dcsimg

I created and built a MFT style portable workbench

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Well, it will mostly be a cut table. I will do some assembly on it. I have a plan.

Make the top. I’m thinking 36×60.

Make a square frame with 1 1/2 x 3″ plywood runners to set in the slots on the saw horses.

Then wrap the whole thing with 1×4 hardwood or more of the plywood. If I use hardwood around the frame I will only need one sheet of plywood.

I was planning on lowering the edge band about 1/4” to make the plywood top replaceable.

I think it will be flat enough for my purposes. I’m not really building furniture on it.

I also won’t be just leaving it outside all the time. Just sometimes on the job it will start raining on me.

More thoughts????

I'm the only person I ever hit in the head with a hammer.

Doobie

More thoughts????

Keter work tables are fairly rain resistant. Maybe that’s the solution. I just got two of them this past year and I really like them. A LOT!

https://www.keter.com/en/folding-work-table

With their ease of transport and super fast deploy/collapsing ability, they’ve become one of my go-to portable tables.

More thoughts????

Keter work tables are fairly rain resistant. Maybe that’s the solution. I just got two of them this past year and I really like them. A LOT!

https://www.keter.com/en/folding-work-table

With their ease of transport and super fast deploy/collapsing ability, they’ve become one of my go-to portable tables.

I did enjoy the keter for awhile, but the two I had both broke. Same place on both benches. The top hinge on one leg. I still have one in the back yard I use around the house. But they were always a little wobbly.

I looked into the medex, nearest location is in ft worth, Texas. They also have MDO. I remember researching it before (I had forgotten about it) and may be the best of both worlds.

Problem is it will cost 200 in shipping or find a reason to make the trip during the week on the clock. I can maybe swing that.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

keep in mind with mdo its also heavier than regular mdf.. atleast from my memory it is.. its been over 10 years since i’ve used it.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Thanks.

I did break down and make this table… The edge banding was eventually removed. it only served to provide weight. I went with just a piece of furniture grade 3/4 for the top. it did well over the last year. Now I am looking towards something a little more transformer-like. I believe a system similar to the O.P.s tables could do the trick. I want to make it be able to be set up in a few different configurations. Like for a quick rip for one piece, something that can be set up in a low configuration for working on floors, and then a full day set up for trim and track saw set up.

I also, have some exterra mdf for this build found locally.

Well, it will mostly be a cut table. I will do some assembly on it. I have a plan.

Make the top. I’m thinking 36×60.

Make a square frame with 1 1/2 x 3″ plywood runners to set in the slots on the saw horses.

Then wrap the whole thing with 1×4 hardwood or more of the plywood. If I use hardwood around the frame I will only need one sheet of plywood.

I was planning on lowering the edge band about 1/4” to make the plywood top replaceable.

I think it will be flat enough for my purposes. I’m not really building furniture on it.

I also won’t be just leaving it outside all the time. Just sometimes on the job it will start raining on me.

More thoughts????

Doobie

I did break down and make this table…

Show us a pic please. Especially since this is a year old thread since last was posted.

I don’t have one in this phone. I’ll try and get one of it tomorrow.

Sorry.

Here are some pics from today….

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.357 seconds