dcsimg

Incredible Walnut Floor

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

I admire the craftsmanship and especially the patience it took to match everything. Really great-looking floor!

BryanT

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whoever did it put a lot of afford into it trying to match the grains wow lot of time putting those together

yellaD
    Pro

Imagine the time and effort that went into Matching the grain in this floor and steps. True craftsmanship. The size of the logs is just amazing not to mention the color variance and patterns.

http://www.hardwoodfloorsmag.com/news/live-edge-stairs-from-nwfa-members-go-viral-on-facebook.html

Wow! In terms of rarity, cost, craftsmanship, scope, and vision, that floor and craftspersons involved deserves all the credit. Does it say how much it costs? I couldn’t turn to page 2 for some reason.

Doobie

That is beautiful flooring indeed.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I saw that photo somewhere on tumblr a while back and thought it was amazing and beautiful craftsmanship. It’s good to read the story behind the photo.

That is a crazy floor….amazing! All from hurricane damaged wood too. Wow. I want my floor to look like that!

Orange County, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

that is just gorgeous, what craftsmanship.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

That is an amazing floor. Excellent craftsmanship. I wish the article had more of the process used, but then again maybe they didn’t want any copy cats out there.

Perhaps it is because I’m hungry, but does anyone else think it looks like bacon?

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Perhaps it is because I’m hungry, but does anyone else think it looks like bacon?

Funny, now that you mention it, yes it does. LOL

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I can appreciate the effort and skill put into that floor. I am not a fan though. A little too busy for me and i personally cannot stant that kind of trim throughout the rest of the house. Its just not working for me

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I can appreciate the effort and skill put into that floor. I am not a fan though. A little too busy for me and i personally cannot stant that kind of trim throughout the rest of the house. Its just not working for me

I agree. While it is certainly one of a kind, it is not for me.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I wouldn’t do that at my place either as it makes it too busy, maybe in a cottage or something like that.

Love walnut. Floor looks awesome

blahhhhhh

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

blahhhhhh

Welcome to BTP @northnjflyersfan!

If you haven’t done so already stop by the intro thread and let us know a bit about you: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourself-v2/

Also, stop by the Forum Rules thread and give that a read: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-rules-of-bethepro-please-read-before-posting/

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I agree. While it is certainly one of a kind, it is not for me.

I agree , it is beautiful but too busy for me , I would get tired of looking at it in no time . That wood would of been better for furniture .

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Wow what a beautiful floor. Looks like some wide boards. I think I would be concerned with warping or cracking. I love it though!

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Wow what a beautiful floor. Looks like some wide boards. I think I would be concerned with warping or cracking. I love it though!

It would certainly make some nice birdhouses 🙂

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

that is just gorgeous, what craftsmanship.

Yes it is and yes it does look like bacon. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Clev08
    Pro

Funny, now that you mention it, yes it does. LOL

That was my first thought too, it looks cool but I wouldn’t want to have to see it everyday.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.619 seconds