dcsimg

How long do they last?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I am over two years with a pair of boots for the first time. Typically the soles crack and the stitching comes apart at around a year of age. I have been pretty happy with these timberland pros.

Just wondering how well boots last for you all

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m almost on 3 years with a pair of Red Wing boots. I had them re-soled after about two years. I’ll probably buy another pair before the end of the winter.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I get about a year out of my Sears die hards. I have been wearing the same style boots for 25 years. I generally will buy 2 or 3 pairs at a time, and have a few broken in and in different stages of wear.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

up until i started wearing keens. i was averaging 4 or 5 months.. though they were still physically intact.. the support and cushioning was toast which puts a ton of strain on my knees and back.. since i switched to keens im averaging 11 monhts out of them

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

If you buy good boots, you can get good wear out of them. I have some Redwings that are about 3 years old, I do not wear them every day but theywill last another year or two. I cover the toes with Aqua Seal, it is a patch for Waders that makes them last a lot longer and not wear through. My latest boots are Keens that have a great toe cap designed in the boot.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I have two pairs of Keens that I’m currently wearing. Both are between 3-6 months old and in nearly new condition. The soles aren’t quite as comfortable as they originally were in the older pair. I’ll probably start looking for replacement insoles soon.

Prior to the Keens, I’ve made short work of Wolverines and a bunch of Asics running shoes.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

My Globes are about 2 years. Best work shoes ever. Don’t need no stinkn boots! Lol

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I have two pairs of Keens that I’m currently wearing. Both are between 3-6 months old and in nearly new condition. The soles aren’t quite as comfortable as they originally were in the older pair. I’ll probably start looking for replacement insoles soon.

Prior to the Keens, I’ve made short work of Wolverines and a bunch of Asics running shoes.

I thought the Keen insoles wore out fast. I did replace the original ones with super feet insoles. They are much better than the Keen ones.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

My Globes are about 2 years. Best work shoes ever. Don’t need no stinkn boots! Lol

Looks to me like you have gotten the good out of those.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Looks to me like you have gotten the good out of those.

Lol….no way! They got some more life in them. They could use some new soul inserts but other than that, they are comfortable and hold together well.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

My boots last for quite a while but i have to replace the soles and inner sole portion as well. Its just the leathers that get reused.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My Globes are about 2 years. Best work shoes ever. Don’t need no stinkn boots!

Man 2 years for a pair of work shoes is pretty good.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

My Carolina boots usually last about a year and a hslf to 2 years. The boot itself is usually still in good shape but the inner padding, lining, and sole is shot by then.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I’m a killer on shoes/boots. I get a year max but I have learned a few things over the years.

replace the inner soles every three-six months. Makes a BIG difference on comfort.

If you find a pair of boots/shoe you like buy a second pair (and maybe a third) and wear them in rotation. Wearing two pairs will last longer then wearing one pair until the are shot. It also gives the boots time to dry out, air out etc.

Plasti-dip on the toes and some sort of sealant are a must in the north. Keeps the water out!

Some soles are replaceable for less then the cost of new boots. Find a cobbler and see what they can do!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I really think it depends on what you do on the job site.

I have a pair that I wear just for walking around in a warehouse so I don’t completely loose to a forklift. They are going on 7+ years but I need a new pair as the insoles are wearing and they are feeling a little tight.

At home working in the garage and around the house, I have gone through a about a pair every 2 years.

Thinking about a couple pair of Keens for both work and home.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

what , i could not see any shoes , the steam coming from the smell lol, just kidding,

i am hard on shoes or boots , pretty much done with in a year, if the smell doesn’t do it the shoes start to fall apart.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I get 3 or more years, but I get them re-soled about 3 times as well.

I also have numerous pairs, for different applications.

I wear Redwing 8″ steel toe for everyday wear. But I get toe caps put on, and I buy aftermarket insoles, tongue protector and laces for them. About 300 dollars a pair, with all the accessories.

I also have a pair of White Pac boots, and a pair of Schnee’s western-style Pac boots, for rainy weather.

And then I have a dedicated pair of Timberland Pro boots just for painting and drywall.

I”m really into construction gear, in case you can’t tell.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My Globes are about 2 years. Best work shoes ever. Don’t need no stinkn boots!

Man 2 years for a pair of work shoes is pretty good.

I don’t think those are work shoes?? SkateBoarding shoes do rock for grip and work in general.

my red wings are on 4+ years and we’re re-soled after 2. my keens are 3-4 months old and still like new other than being dirty as hell

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I wear Redwing 8″ steel toe for everyday wear. But I get toe caps put on, and I buy aftermarket insoles, tongue protector and laces for them. About 300 dollars a pair, with all the accessories

I follow pretty much the same routine. Do you oil the red wings? I think on my next pair I’m going to start regularly oiling to keep them a bit softer and hopefully keep the leather in better condition. Here’s a pic of the ones I’m wearing now, they look pretty thrashed but they’re still as comfortable as the day I bought them. Still very waterproof too, I’ve never had issues with them leaking.

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.625 seconds