dcsimg

I am in a magazine!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author

A while ago I signed up to be a tool tester for Festool. I forgot about it until one day I received an email from one of the marketing guys at Festool. He said he didn’t have any tools for me to test (a little bummed out) but Festool was doing a round table type discussion with a few contractors around the US about surviving the recession and wanted to know if I would be involved. Sure! Sounded interesting!

They set up a time for a conference call with the magazine and the other three contractors. Then they wrote the article off the discussion. It was some good interaction and fun to talk with other guys in different parts of the US. It was real natural feeling for me because of being involved in several forums over the years.

Here’s the link.

http://www.forresidentialpros.com/article/11327020/remodelers-discuss-post-recession-survival-keeping-demanding-clients-happy-finding-good-subcontractors-and-the-importance-of-job-site-dust-collection

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

Congrats! I read some of it…it’s pretty good content.

Resident Sign Guy

Right on! That’s a nice bit of exposure.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Very Cool! That’s always an honor.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

A good read, I would say our survival was done in a similar way.

Cool stuff! Now use that to try to get into more! It just starts to build if you work it.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Cool stuff! Now use that to try to get into more! It just starts to build if you work it.

I have an idea for a quick article for BTP I need to get on paper. I think it would be cool. Is that kindof how you started Robert?

Andrew

Way cool for you! Did Festool reward you in anyway?

Way cool for you! Did Festool reward you in anyway?

No, actually Festool just brought us together for the magazine. Just free exposure. I still have a small glimmer of hope that it helps my chances for the tool testing…lol!

Andrew

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Congrats on a great article .

I have an idea for a quick article for BTP I need to get on paper. I think it would be cool. Is that kindof how you started Robert?

The actual first was an advertisement for correct deck cx that ran in professional deck builder magazine, but then I approached the editor for doing a steel frame deck article and it kind of grew from there. I actually had a tool review publish before the steel article since it was short and they could fit it in. Today I was talking to 2 editor’s and emailing pictures and final edits on 3 articles/tool reviews. I plan in reaching out to more editors over the coming months to expand my reach.

www.mysteeldeck.com

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Wow, great article. And great exposure! Congrats!

Pat

The actual first was an advertisement for correct deck cx that ran in professional deck builder magazine, but then I approached the editor for doing a steel frame deck article and it kind of grew from there. I actually had a tool review publish before the steel article since it was short and they could fit it in. Today I was talking to 2 editor’s and emailing pictures and final edits on 3 articles/tool reviews. I plan in reaching out to more editors over the coming months to expand my reach.

That is awesome! How do you find the time? I admire your drive.

Andrew

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Congrats, that was a great read and well put together. Good to keep boosting your rep. by doing stuff like that too.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Congratulations Andrew, way to go! I remember reading about this a while ago, elsewhere…nice to see it come to fruition hey?

And Robert…a belated congrats to you as well…I just saw your LGS framing article in the FHB Deck special that just came out.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Congrats!! That is awesome and as others stated, a great way for exposure. Maybe we will see you in an upcoming video using lots of Festool goodies!

Orange County, CA

That is awesome! How do you find the time? I admire your drive.

They’re usually pushing me to get things done… I typically get real excited at first and do 80% of the work in the first couple days and then the last 20% on deadline day.

I keep a camera handy on the jobsite and if I feel something might be worthy of documenting the steps I’ll take a few minutes and photograph the steps.

www.mysteeldeck.com

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Nice read.
    I have been at a few round tables, but with poloical hacks.

Yours sounded more productive !!

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

That was a nice article, congrats!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Great exposure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.578 seconds