dcsimg

How About a Thread for Items OAINA

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I forgot to mention about your other comment about Germany being a “very small spot in Europe”.

So you can fit 3 of them or 6 of them in Texas??

I suspect Kaizen foam just isn’t as popular on this side of the Atlantic Ocean.

It can be gotten from Japan and China.

MikeK
    Pro
    Darmstadt, Germany, APO

Not quite. Texas has an area of about 267,000 square miles and Germany has an area of about 138,000 square miles, so one could squeeze just under two Germanys into Texas. Over a dozen Hawaiis would fit into Germany.

I do not doubt that. I’m sure I can also buy it from the manufacturer if I meet the minimum piece order. However, I don’t expect to have that many L-Boxx cases to accommodate.

I forgot to mention about your other comment about Germany being a “very small spot in Europe”.

I suspect Kaizen foam just isn’t as popular on this side of the Atlantic Ocean.

You can fit Texas twice into the province of Quebec and have 58,229 square miles left over.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

As far as I know the reaxx is only available in NA. I haven’t seen it in UK and Germany.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

As far as I know the reaxx is only available in NA. I haven’t seen it in UK and Germany.

Interesting that the REAXX is only available here. Wonder why?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

From my understanding, their safety focus is more on kickback, and there is less of a macho culture, so less of a tendency to remove the blade guards. If the blade guard is on, there isnt a huge chance of touching the blade.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Most houses in Germany are not build out of wood like here in the states. So there is no contractor saw needed on the job. Just an example tho. I know there is more useage for a saw like that.
    And if someone chooses a house like that. It’s cheaper to go thru a company and they build/prefab the house at their warehouse/fabrication and they install it within a day at the location like a puzzle.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No our local WoodCraft store has the Reaxx saw too.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

there is no contractor saw needed on the job.

Interesting the different needs for construction worldwide. Pretty big step developing the REAXX then just basically for the NA market.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MikeK
    Pro
    Darmstadt, Germany, APO

Most houses in Germany are not build out of wood like here in the states. So there is no contractor saw needed on the job. Just an example tho. I know there is more useage for a saw like that.
    And if someone chooses a house like that. It’s cheaper to go thru a company and they build/prefab the house at their warehouse/fabrication and they install it within a day at the location like a puzzle.

Correct! I’ve been involved in several construction projects here in the past 20 years. Aside from door trim, the only wood normally used in residential construction is for roof trusses or wood used for the construction, such as shoring up form work. Even the door trim is cut to fit by the door manufacturer, so if minor work is needed, it is done with a hand saw.

Roof trusses in Germany are always made off site and delivered when the contractor is ready for them. If the construction site doesn’t already have a tower crane (most do), the manufacturer’s delivery truck has a built-in crane and hoists them in place as the contractor bolts or screws them in.

MikeK
    Pro
    Darmstadt, Germany, APO

What is up with this discussion board software? I made a post in this thread, saw a mistake and edited it, and now the post is gone. This is the forth or fifth time where an edit causes the post to vanish, yet the profile history still shows the post being made.

MikeK
    Pro
    Darmstadt, Germany, APO

The Kaizen inserts I ordered from Brian arrived and they are great! I’m still waiting on him to mail the stock cut-down sheets, but the custom inserts for the boxes fit perfectly.

MikeK
    Pro
    Darmstadt, Germany, APO

Belated update. Brian now offers partial sheets of each of the three thicknesses:

http://kaizeninserts.com/t/cut-to-size

These can be sent through the USPS with no problem. I ordered six each of the 16×24 inch sheets in 20mm, 30mm, and 57mm. Brian split the order in two boxes.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Belated update. Brian now offers partial sheets of each of the three thicknesses:

http://kaizeninserts.com/t/cut-to-size

These can be sent through the USPS with no problem. I ordered six each of the 16×24 inch sheets in 20mm, 30mm, and 57mm. Brian split the order in two boxes.

That’s the way to go when you want to satisfy folks all over the globe.

What are you doing with those sheets? @MikeK

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.329 seconds