dcsimg

House renovation and best window treatment

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    samcrd
    Pro

Hi Guys,

I’m renovating my old house. I’m confused about selecting a suitable window treatment for our bedroom. My wife want’s to install window blinds, and I want to install curtains having classic patterns. I think I should agree with my wife’s opinion. Do window blinds block lights better than curtains?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

blinds will block light better than curtains. You can actually get “Room Darkening” blinds that do an even better job.

When it comes down to decisions like this in our house, I go by the “happy wife, happy life” philosophy.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

We have had heavy curtains that do a great job of blocking light. Blinds can “leak” around the edge.

How about both? A blind with decorative side panel curtains on each side?
    Although in my experience, even when my wife is wrong, she’s right…lol. I have found it’s best not to correct her…lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

blinds will block light better than curtains. You can actually get “Room Darkening” blinds that do an even better job.

When it comes down to decisions like this in our house, I go by the “happy wife, happy life” philosophy.

Haha yeah I’m in the same mindset Kurt lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

We had these blinds at our house. Pretty worked pretty good. They also helped keep the heat out in the summer time.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

It depends. If you want your room the be in complete darkness, I would go for something that would block out all of the light. If not, you can go for something pretty transparent. I cannot sleep in complete darkness and I’ve set my house with transparent curtains, but I have friends who have blinds that completely block out the light. I’ve worked with and they have told me to get something that suits my needs. If you ask me, that’s the best thing to do, because people have different opinions based on their experiences

I guess I’m kinda fortunate , I can pretty much sleep anyway light , dark , couch , bed , lol Even the floor with my dog’s 😌

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I guess I’m kinda fortunate , I can pretty much sleep anyway light , dark , couch , bed , lol Even the floor with my dog’s 😌

Same here. No problem with sleep.
    I slept while standing and leaning against a wall, on a welding table covered by a blanket.

I slept while standing and leaning against a wall, on a welding table covered by a blanket.

🤣😂🤭 That would have been great to see lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am the opposite.
    I do have issues sleeping. I pretty much need to be in bed to get any sleep. I think working shift work has added to this problem over the years.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.223 seconds