dcsimg

How many of you only buy only one brand of cordless tools?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have like a dozen batteries of each voltage, as I normally only buy during promotions, so I probably won’t get it, but the new 48-59-1807 M18 & M12 Rapid Charge Station charges up to 3 batteries simultaneously, and charges pack up to 40% quicker.

Man that is a nice charger for a crew.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

If I used my tools daily, I’d definitely get this. Right now I have two of the M12/M18 chargers but most of the time I only use one of the chargers. I have enough batteries so I can have at least two charged while using one and by the time one runs out I the next would be done charging so I won’t be waiting.

I can’t see anybody other than maybe a crew of guys that are all using Milwaukee that would really need such.

Actually, I’ve run two chargers simultaneously in the past. Not that often though. My M12 rotary tool burns through batteries when sanding or polishing and I have to continuously charge the batteries.

Having this just adds one more charger but in one unit. Don’t think it’s for me but would be nice to have.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Having this just adds one more charger but in one unit. Don’t think it’s for me but would be nice to have.

For a home work shop this is not essential, for a crew working with Milwaukee on a job site yes. For those guys it is all about space utilization and reducing the amount that needs to be carried onto the job site daily.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

For a home work shop this is not essential, for a crew working with Milwaukee on a job site yes. For those guys it is all about space utilization and reducing the amount that needs to be carried onto the job site daily.

I am actually going to be showing this to the purchaser for our company to see if we can get one or two for our work crews. We have typically used Makita in the past but now have a few Milwaukee tools that are 12v and 18v so this would be great to have one charger in our site trailer for both types of batteries.

I still think it’s a neat charger especially since you can charge three simultaneously. Looked up the price and it’s way out of my league.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I still think it’s a neat charger especially since you can charge three simultaneously. Looked up the price and it’s way out of my league.

If you didn’t have a lot of batteries, it could get you back in business a lot quicker, but you could also just get yourself more batteries. It’ll sell, but more to the guys that have to possess everything.

If you didn’t have a lot of batteries, it could get you back in business a lot quicker, but you could also just get yourself more batteries. It’ll sell, but more to the guys that have to possess everything.

Yeah, I have a lot of batteries but I do like to possess everything. Bad part is I don’t have the money to do so. Would be nice to be rich.

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

I wish Bosch would launch an one stop charger for 12V to 36V.

I think going with one brand makes the most sense. You will need only 1 or 2 chargers, the batteries will fit, etc. I like new Milwaukee chargers that can charge 12 and 18 volt batteries.

I agree, hopefully Bosch will make a charger that can do both, and add a USB port

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

too bad there isn’t a universal charger, I want one to charge every brand that I have. makes it quick and easy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think going with one brand makes the most sense.

It does to this pro. Working out of a truck, I don’t need to be dealing with multiple brands of chargers and batteries. The line I own really covers pretty much everything I need on the job, with plenty of powerful brushless stuff offered.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I wish Bosch would launch an one stop charger for 12V to 36V.

That would be great for contractors. Even DIYers with multiple platforms could benefit from that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

too bad there isn’t a universal charger, I want one to charge every brand that I have. makes it quick and easy.

In concept that would be awesome. Don’t think that would happen though.

Actually, if they standardize the way the battery is mounted any battery could be used on any tool. Again, that would never happen. I think they make too much money on the batteries so they won’t standardize.

jiminmi
    Pro
    Shelby Township, MI

I get whatever has the best deal going when I need it.

Check out my YouTube channel at: www.youtube.com/channel/UC0_hiu0q4bHnGHtiJcG4sDw

I have seen one years ago, it’s from 10c technology’s

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0_hiu0q4bHnGHtiJcG4sDw

@jiminmi
    What brands do you have so far Jim?

Was looking at your Youtube channel. Awesome videos. I’m subscribing to watch the videos.

I think I remember looking into that, too. Isn’t that the one which used the battery pack with a connector which fit into the tool’s adapter?

I thought it was promising but I didn’t see any updates to the current tool adapters and I didn’t see the ones I needed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s been done before.

Pictured is my DeWalt Supercharger. Just pulled it out of the basement. Purchased in the early – mid 90’s sometime, for what most thought was pretty exorbitant at the time, $100. Charges batteries up to 14.4v, including those from AEG, Bosch, Craftsman, Hitachi, Makita, Milwaukee, Panasonic, Porter Cable and Ryobi, all in 13 minutes or less!

I had a DeWalt 14.4 drill at the time, but also was still using various Makita 9.6 and 12v stuff, plus it was nice to be able to charge up batteries for other guys that might be on the job so quickly.

It’s been done before.

Pictured is my DeWalt Supercharger. Just pulled it out of the basement. Purchased in the early – mid 90’s sometime, for what most thought was pretty exorbitant at the time, $100. Charges batteries up to 14.4v, including those from AEG, Bosch, Craftsman, Hitachi, Makita, Milwaukee, Panasonic, Porter Cable and Ryobi, all in 13 minutes or less!

I had a DeWalt 14.4 drill at the time, but also was still using various Makita 9.6 and 12v stuff, plus it was nice to be able to charge up batteries for other guys that might be on the job so quickly.

Wow, that is cool! Didn’t know they did that for the pod batteries. Too bad they cannot do that again. I would love to have one charger which could charge all my batteries. Right now I have four different ones to charge all my various batteries.

I think I remember looking into that, too. Isn’t that the one which used the battery pack with a connector which fit into the tool’s adapter?

I thought it was promising but I didn’t see any updates to the current tool adapters and I didn’t see the ones I needed.

Yeah that’s the one. Years ago I wrote a couple of letters to TV show groups that do reviews, such as cool tools and another one. Asked them if they could do a possible review on the chargers, they reached out to contact the company, but never received any response. If you watched the company video about how charger, seems to be good. But that is also the company selling the charger.
    The other one was tool select, the show from cool tools did say they reviewed something on it years ago, I believe it was in his video section season 5 I forgot what show. I could check my emails, but it goes back at least 3 to 4 years.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.711 seconds