dcsimg

IDH182 Stuck Bits

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

i think working them all day with the same bit would be prone to jamming. it is probably a good idea to remove the bit occasionally to reset it.

redwood
    Pro

I also have had that issue with my Makita’s, just reverse it and the bit pops out. I haven’t used my Bosch impacts enough to notice if this is a issue with them or not.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

A workmate is having this issue with his Ridgid Impact. I sent him this link hoping it might help him out a bit.

A Working Pro since 2004

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Put a drop of oil inside the hex chuck and you won’t have any stuck bits. I suspect if the bit shank is somewhat undersized it’ll wedge against the wall of chuck.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I get that once in a while, usually tapping the bit on it’s side a couple of times will loosen it. once in a while it will take a pliers. The impact action will work hard to “stick” a bit in the chuck. I would try removing the bit occasionally and reinstalling it. that will make the jamming action start all over and should keep it from getting extremely stuck.

Yup i get that on occasion with all the brands ive used. A couple taps sideways normally does the trick.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I just had a stuck bit that would not come out in mine. I ended up laying the chuck on a sawhorse and tapping it a couple of times with a hammer. the bit ended up popping right out.

woodman_412

I had a nut driver bit stick in my 12V Bosch impact the other day. Most bits I don’t have an issue with but for some reason this one was prone to sticking. A little bit of wiggling around got it free.

Dan

danpattison.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Mine was a nut driver also. We had driven a lot of Tapcons and Beam buster screws while framing some metal stud walls. I was a little worried about getting it out at first.

woodman_412

Mine was a nut driver also. We had driven a lot of Tapcons and Beam buster screws while framing some metal stud walls. I was a little worried about getting it out at first.

I was driving Tapcons too when mine stuck. I thought maybe it was going to be stuck really good from the torque or something. I guess when you’re driving Tapcons there is quite a bit of torque being applied and not much give since you’re going into concrete.

Dan

danpattison.com

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I would agree with @redwood. Just go back to a tight screw and reverse it. The bit is just twisting in it with all the torque on it. Buy good bits and a drop of oil would help.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I will have to try the oil, and backing one out next time. I would have to say Tapcon’s are probably the hardest thing to push with a cordless impact. Anything bigger than a 1/4″ tapcon and we use the large 1/2″ cordless impact.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.358 seconds