dcsimg

Inline Ratchet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MrToolJunkie 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jaftwo
    Pro
    San Diego, California

I’ve been searching the Internet trying to find this tool. I had one back in the sixties — it was a Craftsman 1/2″ drive inline ratchet — 1/2 inch input/1/2 inch output with a ring around the outside control control the ratchet direction. You could attached it to a sliding Tee handle or a breaker bar and turn it into a ratcheting tool. Very handy. Mine was lost when my truck was stolen in the eighties and it’s something I haven’t been able to replace.

Anyone ever see one of those or remember them?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have one from Craftsman as well, turns anything into a ratchet. They still make them I just forget what they are called. Maybe a ratchet adapter?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is what you are looking for

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-J5447-Ratchet-Adapter-32-Inch/dp/B001HWG9HI

Looks like Stanley, Omega, and Proto make them.

The link has what I feel is the best quality. Snap-on may still make one as well. They are not as popular as they once were now with very long ratchets being available.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jaftwo
    Pro
    San Diego, California

That’s it! Thanks a lot!

I never knew about these before. That is awesome! I use breakers on cars some times and always swapped the bar for wrench when loose. This would save time. Thanks for this thread!

Orange County, CA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.339 seconds