dcsimg

How is the weather where you are ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

This is what we woke up to this morning May 13, 2013
    It is supposed to be around zero for the next few days 🙁

woodman_412

That sucks John! I thought everyone was out of the woods for snow this year. It was beautiful here today, 18 degrees and sunny. I got the lawn mowed and went for a bike ride tonight. I guess you are a little further north than we are but I didn’t figure you’d still be getting snow.

Dan

danpattison.com

We had some of that nonsense here in Minnesota last week… but it is a nice 65 today and should be 80 tomorrow… I am afraid we might be skipping spring totally here 🙁

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro

I already cut my grass twice and I had all my house plants put out .
    I have seen lots of farmers with their gardens started .I wonder how they made out .

woodman_412

The farms have all been getting going around here too, when the wind blows the right way you can sure smell the manure! Doesn’t make for nice days to have the windows open.

Dan

danpattison.com

I can’t imagine the effects this late of a snow is going to have on crops… It snowed heavy in the midwest part of USA a week ago as well – I am curious how much that will effect prices months from now

John S

redwood
    Pro

We are at a nice 75 deg. @ 4:30 PM.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

cranbrook2
    Pro

Dan funny you mentioned manure .This is my first spring driving my Camaro convertible and that is all I smell every time I go anywhere is poop. It sure cleans your nose out fast 🙂

Last year a lot of crops got destroyed because of warm weather and then a bad storm .It drove prices up like crazy .I hope it doesn,t happen again this year .

woodman_412

lol I know how you feel John. The route that I bike on goes past a field of cows and it’s a pretty smelly part of the ride. But like you said you have nice clear sinuses afterwards 🙂

We were in the same boat on the island last year too, the summer was so dry that a lot of the crops didn’t make it. It would be nice if we had a wetter summer this year.

Dan

danpattison.com

redwood
    Pro

They are saying that we are drying up here. I’ve been up on my little mountain retreat for 20+ years now and this was the first winter that I can remember that we did not have any snow stick to the ground.

No manure smell up here.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Well, sucks to be you lol. It’s been really nice here. Typical May weather. A little chilly in the morning, but beautiful days. The black flies are just starting to come out. The hike my son and I took yesterday, they were ferocious on top of the mountain. Worst I have ever seen. Big ones too.

cranbrook2
    Pro

We had a lot of flooding this year so there is no shortage of water in our area . A lot of times the farmers can,t plant anything until the fields dry up a bit .I have also heard the great lakes are still lower than usual so who knows .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some parts of the country are flooding, This is another drought year for me, The reservoirs are already low for this time of year, They told the farmers to go easy on the water cuz when it’s gone it’s gone. The local lake here is huge and they say it’ll be too low by the end of June for any boating.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

its getting better here, ive made the switch to shorts for working in daily. mornings are cool so i have sweathirt on first thing. yesterday was cool and damp though even more so with the heavy winds in the evening.. todays better though.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Rain, rain, rain. Sure puts a damper on getting 8utside work done.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

We are 80 today and waiting on the severe storms. Be here about 8 they say. We were cold cold cold way into the spring then we had a couple of nice spring days and now it feels like summer is here.

Perfect BBQ weather

cranbrook2
    Pro

We have had a perfect weekend , no rain and the temp is perfect .Not too hot not too cold .

Its going to be in the high 80’s here in Michigan today. Last year and this year we pretty much skipped spring. I waited until the normal time of the year (Mid-May) last year, and could have planted in early April. I planted my garden in late April this year and am not regretting it at all. Only trouble is rain is sporadic, so I have to water the garden more.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Last week we had snow, now its nice. Typical spring weather in the northeast

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.423 seconds