dcsimg

How many of you only buy only one brand of cordless tools?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 237 total)
  • Author

Just wondering how many of you only buy only one brand of cordless tools?

Last year I decided to go to Milwaukee’s M12 and M18 tools since I can use one charger for both.

I was previously a Makita user but sold off all my LXT stuff except my blower and a LED since there was no Milwaukee alternatives for those.

Milwaukee now has a M18 blower and some awesome LED lights.

Anyone else only dedicated to one brand or am I the only one?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I was only makita LXT until less then a month ago but have since switched to bosch 12V and 18V. Sold the makita.

I hate having more then one battery system. Even the 12V + 18V drives my OCD over the edge but I am really liking some of the smaller 12V tools but still want the bigger power of the impact and hammer drill of the 18V.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I have several cordless brands. Makita – drill, impact, blower

Bosch – drill, impact, circular
    saw, jigsaw, hammer drill

Ridgid – drill, impact, circular saw, reciprocating saw, flashlight, radio

M12 – drill (2), impact, right angle drill, reciprocating saw, flashlight, radio.

Edit:

The makita set up mostly stayed in the shop but after I bought the blower they stay in the trailer.

The Ridgid set was what I had before BTP, now they are a back up set. They may become the set that
    stays in the shop.
    I have been thinking about selling the M12 set and switching to the Bosch but I am waiting until after the first of the year in hopes that Bosch releases more 12v NAINA items.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

I have become completely committed to Bosch since BTP – I used to own a Hilti 18v drill and impact but sold them to a friend. It is a tricky thing to balance multiple cordless lines with all of the batteries and chargers, but it sounds like plenty of guys here do it regardless.

Conceptually, this reminds me a little bit of this thread: http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/multiples-of-the-same-tool/ which deserves a little bit of a revival as well

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I only have Dewalt and Bosch , when the Dewalt die that is it for them . I am much happier with the Bosch

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

For the cordless I think it would only make sense to invest in what you already have to expand its value.

A Working Pro since 2004

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I wish bosch would hurry up and bring out a charger for their 12V and 18V line that charges simultaneously with a usb plug on it.

@bethepro seen any of this kicking around Bosch R&D?? Need a tester?

Brad T

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’m exclusively Makita 18v at this point. I have however ordered an impact and drill set in the a bosch 12v line. It hasn’t arrived yet, and I’m anticipating a certain amount of annoyance with the two battery systems already.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Awesome responses. I really wanted to stick with Makita but they were slacking on the new releases. Milwaukee has been pretty aggressive with their releases and I’m happy with them.

Since BTP, I’m probably going to start investing in corded Bosch tools and maybe one day I’ll get some of their cordless.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I was pretty much Makita for 18 V and Bosch for 12V until I started on this site, now I have added Bosch 18 V stuff also.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I’m 100% Milwaukee on cordless. It’s bad enough having 18v and 28v, can’t imagine having any more different stuff to deal with.

I’m kind of going the other way anyway. Batteries are so dang expensive. I’m focusing more on corded stuff these days.

I have a 28v Sawzall, Hammer Drill, and Circ saw, and an 18v drill motor, and that pretty much covers me.

I hate dragging cords into crawl spaces and attics, so cordless is the way to go for remodel plumbing and electrical and such, but if I can setup and plug in, I’d much rather do that.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

I’m 100% Milwaukee on cordless. It’s bad enough having 18v and 28v, can’t imagine having any more different stuff to deal with.

I’m kind of going the other way anyway. Batteries are so dang expensive. I’m focusing more on corded stuff these days.

I have a 28v Sawzall, Hammer Drill, and Circ saw, and an 18v drill motor, and that pretty much covers me.

I hate dragging cords into crawl spaces and attics, so cordless is the way to go for remodel plumbing and electrical and such, but if I can setup and plug in, I’d much rather do that.

Delta

Almost got a set of older V28 tools cheap but wasn’t fast enough. While looking it up and finding out the V28 tools work with the newer M28 batteries and was just ready to respond to the seller but the ad was gone. Now I know but it seems like everyone else knows too.

Milwaukee – both the 12v line and some 18v was where I was at until I became a member of BTP. I now have a number of Bosch 12v and 18v. I am very pleased with each brand and have been pretty successful in avoiding duplication. It helps per say that I have a house and cabin. Each one has its own basic set of tools. I have a couple of cordless 18v DeWalt vacuums that I use also. I will not be venturing into any other line of cordless tools. Between Milwaukee and Bosch, I will have it covered.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

I have had Makita and Hitachi drills and a Mastercraft impact.

Now it is all 12 and 18v Bosch.
    Less chargers, less hassle and the L-boxx is the deal sealer.

Wow, a lot of you have made the conversion to Bosch. What made you decide to switch? Free tools?

I’m saving my points for stuff but don’t know if I can accumulate enough points to upgrade all my tools.

redwood
    Pro

I’m committed mostly to 18v Makita, but Bosch has made some pretty major inroads, both rewards and purchases. If they had more variety, I would possibly switch over, but they are way behind in diverse offerings. Until that changes, they can’t be my major player.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Wow, a lot of you have made the conversion to Bosch. What made you decide to switch? Free tools?

I’m saving my points for stuff but don’t know if I can accumulate enough points to upgrade all my tools.

I actually bought the 12V set first to get the two L-boxxes. It was a great deal. Wanted to get rid of the tools and ended up using them. I think there is a thread on here where I state that I didn’t like them. They grew on me. Then I got the LED lid for the L-boxx and needed some 18V batteries and the impact ready driver with 4.0ah bats was the best deal from BTP. It was down hill from there. Some on BTP and lots bought. More on their way.

Brad T

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Almost got a set of older V28 tools cheap but wasn’t fast enough. While looking it up and finding out the V28 tools work with the newer M28 batteries and was just ready to respond to the seller but the ad was gone. Now I know but it seems like everyone else knows too.

Yep. They don’t make v28 batteries anymore, so when it’s time to replace one, m28 is it. But at 125 dollars a piece, 😮 it pays for a lot of corded tools.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have a little bit of everything on my van.

Milaukee 18v Hammer drill and impact driver

Dewalt 20v Hammer drill and impact driver

Dewalt 18v combo kit that has a two drills, recip. saw, circ. saw

Bosch 12v drill and impact driver.

I also had an 18v Makita combo kit same tools as the dewalt. That I gave to my dad.

I think that BTP is already pushing me towards Bosch. A lot of the cordless tools are on my wish list, mainly ones that I do not currently have such as the oscillating tool, jigsaw, and rotary demo hammer.

Im split with Makita 18v and Milwaukee 12v i wouldn’t get another 18v or 12v set. and i picked those two sets because at the time and i think still now they have the most extensive lineups in their respective voltages. The Milwaukee 18v is getting close i think now.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.851 seconds