dcsimg

I'm Sorry For Yet Another L-Boxx Thread, But…….

Tagged: 

This topic contains 86 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  CB 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Author

CB
    Pro

As your friendly neighborhood Bosch dude, I can help out.

Tell me what info you want and I will dig up what I can. You just want to know the sizes internally of the L-Boxxs?

YES!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Can I put a small bucket into a L-BOXX 3/4 and sit a caulk gun with two tubes of caulk straight down into it instead of laying them down horizontally? Things like that.

This is all using an L-Boxx 4.

The measurement accross the top won’t be the same along the inner bottom as the inner side walls of L-boxxes are tapered inward towards the bottom.

This is great! Thank you that helps A LOT!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Tell me what info you want and I will dig up what I can. You just want to know the sizes internally of the L-Boxxs?

Yes, for me I already see the external sizes from specifications. The internal width and length is not that critical. The big thing is the internal height (depth).

I know the lid is tapered and recessed for the top handle, so the depth is not fixed, so what would be really helpful to me is just the minimum depth, the depth where it is the smallest.

Doobie
    Pro

Can I put a small bucket into a L-BOXX 3/4 and sit a caulk gun with two tubes of caulk straight down into it instead of laying them down horizontally? Things like that.

This is all using an L-Boxx 4.

The measurement accross the top won’t be the same along the inner bottom as the inner side walls of L-boxxes are tapered inward towards the bottom.

This is great! Thank you that helps A LOT!

I saw something today at the Tanos/Systainer display at the Festool Roadshow that might be exactly what you are looking for for storing caulk tubes and spray paint cans. Items 18 and 22 below.

I suspect that the item 18 for the caulk is in a Sys5 and the paint is a Sys4 size. The Tanos rep wasn’t sure, but he seemed to concur with me on it on the respective sizes based on lokking at the pics in the brochure. Here is a photo of my L-Boxx 4 beside a Sys5. The Sys 5 is taller by two inches. The L-boxx 4 interior is about 13 1/2 inch inside whereas the Sys5 is 15 1/4.

@miamicuse

CB
    Pro

Any chance of follow up on this offer?

Interior dimensions of L-Boxx 1 and L-Boxx 2. Length, width, height.

(Minimum clearance at the maximum intrusion of any protrusions inside the case, such as allowances for recessed handle bucket, etc)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

An interesting approach to organization using storage boxes.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

An interesting approach to organization using storage boxes.

Man that is nice, Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

(Minimum clearance at the maximum intrusion of any protrusions inside the case, such as allowances for recessed handle bucket, etc)

@dadgineer might want to tag him 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

CB
    Pro

@dadgineer might want to tag him

Thank you. I didn’t really know how to tag. I had to quote your post (in an exercise of the selective quoting secret I accidently discovered) to see how you made @dadgineer a live clickable link, and it looks like you merely added an @ symbol? And merely this @ symbol alone will alert dadgineer to the continued interest in his follow up?

After over a year of asking this same question and not receiving a definitive answer, and not finding any L-Boxxes in stock locally that I could physically measure in person, I finally gave up and relinquished my entire balance of points to request one L-Boxx1 and one L-Boxx2.

When and if that redemption request should ever be fulfilled and I actually “get a box” for the first time (or in this case, two boxxes), I will be certain to accurately and completely measure the inside clearances of L-Boxx-1 and L-Boxx-2 and post these dimensions for all to see, so that future searchers will not be as stymied as I was for so long in simply trying to determine what will fit inside these L-Boxxes prior to order. Call it taking one for the team.

Doobie
    Pro

, I finally gave up and relinquished my entire balance of points to request one L-Boxx1 and one L-Boxx2.

That is truly the way to deal with it. Some tools, no matter whether you have the dimensions anyways, you just have to physically try to see if they will fit right.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dadgineer might want to tag him 😛

I wonder if he is still with bosch?? Looks like they had a big reorganization.
    Jim is gone , Kevin is gone,,,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Oops, sorry I missed this. I don’t know why I didn’t get an email notification.

Now that I am here, is the question already answered?

I’m not going anywhere, here for the long haul.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Oops, sorry I missed this. I don’t know why I didn’t get an email notification.

Now that I am here, is the question already answered?

I’m not going anywhere, here for the long haul.

I believe he still would like to know the inside dimensions, eventhough he ordered himself some lboxx from btp, but this can take a while.
    Bosch should have a info sheet for the lboxx’s right? @dadgineer

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t know why I didn’t get an email notification.

I think there is something with the email notification because I don’t get a lot of them too.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Because I am clearly a slacker in this conversation, I did some quick research and made this…

Rough numbers.

Attachments:

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

@dadgineer, that is an awesome graphic. Saved to my desktop for future reference. Thanks so much! I am sure others will appreciate the drawing too.

Doobie
    Pro

Because I am clearly a slacker in this conversation, I did some quick research and made this…

Rough numbers.

Printed and placed in one of my Bosch manuals.

Thanks for taking the time Steve!

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Rough numbers.

Are those all the interior or exterior heights @dadgineer? Great graphic, regardless!

Charlie

Instagram

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Rough numbers.

much appreciated steve for the numbers

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie
    Pro

Rough numbers.

Are those all the interior or exterior heights @dadgineer? Great graphic, regardless!

They’re interior measurements.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.573 seconds