.S.
    This is an old topic but they talk some about how it is possible to get sortimo prodcucts but difficult. That was before l-boxxes were relatively commonly available, so things may be a little different now…

John S

woodman_412

The pics that you posted are interesting John. My first thought was how do you keep the contents of the little bins from mixing when you don’t have the foam under the lid. I had thought of possibly making half of a 1A foam to fit tools into and the other half the bins, similar to the drill setup where half is the fitted insert and half is the bins. If I got a 1A and just a plain l-boxx 1 that would be easily doable.

Dan

danpattison.com

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Here is how mine currently look. If you remember the before, mine were a mess. While the organization doesn’t look kind of mixed up, they are set up from what I use all the time to what I use the least.

woodman_412

Great looking setups Sven! I like how you put the battery right along side the charger in the last pic. Which brand of foam did you use?

Dan

danpattison.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Nice job on the organization Sven – I’d like to know what kind of foam you used as well. In my roll box at home I used foam and would love to adapt that to my L-boxx’s as well. I was looking last week and the L-BOXX-2 foam insert is $50 on Amazon.ca – a little cheaper in the USA, but I still have a hard time swallowing that much for foam.

woodman_412

Matt, if you’re decently close to a Lee Valley store they have 2’x2′ sheets of the foam 2″ thick for $10. Here’s what I did with that foam in my l-boxx’s.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/bosch-l-boxx/page/30/

Dan

danpattison.com

Sven – really well done! That looks great!!

Matt – another alternative talked about elsewhere is kaizen foam – and it is like $25 / sheet of 2’x4′ I think or so.

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Guy’s, I used the dual color, 57mm, Kaizen Foam found here:

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/Kaizen-Foam-p13435.htm It costs $20.

I’m sure that next time it will be even better.

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Sven your l boxxes are looking great. I have the foam for my l boxx and I havent had a minute to get it in and organize it. Hopefully after the holidays.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Sven, excellent work on the foaming. I finally got my hands on some Bosch Lboxx foam this weekend and it looks just like Pelican Pick-N-Pluck foam. If I was going to run a custom instert I would probably run solid Med. Density Foam and cut it out.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I had the L-Boxx Pick-N-Pluck foam, but didn’t like it. You can’t just pick out as certain depth, you have to pick it all the way to the bottom, and if you get too close to the edge, it likes to move around a bunch, as was the case with what I had done with it. I like the Kaizen foam much better, but it’s a little bit of work cutting out everything. I actually found that a filet knife worked the best for me (I had an old one in the garage that I use for misc crap). I just held the blade where the correct depth was and cut away.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Wow… Sven. thanks for the good idea. But I’d have to have way too many boxes to separate that well.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It wasn’t my idea, I came across it from somewhere.

Matthew, you can start with a set of tool that you use all the time and go from there. You don’t have to have all of them that neat.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘Inside of L-boxx – Storage Setup’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.321 seconds