dcsimg

How do you use your phone?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

All I do is talk and text.. It’s a simple life.

I can now send pics… it’s getting complicated.

Welcome to the 21st Century Dirty!

Yea I sent @overanalyze a pic of a unique thing one morning but he never posted it. I can’t get it off the phone…

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

susanne
    Pro

I mostly use my phone for calls,texting and checking mails.These are first priorities.Next priorities are listening music,social media chatting.Reading books,watching movies and of course clicking wonderful pictures!!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

susanne

@susanne welcome to the post. Lots of good people here and even some good info too.
    We have this thread here if you like to intro yourself.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourself-v2/page/20/
    I like to keep em wondering for a while myself…….
    Aloha, DWB

Dirty

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

welcome @susanne do you use drop box or some sort of cloud storage to save your photos? I find that it makes it easier that I don’t have to manually transfer my photos over now. As soon as I get to the laptop the photos are ready to be posted here on btp.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

No cloud for me unless I intend to share the photo, I’d like to keep my photos on my computer.

If I want to post a photo I just resize it and either attach or upload to photobucket on my phone. File size is not nearly as efficient as doing it with photoshop, but much quicker than wait till I get to my desktop.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

No cloud for me unless I intend to share the photo, I’d like to keep my photos on my computer.

If I want to post a photo I just resize it and either attach or upload to photobucket on my phone. File size is not nearly as efficient as doing it with photoshop, but much quicker than wait till I get to my desktop.

I like the cloud for my photos just incase my phone ever gets stolen or broken or
    http://kdvr.com/2014/11/24/denver-police-accused-of-excessive-force-illegal-search/

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

My whole screen is cracked right up but the Moto is working fine. The Moto phones really take a beating.

A Working Pro since 2004

I use my phone for everything I can. In addition to using it for music, email, and even talking, I use my phone for time sheet tracking, invoice making, estimates, research, showing customers options that are available, tracking purchases, taking payments, construction calculator, conduit fill calculator, reference material, scanning documents, budgeting, mileage tracking, taking notes, setting appointments, checking the weather, driving directions, and even for panel box layouts.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I recently started scanning biz cards to save contact info again. I had tried a while back but it was pretty clunky. The Scannable app hooked up to Evernote puts them right in my contacts and I can save a copy of the card. That was pretty useful to me as I can now just send the card image over to someone when I want to pass their info. Pretty sure there’s a way to do this in a vCard format but I don’t know how to do it and I think most people would be confused by getting a vCard file.

It looks like I’m going to finally have to install FB on my work phone as well because I’ve been pushing some advertising on there and checking it once a day seems risky. That’s a long time for a question or comment to sit on social media. Not looking forward to regular FB updates.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I like the cloud for my photos just incase my phone ever gets stolen or broken or
    http://kdvr.com/2014/11/24/denver-police-accused-of-excessive-force-illegal-search/

All ya gotta do is lock your phone and then they have to get a court order to unlock it and look at anything on it. I can lock my phone fairly quick.
    I don’t like anything up in the cloud. Once up on the net always on the net.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

All ya gotta do is lock your phone and then they have to get a court order to unlock it and look at anything on it. I can lock my phone fairly quick.

Yup, but doesn’t that go for all things on the net and even including email, text, and social forums?

KenW
    Pro

I don’t know if it makes a difference or not, but my new phone has a security setting to encrypt the phone and/or the SD card.

yellaD
    Pro

I’ve only started to like the Cloud feature. For some reason it feels like it doesn’t belong to me anymore once it’s uploaded to a server.
    As for my phone, I have a Samsung 4s but would like a Galaxy Note for the stylus.
    I use my phone for everything except talking it seems like! 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I really don’t know how to use the phone but for sending pics , texting and talking. Oh I have learned to check the date.

Dirty

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ve only started to like the Cloud feature. For some reason it feels like it doesn’t belong to me anymore once it’s uploaded to a server.
    As for my phone, I have a Samsung 4s but would like a Galaxy Note for the stylus.
    I use my phone for everything except talking it seems like! :)

The new Note 5 is suppose to be a pretty slick phone. It came out like a month after the wife picked up our S6’s. I really like the S6, but the stylus would have been a nice little addition.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I finally had to upgrade to another phone last week, Ever since my contract was up last June and with the forced update coincidentally at the same time my S4 has been horrible. I swear they do something to make it go bad

Anyway I was going to go for the S6 but I didn’t like the non-replaceable battery, I bought an after market triple rated ah battery for the S4 and it’s been great. So I decided on the S5, Much to my surprise when I got it the charging port is different. Gawd!! And of course the battery is too, So I ordered up a few chargers and an 8500ah battery (it comes with a 2800ah) and with a cool looking case along with a couple screen protectors, Ama says it’ll all be here tomorrow. So that’s when I’ll activate it and get everything moved over to it, I don’t do the cloud. I’ll just take them both over to the Verizon store and they can swap all the stuff

I see it has a finger print unlock feature, And a heart rate monitor. Not sure what else but I like the finger print thing

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I got the finger print thing too. It’s nice, but can be a pain if you got some grub on your hands. I wish that the S6 had a replacable battery as well, but I guess they have to make money some how. The battery life isn’t bad though. It will last me a whole day on normal power, if I switch it to ultra power savings, it will last a whole lot longer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I got the finger print thing too. It’s nice, but can be a pain if you got some grub on your hands. I wish that the S6 had a replacable battery as well, but I guess they have to make money some how. The battery life isn’t bad though. It will last me a whole day on normal power, if I switch it to ultra power savings, it will last a whole lot longer.

My S4 wouldn’t last a whole day on the regular battery when I’m out golfing and sometimes in the boat where reception isn’t very good, But I have the golf gps app going and playing music from it too out on the course. The triple size battery would handle it and make it a few more days after that, I’ve went like 4-5 days with it under normal use. I don’t like using any power saving modes either, I like the screen to be bright……. I’m kinda excited to use the finger print security thing,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Mine last all day the battery,, but I don’t know how to use it.

Dirty

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m still with the same cracked screen phone from months ago. I lose a piece every second week now though. Still fully functional. This Moto E has really taken a beating. Perfect for me.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.798 seconds