dcsimg

How do you use your phone?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It’s funny, but the LTE is hit and miss here. I pull wifi in the house, but if I turn that off, getting LTE or not depends on the room of the house.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

that happens with us as well. The office gets LTE in that room so the Iphone gets plugged into the computer and then the internet is fed to a time capsule/router via an ethernet cable and then the TC does the wifi for the whole house.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

I use Evernote a lot for taking notes. Anyone else use this?

Hate talking on the phone. Use my Iphone for everything else. Entertainment, games, calculator, camera, watch, etc.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I mostly use the standard notepad app that came with the phone

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I use my iPhone for just about everything while I’m on the go.

staker
    Pro

Basicly use the phone, pictures, calculator, and the flashlight.

DanSB
    Pro
    Buffalo, NY

I use Evernote a lot for taking notes. Anyone else use this?

Hate talking on the phone. Use my Iphone for everything else. Entertainment, games, calculator, camera, watch, etc.

Do you find that you really benefit from Evernote over something like the basic notes app? Do you use other devices such as the iPad in conjunction? I just downloaded Evernote a few days ago and want to put it to good use. Tried it once before and I think I said screw it too quickly.

I also use the camera, LED flashlight, and calc constantly like many of you. I have us set up with Google Apps for business at work, so my email and calendar app get a lot of use as well. Dropbox for sure as @overanalyze had mentioned.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Since I got my tablet, I find that I use it more than my phone on the job site, etc. I just tether it to my phone for internet access and it works great. Haven’t ever gotten close to going over my 4gb plan.

Do you find that you really benefit from Evernote over something like the basic notes app? Do you use other devices such as the iPad in conjunction? I just downloaded Evernote a few days ago and want to put it to good use. Tried it once before and I think I said screw it too quickly.

I also use the camera, LED flashlight, and calc constantly like many of you. I have us set up with Google Apps for business at work, so my email and calendar app get a lot of use as well. Dropbox for sure as @overanalyze had mentioned.

@DanSB I like Evernote because I can use it on any device connected to the internet. Because it saves to the net it’s always updated. Don’t use it to it’s full potential and I only use the free version but it’s much better than the iPhone’s note app. The best note app I ever used was on my first smartphone, a Palm Centro. Nothing has come close since.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

I’ve been heavily into computers for decades but have only a year or so on a smart phone. I’m still learning ‘basic’ features.
    Tool shopping is great – even after I do my homework and know what I want, when I see what the store has I can look up reviews and even download the manual. Is the ‘Sale!’ really a sale? Look it up, make an offer.
    I love the voice feature for texting and browsing, and rarely use the keypad.
    Every phone I’ve had before has a one-button voice note taker built in. This phone apparently doesn’t and I haven’t come across a free app I like. Suggestions for an Android app, anyone?
    I hate the frequent updates on pre-installed apps that I never will use yet cannot be removed. I’ve had months that automatic social networking updates accounted for most of my data use – and I’ve never used one. Even the provider can’t help.
    The photos are great – as long as my wife takes them :). My phone pix are usually blurry, so I use a regular camera.
    I’m learning.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Every phone I’ve had before has a one-button voice note taker built in. This phone apparently doesn’t and I haven’t come across a free app I like. Suggestions for an Android app, anyone?

I think Evernote now has an audio note feature.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I think Evernote now has an audio note feature.

It does, what I like about Evernote is the check box lists that you can make. They are my favorite.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t know what ‘note’ app I have but it’ll do voice, It came preloaded. The problem is; I’ve used it a few times for shopping or putting together a material list for a project but I forget I have it, In fact just seeing this thread reminded me that I have stuff on it LOL. Hmmmm, I better go see what I was thinking 🙂

EDIT; Ok I checked and it’s called ‘S memo’, It will indeed voice to text or voice to voice record/playback too. I see I needed some pallets and plywood LOL

I don’t know what ‘note’ app I have but it’ll do voice, It came preloaded. The problem is; I’ve used it a few times for shopping or putting together a material list for a project but I forget I have it, In fact just seeing this thread reminded me that I have stuff on it LOL. Hmmmm, I better go see what I was thinking :)

EDIT; Ok I checked and it’s called ‘S memo’, It will indeed voice to text or voice to voice record/playback too. I see I needed some pallets and plywood LOL

Never got the hang of talking to my phone to take notes. I don’t even know how to use Siri. Thinking about it, I hardly talk on the phone, too. Use my phone more as a entertainment device more than a phone.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I still use my phone mostly just for communication. Now I’ll also use it for pictures, But not really much else.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Still doing the caveman with my Snake game enabled phone :S

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

Poor or no cell coverage a lot around here, but when I can get one, it’s great to look up specs or availability on stuff. Get my email during the day on it, stay in contact with the wife through email at her work. Check the weather, news.

A lot of times I’ll have to park outside the library, to get their wifi signal. GPS doesn’t require cell signal, which helps. I do a lot of bushwhack hiking, so have a nice GPS app for that.

Have a few apps for my trade, for conduit fill and odd bends and whatnot. Use a voice recorder app to take most of my notes, stock list.

Yes I use my phone to take pictures , and send emails, banking all sorts of tasks, its a blackberry. I am happy with the functions I can perform, and it has crystal clear phone conversations .

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Wow

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Gone through over 30 devices in about 4 years. Was taking a break with an oldie 😀
    Combined with the girlfriends phones and tablets

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.558 seconds