dcsimg

I wanted to help but didn't know how

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

It doesn’t show but the box is sorta tied with an extension cord. Bad thing is I have been guilty of the same or worse.

kzcarp
    Pro

If they sell bungee cords or ratchet straps at that store there shouldn’t have been any need for you to help. Oh, wait that’s probably where they got the extension cord.

Jerry, some people just can’t be saved, as much as you want to help. I’ve been there.

kevin

redwood
    Pro

Is that a water heater? Why wouldn’t they just lie it down on the framing?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

Yes, it is a water heater. They came in with a girl sitting on the framing lumber holding the heater upright. I have no earthly idea why they didn’t lay it down. The cord went around the box, through the sliding window and out the drivers window and back around the box.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

You just can’t fix stupid

yikes… that looks totally insane hahaha

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Reminds me of the time when a stove was skidding towards me on the highway because the guy didn’t strap it down. You guys are right, you just cant fix stupid.

Yikes…scary. That is why there is usually an extension ladder on the freeway or a mattress…usually during rush hour. People just do not think…

Orange County, CA

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Is that a water heater? Why wouldnโ€™t they just lie it down on the framing?

That was my first thought too ๐Ÿ™‚

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

It looks like it made for a more interesting ride doing it this way. people do some crazy stuff. We have a lot of metal scrappers in Milwaukee and the way the pile stuff in the back of the truck is downright scary. I will try to get a pic next time I see them

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

You just canโ€™t fix stupid

Enough said.

cranbrook2
    Pro

Maybe they are related to these guys ๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments:
    FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Oh, like when I did this?

Attachments:
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is why we need the Hiway patrol, When I see this kind of stuff I want to strangle the dumba__. That thing could kill someone. NOT cool!! Accidents can happen even when you do everything right but to start out with something like this is ridiculous. I notice a lot of scary towing set-ups too. For example; A guy I kinda know bought a new travel trailer camper a few months ago. When he brought it out to camp I looked over the hitch set-up he had and OMG!! The hitch was rated at 6000 lbs and his camper weighed 8000 lbs empty, It dropped the back of his truck down about 6 inches too. I finally talked him into getting an equalizer hitch but I can’t convince him he needs trailer brakes too. He thinks he has them already, But he doesn’t. Some people have no business towing anything. Sorry for the rant ๐Ÿ™‚

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Boyd, in my case I didn’t realize the weight of the 18- sheets of 4X12 sheetrock. I did take backroads home and everything stayed put. Including the rear end of that poor minivan I had (rip)

cranbrook2
    Pro

Last week is was driving behind a pickup truck .His tailgate was open and next thing I know there was a large living room chair flying out the back of his truck . Luckily I saw it fast enough to avoid it
    All he had to do was close his tailgate but I guess that would of been too easy ๐Ÿ™‚

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

Once on a long road trip I was 1/2 asleep in back I heard a skreetch and looked over. A car had a canoe strapped to the front and rear, but not in the middle. The canoe was sliding along side and banging against the side of the car. still attached to the front and rear. The sparks were quite impressive:-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Boyd, in my case I didnโ€™t realize the weight of the 18- sheets of 4X12 sheetrock. I did take backroads home and everything stayed put. Including the rear end of that poor minivan I had (rip)

You didn’t have anything that could have fallen out for someone else to hit. That’s the part I don’t like. I’ve overloaded my vehicles before too but I was only putting myself in danger LOL. I got a laugh out of yours LOL ๐Ÿ™‚

FLAUER
    Pro
    MENOMONEE FALLS, WI

yeah, That was from about 10 yrs ago, but I keep that picture around. I like how I was actually parked on a slant but the van looks level. But once you see the wheel wells you know I was a dumba$$

Anonymous
    Inactive

John, That kind of stuff infuriates me, He put everyone out there in danger, Except himself.

Brendan, Some of this stuff I find funny like that canoe, As long as no one gets hurt. And at least the dummy tried to be safe LOL.

I have a habit of looking at peoples towing set-up even when going down the interstate as I pass someone. One time I noticed a guys empty car hauling trailer wasn’t down over the ball, Yeah it was closed and locked but resting on top of the ball, Geez. I got up beside him and let him know, Then I pulled over and stopped with him as he fixed it. He couldn’t believe it and said his kid hooked it up and Thanked me about a 100 times before I left LOL.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.437 seconds