dcsimg

How do you use your phone?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Does that also charge a percent for transactions?

PayPal charges 2.7% per transaction, I pass this on to my customers. I tell them upfront that if they want to use a credit or debit card there is an additional 2.7% fee. I have never had anybody balk at the fee – last month a little more than half my business revenue was processed with the paypal card reader.

Paypal gives you the card reader for free – it just plugs into the headphone jack on a smartphone. https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader?mpch=ads&mplx=3484-158110-2056-0

Ever look into square? I wonder how the percentage rates differ.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Still doing the caveman with my Snake game enabled phone :S

Gone through over 30 devices in about 4 years. Was taking a break with an oldie :D
    Combined with the girlfriends phones and tablets

Wow. How?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Does that also charge a percent for transactions?

PayPal charges 2.7% per transaction, I pass this on to my customers. I tell them upfront that if they want to use a credit or debit card there is an additional 2.7% fee. I have never had anybody balk at the fee – last month a little more than half my business revenue was processed with the paypal card reader.

Paypal gives you the card reader for free – it just plugs into the headphone jack on a smartphone. https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader?mpch=ads&mplx=3484-158110-2056-0

Ever look into square? I wonder how the percentage rates differ.

I am using square, it charges 2.75% Was actually looking at QB’s last night and they want 2.89% for normal cards and of course more for AMEX.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I still use my phone mostly just for communication. Now I’ll also use it for pictures, But not really much else.

Since getting my first smartphone almost two years ago I quit carrying my real camera, This thing will do just as good and it’s always with me….I was the last one I know to get into a smartphone, I just didn’t want the extra expense every month. But after getting a taste of what they can do and see what I was missing I’ll never be without one again

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have been thinking about getting some kind of square reader. I had a wireless terminal through wells fargo merchant services but it got stolen and they won’t replace it. I am still under contract with them so I can’t “cancel” my service but I can quit using it.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have been thinking about getting some kind of square reader. I had a wireless terminal through wells fargo merchant services but it got stolen and they won’t replace it. I am still under contract with them so I can’t “cancel” my service but I can quit using it.

You can either get one from the site for free when you setup an account, or you can buy them at most office places. I have seen them at Office Max before. The Blowes down by my house also has some card readers from another company that they sell. Don’t remember how much they are though. I think the charges for them is 1/2% cheaper than Square.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Every phone I’ve had before has a one-button voice note taker built in. This phone apparently doesn’t and I haven’t come across a free app I like. Suggestions for an Android app, anyone?

Thanks for the ideas.
    I ended up with Smart Voice Recorder – a freebie.
    Start it, push record. Did a few conferences a couple weeks ago with it just sitting on table 3 rows back. Worked great.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Won’t give you a new one? How dumb are they. If you don’t have it you won’t use it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I talk on it… LOL

I use it for phone calls and sometimes texting.

OMG!! I have resently moved up to sending a pic that took with my phone…..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I take a lot of work related pics with mine. They are saved to my I-Pad for future clients to view.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I talk on it… LOL

I use it for phone calls and sometimes texting.

OMG!! I have resently moved up to sending a pic that took with my phone…..

Wow big step…. Lol

woodman_412

One of my favorite things about my Samsung S5 is how good the camera is. It’s 16 MP and takes really good pictures. Handles low light well, has selectable focus points, spot metering and a lot of other great features. I find that it’s great to always have a good camera with me both for work and for personal stuff. I can take decent photos of projects with it before I leave if I won’t be able to get back with my digital SLR gear. Also there are so many great pictures of the girls that I have that I wouldn’t have been able to get otherwise.

Dan

danpattison.com

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yah for me it is about the camera and the ease of obtaining information. If I need to know a certain spec, I can always google it. I don’t know what I did before cell phones or data.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

The Windows phone I have now really has a lack of apps and app developers.

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I think the Window’s phone was another flop like the Zune was.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

yah for me it is about the camera and the ease of obtaining information. If I need to know a certain spec, I can always google it. I don’t know what I did before cell phones or data.

I still remember the days before smart phones and computers when you had to actually know things, and keep track of your people.

One of my favorite things about my Samsung S5 is how good the camera is. It’s 16 MP and takes really good pictures. Handles low light well, has selectable focus points, spot metering and a lot of other great features. I find that it’s great to always have a good camera with me both for work and for personal stuff. I can take decent photos of projects with it before I leave if I won’t be able to get back with my digital SLR gear. Also there are so many great pictures of the girls that I have that I wouldn’t have been able to get otherwise.

I’ve read somewhere that the cell phone cameras are so good now that they are cutting into the point and shoot camera sales significantly. Kinda agree since I don’t carry or use my smaller cameras anymore. We always use a larger one with a lot of zoom for sports and my son’s school events.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I was in best buy yesterday and I came really close to buying a cell phone , I just don’t know enough about them to decide which one to get .

I was in best buy yesterday and I came really close to buying a cell phone , I just don’t know enough about them to decide which one to get .

For ease of use a lot of people get Apple phones. If you are a techie and like to fool around with computer stuff a lot get Android.

Do you have an idea on what you want to use the phone for? We got my 70 year old mother in law a iphone and for a non techie she love it. We taught her how to text, take pics, use the calculator but the thing she loves the most is being able to play Candy Crush. Granted she doesn’t make full use of the Iphone but she’s happy.

Another good thing about Apple is they have classes at the Apple Stores. I’ve never gone but I hear they are really good.

Jummul
    Pro

I think the Window’s phone was another flop like the Zune was.

Is it? Windows Phone is pretty booming! It is the third largest mobile OS and is the fastest growing one. People compare it to the perfect mix of Apple and Android.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.717 seconds