dcsimg

I believe a refurbished $360 GLL2-80 crossline laser should last more that two years…

This topic contains 56 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@dirtywhiteboy They’re about $500. Too rich for my blood.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

it cost me a great deal of time to remove and reinstall a bunch of signs in a non-air-conditioned building in 100° heat and

I know I would be getting one till I have one fail on me. Man that’s bad you did your install and had to pull it all down. I see why you’re so upset. I don’t like the high teck stuff and never trust it. I always turn it on and go to the wall with my level and see if the red line is good with the bubble stick. That’s just the way I am. Man I set up the laser out side on a bigger job I make a mark at each side of the wall and snap a line and get the 8′ bubble stick just so I know..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Out of appreciation for Jim @bethepro talking to folks on his end, I’d like to say thank you. Bosch sent a new laser kit. I haven’t heard what made the other one malfunction but I appreciate the fact that Bosch replaced it. Thank you, Jim.

Resident Sign Guy

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

That is great that Jim and Bosch stood up for you.
    I hope I have better luck with the GLL 3-15 my boss just got me.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Out of appreciation for Jim @bethepro talking to folks on his end, I’d like to say thank you. Bosch sent a new laser kit. I haven’t heard what made the other one malfunction but I appreciate the fact that Bosch replaced it. Thank you, Jim.

Nice it all worked out for you Moze and Bosch stood behind their tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Out of appreciation for Jim bethepro talking to folks on his end, I’d like to say thank you. Bosch sent a new laser kit. I haven’t heard what made the other one malfunction but I appreciate the fact that Bosch replaced it. Thank you, Jim.

Nice it all worked out for you Moze and Bosch stood behind their tool.

Yes it is great that Jim got things worked out for Moze. Just bad that it had to get to the point that he did have to help. Should have been that way from the beginning.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie
    Pro

Glad to hear that. But will you continue using it? Or did you replace it with the Dewalt you kentioned earlier in the thread?

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@doobie Unfortunately I couldn’t wait to see what would happen with the Bosch. It’s already been replaced with the DeWalt.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@doobie Unfortunately I couldn’t wait to see what would happen with the Bosch. It’s already been replaced with the DeWalt.

I know that one. I usually carry a backup with me. I really want the green laser.

Dirty

Moze
    Dallas, TX

@dirtywhiteboy yeah I keep eying that DeWalt one but can’t/couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger for $500. Too rich for my blood.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    @moze wrote:

@dirtywhiteboy yeah I keep eying that DeWalt one but can’t/couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger for $500. Too rich for my blood.

I beg to differ!! No it’s not.. I am the cheap one here with my 13$ a bottle bourbon and my 2000 chevy van LOL! If it were me I’d eye the PLS 180 green laser but I’ve used the DeWalt and it good.

Dirty

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

@moze, sounds like there is a head to head comparo in the near future, now that you have the yella and the blue.

Jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY
    @moze wrote:

I beg to differ!! No it’s not.. I am the cheap one here with my 13$ a bottle bourbon and my 2000 chevy van LOL! If it were me I’d eye the PLS 180 green laser but I’ve used the DeWalt and it good.

the 3 plane dewalt green laser is really really really good. just saying.

Moze
    Dallas, TX
    @moze wrote:

@dirtywhiteboy you drinking Old Grandad? It’s a good $13 bottle of bourbon.

Resident Sign Guy

Doobie
    Pro

@moze, sounds like there is a head to head comparo in the near future, now that you have the yella and the blue.

Jim

That’s a gauntlet/challenge if I ever read one. 😉

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    @moze wrote:

the 3 plane dewalt green laser is really really really good. just saying.

Oh I know and agree, I’ve used it before. It’s just PLS has a over a 20 year history with builders lasers and builds them here in the USA.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.
    @moze wrote:

@dirtywhiteboy you drinking Old Grandad? It’s a good $13 bottle of bourbon.

I haven’t seen it over here but I’ll look. I see it is a Beam- Suntory product.

Dirty

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.496 seconds