dcsimg

How many of you only buy only one brand of cordless tools?

Viewing 17 posts - 221 through 237 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Only one brand.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Only one brand.

I thought you use an FL12?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, and I love it, but I didn’t buy it, as the original question asked. Still on the fence as to whether I would even get more cordless from the rewards. It’s just a lot easier having them all the same system, and now that I have the 6-bay rapid charger, I can just plunk a bunch of them in there when I get home and they’ll all be done and back out in the truck well before I go to bed.

I just watched a BTP video (I didn’t even know they had a You Tube channel) and they had the Bosch with the induction charger, I thought that was pretty neat!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Yes, and I love it, but I didn’t buy it, as the original question asked. Still on the fence as to whether I would even get more cordless from the rewards. It’s just a lot easier having them all the same system, and now that I have the 6-bay rapid charger, I can just plunk a bunch of them in there when I get home and they’ll all be done and back out in the truck well before I go to bed.

Funny guy

How many systems do you use, whether you bought it or not?

I use Bosch 12v and 18v
    my lawn tools are Ego 56v

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Since my boss provides all the powers I need at work, I don’t have many cordless tools of my own. In fact I only have one: 20v Porter Cable impact. But based on reviews I’ve read, this is not the cordless system I want to buy into. Looking forward, I’m considering either Bosch and Makita.

I bought into 18v Dewalt several years ago. Then I received my first Bosch 12v tool kit. Ever since then I’ve gone Bosch. Last year I sold my Dewalt and converted my 18v to Bosch. All future cordless and probably corded too will be Bosch.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

When my 12v Dewalt ni-cad batteries reached end of life I looked at different systems, and went with Bosch because of good reviews and a great package deal I found. Liked them enough to get some 18v, a little before discovering BTP. The rewards have sealed it for me, barring an unavoidable need for something Bosch doesn’t have, I’ll stick with it.
    Two battery types are ok, but wouldn’t want to have more than that.

Doobie

I’ve gone all Bosch now since earlier this year for my cordless tools with the exception of keeping a couple of speciality items on an old Ridgid items that have the lifetime batteries anyways.

Funny thing is, of the eight Bosch drills I have now, they were all bought. Non have been acquired thru redemption.

Since my boss provides all the powers I need at work, I don’t have many cordless tools of my own. In fact I only have one: 20v Porter Cable impact. But based on reviews I’ve read, this is not the cordless system I want to buy into. Looking forward, I’m considering either Bosch and Makita.

Don’t think you could go wrong on either of these brands. Really like my Bosch, but can say that my Makita have been through a lot more and are still going strong

yellaD
    Pro

I’m trying to stick to Bosch, even before I was on this site. I only had a 18v drill and 18v jiggy before, and I only got that jiggy cuz it fit the two batteries I got with the drill.
    But in the end, if I got all Bosch stuff, I’d still need a least two different chargers and batteries, so I might as well buy another brand’s cordless tools if the tool is exceptional (and if it came with a bat/char).

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m starting to transition over to milwaukee 12 and 18V. The only things I have left to switch over are my radio and cordless circular saw (both dewalt 20v).

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’m starting to transition over to milwaukee 12 and 18V. The only things I have left to switch over are my radio and cordless circular saw (both dewalt 20v).

Such a plumber answer…I swear 90% of them plumbers I know use Milwaukee!

I’m using Makita 18v and Bosch 12v currently with no plans to change. I’ve been quite happy with both, but I’m looking forward to upgrading my current tools to brushless as they are available.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I’m using Makita 18v and Bosch 12v currently with no plans to change. I’ve been quite happy with both, but I’m looking forward to upgrading my current tools to brushless as they are available.

hard for plumbers not to use Milwaukee as they are the one making all the specialty tools for them.

At home i run ryobi and bosch though I am trying to upgrade all the ryobi.

On the job we have a little of everything running. Ideally i think we would prefer most of them to be Hilti, though the cost keeps that from being feasible. 18v Impacts we run dewalt, makita, hilti, bosch. 18v Drywall guns we use hilti, makita. 18v rotary hammers we run makita. 18v metal saws we have my bosch a new Hilti and Milwaukee. Radios is a mix of what each guy likes

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I sold all my personal Makita 18V in favour of Bosch 18V and 12V. We still have makita 18V on the farm though. Both have proven to be great tools. I don’t like having two battery systems (well three) but until the makita batteries give out we will keep them around.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Haha I’d have to agree with you there. Most people I know in the industry are running milwaukee or dewalt. It’s pretty rare to see makita or bosch lately.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I will only buy Bosch cordless tools. After buying my first Bosch 12v drill, I won’t touch any other brand.
    I had the opportunity to use different brands when I worked at Home Depot – Milwaukee, DeWalt, B&D, etc – but none of them gave the performance quality that Bosch gives. They don’t even come close, in my opinion.

Pat

Viewing 17 posts - 221 through 237 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.952 seconds