dcsimg

How many of you only buy only one brand of cordless tools?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

You can small compact units that will generate 150 lbs ft of torque for bolt removal and are compact enough to get in very tight places.

You can also get one of these, at 1100 ft-lbs of nutbusting torque. Mine hasn’t met a rusty fastener yet that it didn’t like.

Bosch and Milwaukee for me although I also 1 Festool cordless driver.

My power tools used to be a mish-mosh of different cheap brands, until Bosch started to fill out their litheon line-up. Although I did just get a cheap off-brand string trimmer to fill that gap.

You can small compact units that will generate 150 lbs ft of torque for bolt removal and are compact enough to get in very tight places.

You can also get one of these, at 1100 ft-lbs of nutbusting torque. Mine hasn’t met a rusty fastener yet that it didn’t like.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/6qn2r0nSVW4?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

That’s what I got! Love it! It makes easy work out of removing every nut I’ve tried it on. Don’t have too many badly rusty ones but it’s been great so far. I got the rubber protective boot for it too so it doesn’t scratch up the wheels I’ve been using it on.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have 3 batteries platforms going now. 18volt Makita- 18volt Bosch and 12volt Ridgid. I like them all but it’s the Bosch batteries I like the best because of the power gage on them.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

I have 3 batteries platforms going now. 18volt Makita- 18volt Bosch and 12volt Ridgid. I like them all but it’s the Bosch batteries I like the best because of the power gage on them.

I have 3 going on as well right now, in my case I have 18v makita, 18v milwaukee and 12v bosch. I want to consolidate down to only 2 but I can’t decide for sure which two.

sergey061478
    Blocked

I own twp brands of cordless tools. DeWalt and Milwaukee. Most of them are DeWalt 18Volts. 1 two-speed drill/driver, 1 three-speed hammer drill, 2 impact drivers, 1 goose-neck flashlight, 1 reciprocating saw, 4 chargers, 11 batteries. Recently I was given a gift – Milwaukee brush less set – 1 two speed hammer drill and 3 speed impact driver with 2 batteries. Have not used them yet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Only one brand, to keep down on the amount of different batteries and chargers in the truck. My charger does both the 12v and the 18v, so I only need to carry one, and the brushless tools mean my batteries get charged less than others.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My charger does both the 12v and the 18v, so I only need to carry one,

What brand of tool is that that uses one charger for 12 & 18V? Most I have seen have a different design battery between the 2 platforms.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

What brand of tool is that that uses one charger for 12 & 18V? Most I have seen have a different design battery between the 2 platforms.

Milwaukee’s standard charger in their M18 kits – or, at least in the Fuel ones.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/accessories/batteries-and-chargers/48-59-1812

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

The dewalt charger will also do both 12v and 20v batteries.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Both of those are handy and can cut down on clutter in the tool box carrying stuff on site. I also like how the Milwaukee will charge both at once.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

sergey061478
    Blocked

When it comes to cordless tools, I try to stick with DeWalt 18V line. Since I have 10+ batteries and several chargers in addition to tools that I already have it makes it a no-brainer. Would like to try other brands/lines too, but they are quite expensive and the battery systems are not compatible.

Milwaukee’s standard charger in their M18 kits – or, at least in the Fuel ones.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/accessories/batteries-and-chargers/48-59-1812

That charger is part of the reason I chose Milwaukee instead of Makita. Until then I only bought Makita cordless but the one charger being able to charge both 12 and 18 volt batteries make things much easier. Now I didn’t have to have multiple chargers for different voltages. I like the system. The only thing I wish it could do is charge both batteries at once but it’s not a deal breaker.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That charger is part of the reason I chose Milwaukee instead of Makita.

That was not even something I considered when choosing, but it is a nice bonus. Makita is the only other brand I would consider, currently.

I have like a dozen batteries of each voltage, as I normally only buy during promotions, so I probably won’t get it, but the new 48-59-1807 M18 & M12 Rapid Charge Station charges up to 3 batteries simultaneously, and charges pack up to 40% quicker.

I used to have a couple , Craftsman , Master craft and Bosch, now I just stick to one (Bosch)

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

About the only cordless I would consider paying full price for right now would be the Dewalt 20v. I have started to transition over, and I like it a lot so far. As far as any discounted cordless tools, I am always a sucker for a good deal.

That was not even something I considered when choosing, but it is a nice bonus. Makita is the only other brand I would consider, currently.

I have like a dozen batteries of each voltage, as I normally only buy during promotions, so I probably won’t get it, but the new 48-59-1807 M18 & M12 Rapid Charge Station charges up to 3 batteries simultaneously, and charges pack up to 40% quicker.

If I used my tools daily, I’d definitely get this. Right now I have two of the M12/M18 chargers but most of the time I only use one of the chargers. I have enough batteries so I can have at least two charged while using one and by the time one runs out I the next would be done charging so I won’t be waiting.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I used my tools daily, I’d definitely get this. Right now I have two of the M12/M18 chargers but most of the time I only use one of the chargers. I have enough batteries so I can have at least two charged while using one and by the time one runs out I the next would be done charging so I won’t be waiting.

I can’t see anybody other than maybe a crew of guys that are all using Milwaukee that would really need such.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

I have never seen that charger before, that is a really interesting concept. It would be great if other companies would like come out with something like this. It’s a great concept especially for a job site trailer if there is a lot of guys using the same brand of tools.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.694 seconds