dcsimg

How many of you only buy only one brand of cordless tools?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

But Bosch does not have the variety that other tools have.

That is why I chose the Milwaukee M12 line for 12v tools – Bosch seems to be slow on the draw bringing tools to NA. I see that Milwaukee will soon be releasing the M12 Fuel brushless circular saw with rafter hook and dust collection port. I will be buying that as soon as it hits the shelves. I had considered switching my 12 volt line to Bosch just because I would like all my cordless tools to be one brand but the variety of the M12 line blows Bosch’s 12v out of the water. The M12/M18 six pack charger is going to be a big draw to the Milwaukee cordless line for a lot of people too.

Attachments:

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

But Bosch does not have the variety that other tools have.

That is why I chose the Milwaukee M12 line for 12v tools – Bosch seems to be slow on the draw bringing tools to NA. I see that Milwaukee will soon be releasing the M12 Fuel brushless circular saw with rafter hook and dust collection port. I will be buying that as soon as it hits the shelves. I had considered switching my 12 volt line to Bosch just because I would like all my cordless tools to be one brand but the variety of the M12 line blows Bosch’s 12v out of the water. The M12/M18 six pack charger is going to be a big draw to the Milwaukee cordless line for a lot of people too.

Same here. I still have Makita and Milwaukee but only have been buying Milwaukee tools recently. I actually got the Milwaukee since the rotary tool uses the M12 system. Found the charger which can charge both M12 and M18 then sold off all my M12 chargers. Because I had the ability to charge M18, I went with the M18 Fuel Hammer and Impact set. Now I have a pretty good mix of M12 and M18 tools. I still use the Makita for a LED light and blower. Wouldn’t mind the Vac and they now have a 18 volt grass trimmer. Still the Makita tool selection is lacking but they stepped it up recently.

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

Only Milwaukee for me, my coworkers have all different sets however I think when two of them upgrade they are going yellow to the 20v. Stinks for me but I do love my RED

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Still the Makita tool selection is lacking but they stepped it up recently.

What is it they are lacking??? Over 50 tools in their 18volt line up.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Still the Makita tool selection is lacking but they stepped it up recently.

What is it they are lacking??? Over 50 tools in their 18volt line up.

When I was looking in the summer of 2013, their brushless line had way less than Milwaukee and the 12V line lacks a lot. I was looking for a rotary tool which used a cordless tool battery. I felt the Milwaukee one was the best. Didn’t want to buy a Dremel since I couldn’t use the battery on anything else. From the rotary tool, I got a OMT, Jigsaw in 12 V and a Hackzall, brushless impact and hammer drill in 18V.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I really think Bosch needs to release some of their 12V & 18V tools sooner in NA. They make great tools we can agree on that, what is hurting them sales wise is waiting to release tools they already have leaving the door open for competitors like Milwaukee & Makita to steal sales when they release tools in NA right away.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

yah. the m12 circ saw sounds like it might be a nice add to teh collection.. but i already have 2 cordless circ saws. the 18v makita and the 36v makita… i dont need a total of 5 circ saws

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DanSB
    Pro
    Buffalo, NY

yah. the m12 circ saw sounds like it might be a nice add to teh collection.. but i already have 2 cordless circ saws. the 18v makita and the 36v makita… i dont need a total of 5 circ saws

How do you like the 36v circ? The added power would be great no doubt, but how does it feel in the real world? Well balanced despite the two batts?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

How do you like the 36v circ? The added power would be great no doubt, but how does it feel in the real world? Well balanced despite the two batts?

It’s a great saw. Tons of power and runtime. The balance is surprisingly good as well. The only drawback I can see is that it feels a bit heavy…and it’s expensive.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Well. I used to have Craftsman and Dewalt, even some old black and Decker, then when my batteries started to die. I figured time to get one platform, that’s when I bought my first Bosch kit. Way back in 2003. And have Just been adding on as I went. I have been thinking lately though, I have the older ni-cad platform, they still work great. But I really want to get into the whole home garden tools also, and of course Bosch does not offer them, only in Europe. But Makita and Milwaukee do. So. What to do. Do I sell my whole set up, probably for peanuts, and then start over with another manufacturer.?? Any input.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

That’s a tough call to make….Do you want a new platform JUST because of the garden tools?
    Would it be more cost effective to just get the garden tools you need and then keep the current power tools that you already own?

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

As things stand, I’m committed to whatever tool will earn me my money the fastest….which means I’ll buy whatever tool brand serves the purpose the best. Compatibility with an existing system is secondary.

Resident Sign Guy

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’ve been sticking to one Brand for cordless so far. I can’t see myself really investing in two or three brands at the moment but who knows down the road.

A Working Pro since 2004

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

As things stand, I’m committed to whatever tool will earn me my money the fastest….which means I’ll buy whatever tool brand serves the purpose the best. Compatibility with an existing system is secondary.

That is a good reasoning for choosing what you buy for tools. I don’t have one specific brand either, just whatever was the best thing to buy at the time. I think I would like to try and start to stick more to one brand for compatibility, at least for my at home use tools.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

yeah that is where I am at too. I have too many battery platforms now to worry about just having one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Moze
    Dallas, TX

yeah that is where I am at too. I have too many battery platforms now to worry about just having one.

Yeah, gotta spend some extra to get to that point, but it’s nice to have the versatility and ability to add tools from other brands.

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m up to 3 platforms now.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Two wasn’t bad but with my recent Dewalt screwdriver purchase, now I have three. Guess it’s time to say screw it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yeah, gotta spend some extra to get to that point, but it’s nice to have the versatility and ability to add tools from other brands.

I agree. At one time all I had was DeWalt cordless, but they did not cover all the bases. I have like 7 different battery platforms now in order to be able to pick and choose different tools. I can see though where on a job site one battery platform would be useful if not necessary.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

For me, as a DIYer, I prefer the least amount of different brands so I don’t have to maintain a lot of different batteries. I don’t use the tools daily like a lot of you do so there are times where the batteries might sit for a month or more without use. In the past (NiCad and NiMH days) I used to try to charge the batteries every few months. Now with LiIon I don’t but I like to keep them fully charged so I don’t have a 3/4 or 1/2 charged battery when I need to use them. At least now the LiIon batteries have less self discharge so I don’t need to charge them as often and the battery gauges help too.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.725 seconds