dcsimg

Impact shootout

This topic contains 49 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  jkirk 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s amazing that Ridgid does so well yet there are those here that call them big boxx budget brand???? I see the Makitas latest release was not in the line up. Did Bosch really come in 8th????

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I think Ridgid has stepped up their game in recent years..going from store brand to a serious competitor. Personally, I can’t say I’m surprised at where the Bosch ranked. My business partner has that model and I really don’t care for it. Sure its comfortable, but it is SLOW compared to my Makita (older model).

What IS surprising is that they call these the “best” and still include Kobalt and Ryobi…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

It’s amazing that Ridgid does so well yet there are those here that call them big boxx budget brand???? I see the Makitas latest release was not in the line up. Did Bosch really come in 8th????

They are still a big box budget brand, I don’t think this changed anything. Looks like they’ve been taking notes from their work on the Milwaukee line up though, nice to see a good quality cheaper tool out there.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They are still a big box budget brand, I don’t think this changed anything. Looks like they’ve been taking notes from their work on the Milwaukee line up though, nice to see a good quality cheaper tool out there.

The budget brand is TTIs Ryobi brand.

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro

Thanks for posting the test/review.

I think the heat tests are a good indicator of a tool’s potential lifespan. The Bosch did very well in that area.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks for posting the test/review.

I think the heat tests are a good indicator of a tool’s potential lifespan. The Bosch did very well in that area.

It’s only right the tools that had the most RPMs and impacts got hotter because both of those actions cause friction and heat.

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

It’s interesting that Bosch and, Milwaukee are very close to the same. Sometimes torque is not your friend.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

https://www.protoolreviews.com/buying-guides/best-18v-impact-driver-roundup/21156/

The top 11 impacts

ThanX @austin,
    I was surprised at some the the ranking.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice find Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I have owned a lot of impacts over the years, spanning a lot of the brands. The only one that ever overheated and failed was my old Ridgid 18v. I think it was the first one they came out with. We actually burned it up twice. With the warranty, they did replace it both times though.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow ridgid is certainly coming up in the world. I am also surprised at the bosch ranking. I have that drill and it is great to use.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I guess I am not surprised to see DeWalt high up there, but to see the Bosch so low is strange. Good to see Ridgid with a quality tool.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Bosch came last overall actually. Just like the recip saw shoot out. It seems like more and more Bosch is coming in last in all the cordless shootouts. The redeeming thing they have that these test don’t test is longevity. Which I am sure Bosch would be in the top bit imo that doesn’t make up for it. I am getting out of the Bosch line more and more.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I was just as surprised as the rest of you by rigid and Bosch’s standing in these tests. Is anyone out there giving a second opinion?

Charlie

Instagram

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I am kinda surprised, but surprised more that bosch isn’t coming out with brushless and more powerful tools to compete against these other manufacturers,

I see my brand is at the top agin Dewalt . They put the research into there tools with R&D in my opinion .

Bosch came last overall actually. Just like the recip saw shoot out. It seems like more and more Bosch is coming in last in all the cordless shootouts. The redeeming thing they have that these test don’t test is longevity. Which I am sure Bosch would be in the top bit imo that doesn’t make up for it. I am getting out of the Bosch line more and more.

Totally agree if Bosch doesn’t get in gear fast they will be behind the 8 ball . It’s Red and yellow for me now .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I was just as surprised as the rest of you by rigid and Bosch’s standing in these tests. Is anyone out there giving a second opinion?

Oz tools did a similar test a couple months ago just not with the cheaper brands and bosch came dead last in their test as well

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Bosch came last overall actually.

Oh yes,, thanks big A i just relooked at that and the tools have 2 rankings. I also find it very interesting that TTI have 4 tools in the test??? Why 2 different Ridgid impacts? Why did they not use Makitas most powerful and latest release?? I truly think these shootouts are a lot like pro wrestling.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oz tools did a similar test a couple months ago just not with the cheaper brands and bosch came dead last in their test as well

That’s got to really hurt the hardcore boschbots,,

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.535 seconds