dcsimg

IKEA cabinets

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author

My situation is similar to your friend. I think this might not be our last home either. Going with Ikea cabinets does fit our budget too. We want to do all the work before we move in. We will be doing a complete remodel of the kitchen.

When I was younger my parents bought new kitchen cabinets for our place. I am thinking this might have been in the late 70’s. I want say they were purchased from Sears.They weren’t the highest quality of cabinets either. They did last for over 25 years until my redid the kitchen.

I am sure your friend will make the Ikea cabinet work just fine. Looks like he does good work.

Yeah doing the work before is definitely less stressful than doing it while living in the house , especially a kitchen , I’ve done it before , and it is definitely adding stress amongst the family , and especially when having a young family , prior to having our daughter , it was definitely easier , as grown-ups , we could pretty much eat anything and anywhere.

We are looking into buying a cottage up north at some point, and noticed we hate every kitchen we have seen so far.

In every case, an Ikea kitchen install would take next to no time, cost less than all other options, and look great. It would also last for at least 20 years, and is modular enough that individual parts can be swapped out for a mid-cycle refresh

There is a place for real quality cabinetry, and I can – and have – built my own. But I can’t knock out a full kitchen worth of cabinets and hang them in one day. But I can assemble and hang the ikea ones (the rail they use is a fantastic time-saver) in a morning. I can also pay a few bucks and have them delivered so I don’t have to care about multiple trips a few hours away or renting a cargo trailer

Ikea is probably the best option if cost and time are relevant.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

In every case, an Ikea kitchen install would take next to no time, cost less than all other options, and look great. It would also last for at least 20 years, and is modular enough that individual parts can be swapped out for a mid-cycle refresh

There is a place for real quality cabinetry, and I can – and have – built my own. But I can’t knock out a full kitchen worth of cabinets and hang them in one day. But I can assemble and hang the ikea ones (the rail they use is a fantastic time-saver) in a morning. I can also pay a few bucks and have them delivered so I don’t have to care about multiple trips a few hours away or renting a cargo trailer

You bring up some really good points. This how I see it also. It is the best option if cost and time are relevant.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

We are looking into buying a cottage up north at some point, and noticed we hate every kitchen we have seen so far.

Well congratulations on your future purchase

Definitely a savings cost wise

My friend is going to be getting his cabinets this coming Thursday from Ikea , he’ll be starting to install them this coming weekend ,
    The only issues he’s had was dealing with the staff about the contract , lots of confusion on their behalf , but looks like it’s going to be ok ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My wife picked up our Ikea cabinets yesterday. We are short 3 cabinets as they were outstock til Saturday. We hope to start the install the beginning of next week.

Greg

My wife picked up our Ikea cabinets yesterday. We are short 3 cabinets as they were outstock til Saturday. We hope to start the install the beginning of next week.

Nice , it’s amazing how small they are in assembled

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes it is nice to be closer to the finish line.

Greg

Yes it is nice to be closer to the finish line.

For sure , nice layout for the kitchen also , what sort of counter top are you going to be getting.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

what sort of counter top are you going to be getting.

I can’t remember what counter top the wife wants to get.

Greg

My friend is going with soapstone or quarts , it’s about the same cost as his cabinets

He also took the white cabinets.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My friend is going with soapstone or quarts , it’s about the same cost as his cabinets

We went with the white cabinets also.

Greg

We went with the white cabinets also.

I saw his pictures of the cabinets , he also installed the farmers sink , they are really nice , he was impressed with the quality also , I’ve even been seeing those guys that I’m following on IG the brokaw’s , they have been installing a few Ikea cabinets lately , and even commented on the quality , I’m sure it will be nice , looking forward to seeing more updates 👌👍

Doobie

Soapstone is quite soft. I’d go with the quartz myself.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

A couple of weeks ago I finished installing the cabinet doors on our Ikea cabinets . After going threw all the cabinet door and drawer hardware we realized the handles for the doors and drawers were missing. After double checking the receipt to see if they were paid for. Yes there were paid for. So wifey called Ikea to see what we could do. Ikea said no worries they would ship the missing handles for free. We are pretty happy about this service. So far we are happy with cabinets. The new counter top will be installed end of this week. The counter top was delivered today.

Greg

A couple of weeks ago I finished installing the cabinet doors on our Ikea cabinets . After going threw all the cabinet door and drawer hardware we realized the handles for the doors and drawers were missing. After double checking the receipt to see if they were paid for. Yes there were paid for. So wifey called Ikea to see what we could do. Ikea said no worries they would ship the missing handles for free. We are pretty happy about this service. So far we are happy with cabinets. The new counter top will be installed end of this week. The counter top was delivered today.

Nice , my friend is pretty happy with his cabinets also , I’ll see if I can attach some pictures of his , these were over a month ago , he’s pretty much complete everything now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nice , my friend is pretty happy with his cabinets also , I’ll see if I can attach some pictures of his , these were over a month ago , he’s pretty much complete everything now.

That is nice your friend is happy with his Ikea cabinets also. We have a few things that need to be done.
    Working on the rental property has tied up at lot of our time and being sick hasn’t helped either.

Greg

That is nice your friend is happy with his Ikea cabinets also. We have a few things that need to be done.

Working on the rental property has tied up at lot of our time and being sick hasn’t helped either.

Yeah I’m sure , I remember when we bought this house , we had two other properties , that was stressful. My friend had a few issues with the farm sink , he didn’t like the farm sink from IKEA , so he had to modify the sink cabinet. All in all , he’s pretty much happy ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice , my friend is pretty happy with his cabinets also

They look like nice cabinets.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice , my friend is pretty happy with his cabinets also

They look like nice cabinets.

Hey , they look nice , and they are very happy with them , especially since they cost about 5 grand , he’s a plumber , but did the installation himself , only thing was that counter top he had the company install , that was almost the same cost as the cabinets 🙄
    It’s 1 and a 1/4 inch thick granite , they decided to go with that.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.349 seconds