dcsimg

I'm Sorry For Yet Another L-Boxx Thread, But…….

Tagged: 

This topic contains 86 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  CB 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 87 total)
  • Author

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

I’d say l-boxxes are likely more durable than systainers, but I haven’t actually heard of many instances where a systainer was damaged.
    Otter Box used to make pelican case type stuff, not sure they do anything large enough for you.

redwood
    Pro

It seems to me that L-boxxes and Systainers are made from a similar hard plastic. I much prefer the latches on the L-boxxes though.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

It seems to me that L-boxxes and Systainers are made from a similar hard plastic. I much prefer the latches on the L-boxxes though.

The old style, or the T-loc? The latter is very easy to use.

One more question:

How many drawers go in the L-Boxx 3D? I see there are thick and thin drawers. Can you mix and match, say, 1 thick, and 2 thin?

Delta

This picture shows the combinations of drawers that work with the 3D, though you can also technically fit 3 of the smallest drawers in together (but they do not lock in to the 3d)

Sounds like you may be better off with the dewalt tough boxes, but I appreciate that my l-boxxes weigh less than tough boxes.

Attachments:

John S

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

One more question:

How many drawers go in the L-Boxx 3D? I see there are thick and thin drawers. Can you mix and match, say, 1 thick, and 2 thin?

Delta

This picture shows the combinations of drawers that work with the 3D, though you can also technically fit 3 of the smallest drawers in together (but they do not lock in to the 3d)

Sounds like you may be better off with the dewalt tough boxes, but I appreciate that my l-boxxes weigh less than tough boxes.

Here is my L-BOXX-3d with one L-BOXX53-12 and one L-BOXX72-10

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

John and 58Chev, thanks for those. Looks pretty neat.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

While somewhat durable, the L Boxxes would not take a huge hit. They are a thinner, harder plastic. If you are looking for durability and water proof, DeWalt is the way to go.

Thanks. I was wondering how they compared to the DeWalt.

Delta

I agree, I do things with my DeWalt boxes I don’t do with the L-boxxes. Like stand on them and put a plank on 2 of them to work off of.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

While somewhat durable, the L Boxxes would not take a huge hit. They are a thinner, harder plastic. If you are looking for durability and water proof, DeWalt is the way to go.

Thanks. I was wondering how they compared to the DeWalt.

Delta

I agree, I do things with my DeWalt boxes I don’t do with the L-boxxes. Like stand on them and put a plank on 2 of them to work off of.

The dewalt boxes do seem stronger, but Ive sat on a couple of Lboxxes many times, and my fat butt hasnt caused them any strain.

Sortimo rates them at 100kg (220lbs) each, so a plank on two of them should support double that (more or less, allowing for uneven balancing)

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I hear you Dirty, I have often wondered if the L-Boxx was up to that kind of use.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Just started to collect the L boxes, it’s been about 5 months now,
    I like them a lot, but if I had to do it all over, I might of held off for another sort. Hey even the keter brand has tool boxes now, and they even do something like a rolling one, and they are pretty durable, plus water proof I think, and can be locked, I saw them on TIA

I just like the Bosch L boxes, mainly because I use for Bosch tools.

Kaizen foam inserts are going to be arriving soon . Fully cut out to the l-boxx shape . No more doing it yourself .

Always willing to learn .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I asked him about the L-rack drawers and he said that those are coming soon also

There really doing a full court press on all different brands to fit the there foam @austin . Looks so much cleaner them doing it yourself .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Cnc router is the bomb. I could never make it look as good

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Kaizen foam inserts are going to be arriving soon . Fully cut out to the l-boxx shape . No more doing it yourself .

Those Kaizen foam inserts look fantastic.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is good news. Thank you for the info.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Wow, that sounds like it should be a great fit, who will have them? Here on the rewards,

Wow, that sounds like it should be a great fit, who will have them? Here on the rewards,

Fastcap sells them or Amazon online . Not sure yet if Kazien will sell throw there own website .

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

I’d like to see some of the egg crate foam that ships with pelican cases. If the tools you keep in the box are roughly the same thickness, you don’t have to cut the foam out for the tools, which makes it easy to adapt and change your system without redoing everything.

Now they will be in the L-boxx 3D draws also from Kazien foam .

Attachments:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.438 seconds