dcsimg

IDH182 impact driver, I love this thing

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

nice review @jzmtl.
    Im in the same boat, I just love my IDH182.
    lightweight and a perfect slim handle.
    which kit is that you are using with the IDH182?

The IDH kit I bought is IDH182-01L. It has since been paired with a mixed of drills from several other kits. Right now it’s with a HDH181 and DDS181.

I bought the CLPK233-181L (lboxx with DDS182 & IDH182) about 2y ago.
    I have to get my hand on that socket set. do you like it?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

nice review @jzmtl.

The IDH kit I bought is IDH182-01L. It has since been paired with a mixed of drills from several other kits. Right now it’s with a HDH181 and DDS181.

Heh, I keep meaning to upgrade the DDS181 to 182, but things never worked out.

I like the socket set, it’s small and handy and I can just grab it and go instead of my full sets of impact sockets that probably weights like 50 lbs.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

nice review @jzmtl.

I like the socket set, it’s small and handy and I can just grab it and go instead of my full sets of impact sockets that probably weights like 50 lbs.

check out lowes, they have it on sale right now, off hand i can’t remember what the price was. All of bosch tools are on sale, some deeper discounts than the rest.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

check out lowes, they have it on sale right now, off hand i can’t remember what the price was. All of bosch tools are on sale, some deeper discounts than the rest.

Didn’t see any brushless drill on sale, but the 12v angle driver is 70 bucks. Would really like one of those, but man I already have enough power screwdrivers.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

nice review @jzmtl.

I actually have both. the DDS181 and 182.
    the 182 has a bunch more power…well worth to get.

I put the set on my list. I have a Husky kit but thats pretty bulky and heavy.
    A small kit in a hard case is nice to have around.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Didn’t see any brushless drill on sale, but the 12v angle driver is 70 bucks. Would really like one of those, but man I already have enough power screwdrivers.

edit: deal post.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but the 12v angle driver is 70 bucks.

I have one of the 12V angle drivers and it is really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Make sense, I do use a bit that goes from 1/4″ hex to 1/2″ socket. I don’t know what the torque rating of my M18 is. I’ll have to look it up and see. I was undoing 93 ft lbs lugs.

I’m surprised you haven’t broke it yet. I’ve seen quite a few of those snapped by 18v impact drivers.

My M18 Impact is rated 113 ft lb and I use three different socket adapters, 1/2″ being the one I use the most and have never snapped one. They are Impact ready adapters, if that makes a difference.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

My M18 Impact is rated 113 ft lb and I use three different socket adapters, 1/2″ being the one I use the most and have never snapped one. They are Impact ready adapters, if that makes a difference.

Yeah I think you are losing too much torque with that adaptor. Both the loose joint and the flex of the thin shaft will rob some torque, and that could bring your final available power below the threshold.

Clev08
    Pro

Having three different impact modes is really handy, I use my Impact driver to install switch covers and cabinet hardware and I don’t have to worry about anything. Really enjoyed the review but I would like to make one thing clear about torque.
    The torque specs on power tools are about as relatable to your cars torque as Lee valley is to wal mart. Torque ratings in power tools are more about gearing, there is no way a IDH182 could make a car go 120 mph.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Having three different impact modes is really handy, I use my Impact driver to install switch covers and cabinet hardware and I don’t have to worry about anything. Really enjoyed the review but I would like to make one thing clear about torque.
    The torque specs on power tools are about as relatable to your cars torque as Lee valley is to wal mart. Torque ratings in power tools are more about gearing, there is no way a IDH182 could make a car go 120 mph.

True, that part can be somewhat misleading. Torque is a measurement of force not power, so the engine torque is when it’s spinning at 5000 RPM, but the power produced will be hundreds of hp/kw, whereas the impact driver will be at stall and power produced is literally zero.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

uhh, i guess my lowes is more aggressive than yours, as if i am not mistaken it is 32 dollars here.

That was a super price. Hope you picked one up at that price?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

uhh, i guess my lowes is more aggressive than yours, as if i am not mistaken it is 32 dollars here.

That was a super price. Hope you picked one up at that price?

uhhh heck yah, i bought one for me and one for @58chev lol.
    actually when i bought it, it was 49 dollars and i just happened to walk past and saw the price drop. Since it was within 30 days that i bought it, they gave me the difference. It was amazing.

@jzmtl
    if you want i can always pick one up and ship it to you?

So… How does the IDH182 compare to the new oily ones Ive been hearing about? Love the Bosch, but always curious about major design differences

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

So… How does the IDH182 compare to the new oily ones Ive been hearing about? Love the Bosch, but always curious about major design differences

I think in terms of raw power the oily ones arnt as good. They are just quiter.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Idh182 is a beast it even take of my axle nut on my dodge ram I do all my car repair with it. I have it almost 2 years

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

@jzmtl if you want i can always pick one up and ship it to you?

Thanks for the offer, but after shipping it probably won’t be much cheaper than the online price. Oh well it’s not like I don’t have enough power screwdrivers already lol.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Idh182 is a beast it even take of my axle nut on my dodge ram I do all my car repair with it. I have it almost 2 years

I will surprise you what it can do. I really like mint too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@jzmtl if you want i can always pick one up and ship it to you?

Thanks for the offer, but after shipping it probably won’t be much cheaper than the online price. Oh well it’s not like I don’t have enough power screwdrivers already lol.

lol do you come down to toronto often? or i can drop it off next time i am out that way.

i think this is a great testament to what it can do, i’ve wanted this for my vehicles for a while. I’ll have to wait a bit to get it.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

It wasn’t two weeks ago that we discussed not promoting deals here….Take your deal/swapping discussion to PMs please!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.791 seconds