dcsimg

How's this for system compatibility?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Doing some work on a friend house and didn’t feel like lugging my gravity rise table saw around so I used his. I noticed the fence on the smaller bosch table saw perfectly matches the deck height of my gcms on the t4b stand. Helpful little outfeed support. Makes for a nice compact work station.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

that’s gotta be more good luck then good design! Nice that it worked out like that. I really like that baby bosch. I might have to upgrade my TS

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

Yeah I gotta see if my 4100 matches up like that. That small saw is on the list, right? I might have to save us for that. The bigger one is a hassle to lug around in my van.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

That is pretty sweet. There are a few tools that have intentionally worked out details like that. My Dewalt laser shoots a beam out exactly 3″ above the surface that you set it on. My Bosch laser shoots the beam at 2 5/16″. A lot easier to use when your looking at a round number.

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

That is pretty sweet. There are a few tools that have intentionally worked out details like that. My Dewalt laser shoots a beam out exactly 3″ above the surface that you set it on. My Bosch laser shoots the beam at 2 5/16″. A lot easier to use when your looking at a round number.

Yeah that’s an annoying feature on the bosch lasers for sure. I also noticed the dewalt miter saws have a 3 1/2 inch deck height. In a pinch you can use a 2×4 on edge for outfeed support.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Sometimes I guess it is better to be lucky than good. Having that option for additional outfeed support.

@thedude306
    . Don’t you have the 4100 already. I would find it hard to give that up for the smaller saw.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

@kurtwelkerhomes-com

Isn’t that true, a little luck never hurts.

I do have the 4100 and I do REALLY like it, it’s just pretty big for a quick job. With the track saw I now have I am changing my TS needs and find it’s more saw then I need for most things. I don’t think I would get rid of it but it would be nice to have a smaller saw to haul around and pull out when you only need smaller cuts. I wish I would have incorporated that small bosch into my bench and had the top as an outfeed. On the next one….

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yeah that’s an annoying feature on the bosch lasers for sure. I also noticed the dewalt miter saws have a 3 1/2 inch deck height. In a pinch you can use a 2×4 on edge for outfeed support.

Dewalt has changed their deck heights over the years. I hav 3 of them and they all have varying deck heights. I think one is 3″, one 3 1/2″ and one at 4″. They are all set up on stands so it is not that big of a deal.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That probably wouldnt work as well on the grass .

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

love it when it all comes together

KenW
    Pro

love it when it all comes together

John “Hannibal” Smith paraphrase lol

That’s pretty cool on a wim . Designed maybe by accident and bosch never new it .

Always willing to learn .

Yeah it has to be luck. If it were designed that way it would in some sort of literature to promote the proper system design…lol. Still really cool it works like that.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Yeah it has to be luck. If it were designed that way it would in some sort of literature to promote the proper system design…lol. Still really cool it works like that.

Absolutely! Companies advertise anything they can. Accident or not, it’s a happy one.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

woodman_412

That looks like a great setup! It’s always nice when something like that works out. How do you like the fence on the Bosch table saw? I have the DeWalt and that’s the thing I like about it the most is the fence, the rest of it isn’t too special.

Dan

danpattison.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gotta love it, I’ve done something similar only the other way around, The wings on the T4B can be adjusted to the height of the TS4100-09. Not the best idea probably but I have used it as an outfeed support for full sheets of 1/4″ plywood, And some 3/4″ x 10″ x 8′ pine

aa_custom
    Pro
    PIttsburgh, PA

That looks like a great setup! It’s always nice when something like that works out. How do you like the fence on the Bosch table saw? I have the DeWalt and that’s the thing I like about it the most is the fence, the rest of it isn’t too special.

Its nothing special. Its nowhere near as nice as the 4100, thats for sure. It likes to jump to the left as you clamp the fence down, so you have to fiddle with it a bit to get it exactly where you want it. I do like the rack and pinion fence on the dewalt. Its been a few years since I’ve used one, so I cant give much of a comparison. I havent used this bosch model much either, like I said, it belongs to a friend.

i would certainly consider getting one to keep in the van though. I only bring the 4100 when I know I will need it. Its so big, it doesnt really have a dedicated spot in the van.

Ohhh, that is a nice little surprise to see that it can work as an support for your miter saw. Surprised that it is a perfect match, but that is good to know!

John S

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.377 seconds