dcsimg

How many of you only buy only one brand of cordless tools?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    staker
    Pro

I switched from makita to milwaukee, and now have 1 bosch drill, and all 18 volt, and don’t see any need to go 12 volt

30 years ago I was all Dewalt. Really liked the quality back then. About 9 years ago switched to Makita. Over the last couple of years picked up on the 12 volt with 2 boxes (couple of them). Then picked up the power box. Got a drill so I could have Bosch batteries for the PB. Had a good deal going on Milwaukee 12 volt recip. saw and multi tool. Now I have been seriously thinking of going all Bosch and letting my son use the others. My last new set before I retire and start using his tools on the jobs I want to show up for.

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

I find it a hassle to worry about multiple batteries from different manufacturers. I try to stick to one. That being said, 12V tools advances required that I modify my initial thoughts.

I started with Craftsman NiCad cordless tools many years ago and only purchased their cordless tools. I grew tired of replacing the NiCad batteries and researched alternatives.

I chose Bosch Lithium 18V. Later, I added 12V Lithium Bosch tools to the arsenal. Both 12V and 18V systems have been exceptional.

Bert

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I really wanted to go with all Bosch after joining this forum, as I was ready to pick a platform and stick with it.
    But then I got those smoking deals on those Milwaukee tools and I think I’ll stick with those for cordless.
    I am still building up my Bosch line up though… Currently have the Bulldog, a sawsall, and will be getting the 572 barrel grip jigsaw and gl100 as soon as I can.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

We were 99% Dewalt for a long time for cordless stuff. Then we picked up the 12v Bosch drill and impact. I love those. Eventually I bought another 12v combo kit and so did my partner. Then I added the jigsaw.

Our 18v stuff is still all Dewalt, but it doesn’t get used near as much as it used to.

BTP has definitely swayed my opinion on Bosch, but I haven’t gotten any tools from here yet, just a couple 12v batteries.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Makita 18v is my cordless choice right now. They offer a lot of tools in there lineup. Going to start adding some Bosch into the mix.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

If would like to be one battery platform. But I can’t seem to get it done. It have gotten down to two from three.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I have lots of dewalt 20 v stuff but I want to switch to the brushless bosch stuff

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

At one time I was 100% DeWalt. Problem was DeWalt didn’t have everything i need so slowly but surely other lines have creeped in. Currently I have at least 7 different lines of cordless tools not to mention 12V, 14V, 18V, 20V etc. variations. My garage looks like Dr. Frankenstein’s lab with all the chargers laying around.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

I am with theamcguy I have too many brands of chargers.
    I will be slowly switching to one or two lines to keep things simple. Not sure on that brand yet…..

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Geez… I’m almost embarrassed to say I just have dewalt… 😉

--Steve

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I am with theamcguy I have too many brands of chargers.
    I will be slowly switching to one or two lines to keep things simple. Not sure on that brand yet…..

That is one of the reasons I like to stay with one brand is because of the batteries .I hate having to use different batteries for different tools .

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Geez… I’m almost embarrassed to say I just have dewalt… ;)

i’m not 🙂 i have quite a bit dewalt and will probably run them into the ground before i replace them. if i do replace them i’ll seriously consider bosch 18v – but most of my cordless is dewalt 12v and 18v and i would continue to buy in that line so i get more value out of the batteries.

TimT
    Pro

Bosch is reviewing charging options, just like our latest first to market launch of Wireless Charging in October 2014. There are many charging challenges as the market continues to see higher Ah rated batteries, along with new user demands. Please be assured that Bosch is researching many new options to meet these demands.”

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Bosch is reviewing charging options, just like our latest first to market launch of Wireless Charging in October 2014. There are many charging challenges as the market continues to see higher Ah rated batteries, along with new user demands. Please be assured that Bosch is researching many new options to meet these demands.”

That is great to hear. I think better charging options would simplify everything and help push people toward one line of cordless tools.

@timT that is good to hear. It might be nice if Bosch could come out with a charger that accepted both 12v and 18v batteries, or even one that could charge multiple batteries at once, since a few other companies have recently come out with something like that

John S

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Welcome to BTP! I hope this comes sooner then later. Bosch always seems to be leading the pack with new tech but falls behind sometimes with convenience items and releases. (for ex: dual chargers, bluetooth radio, FULL line up available in NA)

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im running milwaukee m12 for my light duty tools. i have the drill, m12 fuel impact, the omt and a heated hoodie

for 18 v i use makita lxt. right now i have the cordless hammer drill/ driver, impact, 6 1/2 circ saw. 36v circ saw and flashlight. i might add the recip and drywall gun soon

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

At present time everything is Dewalt . Never really like haven different brands cause charges and to make sure right tools are together for a job . It’s the 20v Max line up .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a 18volt Bosch Power Box, 6½” cir. saw and a drill-driver.
    I have a big lineup of Ridgid 12volt from drills, impact to the complete jobmax lineup.
    I have a huge Makita 18volt line up. 3 grinders, 6½ saw , sawsall. multi tool, impact, big drill-hammerdrill, led light, regular light, metal cutting saw, sander, I have 6 or 7 batteries and one charger. There has to be something I’m forgetting.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.916 seconds