dcsimg

Impact driver bits

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 383 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I agree on all the comments on the Milwaukee bits are junk. It’s because of their bits I stay away from all their tools.
    If you have not tried the Makita bits you should. They are killer!! They have become my go to impact bits.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

DirtyWhiteBoy wrote:
    They look like this I have driven box after box with the same bit. I’m talkin bout the big boxxes too. The 2450 screws in a box size.

i’ve never seen these in Canada, would be interesting to try out. guaranteed no one here would be taking apart anything I made then lol

I have never seen those screws anywhere either. Looks like it would be a winner in preventing cam out. Did a quick internet search and it seems to be limited to deck screws currently.

These wangner screws were designed for the CFS framing world. They were inventer by a guy out here in Hawaii the used to own Grabber Pacific.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I agree on all the comments on the Milwaukee bits are junk. It’s because of their bits I stay away from all their tools.
    If you have not tried the Makita bits you should. They are killer!! They have become my go to impact bits.

Do you use the gold bits as well? I haven’t tried them yet, but need to pick up some new one’s so I may give them a whirl. Been using DeWalt, Bosch and Milwaukee, bits so far, and am not overly impressed. Could be the crappy screws that I have been trying to use up.

I’ve heard good reviews and comments about the gold Makita bits.
    Used the Milwaukee didn’t like them, used the Dewalt same, to many broke, so far the Bosch have held up.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I’ve heard good reviews and comments about the gold Makita bits.
    Used the Milwaukee didn’t like them, used the Dewalt same, to many broke, so far the Bosch have held up.

The only Makita gold bits that I have tried. were the longer magnetic ones. I was not impressed with the magnet. Would not hold a three inch drywall screw. Might need to try out the shorter ones in a magnet bit holder.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I can’t seem to find a half decent assortment of the Makita bits. They seem to be all Phillips or mostly Phillips/slotted with a couple t-25. My preference would be for a more comprehensive set without the junk bits ( slotted…who uses these in an impact?)

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

<P>I agree on all the comments on the Milwaukee bits are junk. It’s because of their bits I stay away from all their tools.<BR>If you have not tried the Makita bits you should. They are killer!! They have become my go to impact bits.</P>

<P>I’ve heard good reviews and comments about the gold Makita bits.<BR>Used the Milwaukee didn’t like them, used the Dewalt same, to many broke, so far the Bosch have held up. </P>

<P>The only Makita gold bits that I have tried. were the longer magnetic ones. I was not impressed with the magnet. Would not hold a three inch drywall screw. Might need to try out the shorter ones in a magnet bit holder. </P>

I have seen a review on the new small kit from Makita , it was on TIA they gave it a good review. I also seen it reviewed elsewere but cant remember,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Do you use the gold bits as well?

Yes, I’ve been using the Gold doubled ended bits with Gold screws so I’m all color coded.

Jummul
    Pro

While not used in very heavy applications, the Wera bitset I own has satisfied my needs more than enough!

They’re called Wera Impaktor and are $100 for a set in US (EU is not much cheaper, over $70).

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I like Wera Impaktor a lot but it is expensive

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think @ChadM bought the Wera Impaktor bits a while back. I tried to search but could not find the thread.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

The impaktor bits are awesome, I’m going to try to grab a few when I go to the tool store this morning.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Who makes the best nut driver bits?

Good question. I use Dewalts that came with a set of bits I bought a few years ago. They are okay, but quite shallow.

Same goes for the Milwaukee nut driver bits. They were always just ok. Nothing special really. I used the dewalts but I had issues with the magnets always popping out.

I’ve heard a few other people at work say they got an Irwin set that was really good. Might give it a go if I see them

A Working Pro since 2004

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’ll have to keep an eye out for that Irwin set that you mentioned. I was thinking about picking up the Makita set that comes in a systainer.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ll have to keep an eye out for that Irwin set that you mentioned. I was thinking about picking up the Makita set that comes in a systainer.

That’s the huge set? Let us know how they work out for you if you do.

A Working Pro since 2004

They started carrying Irwin at Lowes. I am going to have to try them. I agree that Milwaukee bits are not very good, DeWalt are about the same and Bosch are OK. Have not tried Wera, but my screwdrivers made by Wera are awesome.

Orange County, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bits, I hear guys all the time say X brand bits are no good but what exactly is the problem?

If a bit snaps off and you are using an impact tool and the bit is not an impact bit then that is the problem.

If the bit snaps off and it is an impact rated bit then send it to the company for a warranty exchange.

If the bit wears out, well it’s supposed to. Bit heads are softer than the fastener head so as to preserve the grip in the fastener.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

The DeWalt impact-rated ones work fine for me. They are a wearable item, and I do not expect them to last forever.

sergey061478
    Blocked

I also believe that bits are wear items. Makita Gold bits work very well for me and they are easy to find.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I think @ChadM bought the Wera Impaktor bits a while back. I tried to search but could not find the thread.

No, it wasn’t me – I remember the thread but I don’t remember who it was that bought the Impaktor set. I did a quick search but didn’t come up with anything.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 383 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.818 seconds