dcsimg

How often do you wash ?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dirty DirtyWhiteBoy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kevin
    kzcarp
    Pro

Your socks. Specifically your Darn Tough’s. My wool wigwams I would wear 2 or 3 days and then launder.
    Also scored a great deal on darn tough sox at EMS, storewide 20% off, ’til Sunday. I got my wife a pair of DT’s and now she’s hooked too.

kevin

Profile photo of John. L
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

As soon as I throw them at the wall and they stick then I wash them 🙂

Wash after every use. I love the feel of clean socks in the morning.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Kevin, good to hear that your into the darn tough socks. I am wearing a pair right now.

I launder my socks every time I wear them. I am with Eric in that I love the feeling of fresh clean socks. It may sound weird but I even change my socks when I get home from work so that I can have dry comfortable feet.

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

you guys are gross lol.. 2 or 3 wears for a pair of socks.. thats nasty.. i wear em once then they go in the wash.. one pair goes on when i get up for work.. i shower when i get home then go to the gym then those socks go in the hamper at teh end of the night

Profile photo of Mark (Redwood)
    redwood
    Pro

One pair of socks per day for me. Same with underwear.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I wash mine every 2-3 days. Normally every 2 days unless I have been particularly not-sweaty… But the key for my darn tough socks is that I air dry them… I think it says you can dry them if you want, but I don’t just to be safe… even though there is a lifetime warranty and all haha

John S

Profile photo of Jerry
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Skiatook, OK

Any clothes that touch my skin get washed after one wear. The second layers such as outer shirts, outer pair of socks if I wear two, jeans and such I will wear 2 days maybe 3 if I don’t do much. But again I reiterate if it touches my skin in goes in the hamper that night except in extreme situations. The week we went without electricity in January all rules went out the window.

Profile photo of Jason
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am exactly with Jerry, all clothing that comes in skin contact is washed after wash wash.

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

now my old man on the other hand.. i think he only owns 2 pairs of socks… they get washed when the neighbors start to complain

Profile photo of John. L
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I had a young worker one time that always wore the same socks for a week at a time .When he took his boots off he could clear a room in less than a minute .
    We were working next to a lake so took his boots and socks and threw them in the lake . He got the hint after that 🙂

Profile photo of Jeff
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

sounds like me during my volleyball years.. it was ritual to not wash your kneepads during the season. bad luck.. once the season was over you could wash em.. man they stunk.. whats worse i played for several teams some of which the seasons overlapped… do the math on that one

sounds like me during my volleyball years.. it was ritual to not wash your kneepads during the season. bad luck.. once the season was over you could wash em.. man they stunk.. whats worse i played for several teams some of which the seasons overlapped… do the math on that one

hahaha I bet those were RIPE. That is impressively gross. Sports rituals are always a strange thing. But I personally prefer feeling clean over feeling like my lucky socks are still sweaty haha

John S

Profile photo of Kevin
    kzcarp
    Pro

I have to agree with the if it touches skin it gets changed daily, or sooner in very hot weather. Nothing like the scent of a fresh, clean, line dried t-shirt.
    I ask about the socks because several pairs of my wigwams seem to have undergone accelerated thread-bared-ness, possibly attributed to washing machine fatigue.
    I love the Darn Tough and don’t want to have to make use of the lifetime guarantee any time soon.

kevin

Profile photo of Jerry
    jdw1865
    Pro
    Skiatook, OK

hahaha I bet those were RIPE. That is impressively gross. Sports rituals are always a strange thing. But I personally prefer feeling clean over feeling like my lucky socks are still sweaty haha

It is only strange if it doesn’t work!

One use and in the wash. They just don’t feel right to be used again the next day. This is the strangest topic I’ve seen so far. 🙂

Profile photo of Sven
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Socks, T-Shirts, and Underwear are a once day only wear item. T-shirts may get extended if I put a fresh one on and spend my time lounging on the couch.

Stuff has to feel fresh.

Profile photo of Sven
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

double post, please delete.

Profile photo of HDPro
    hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I am a 1 time wearer then to the washer it goes kinda’ guy. Can’t stand dirty, smelly, sweaty clothes at all.

Perhaps someone should start a thread, “Why do so many contractors like butt crack & smell like they rarely shower??!!” I follow so many guys out of the suppliers wondering to myself – “who let’s these guys into their homes?” Ugggggh!

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

One pair of socks per day for me. Same with underwear.

I didn’t know it was done any other way
    Sometimes 2 underwear in a day

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.193 seconds