dcsimg

HOT WEATHER WORK Wear

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hot weather work wear is some thing that is kinda important in the summer time. Some times guys need to be in long pant and full shirts, steel toed boots and all that stuff. What brands do we use in the heat??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I found this one in TOTT that has a lot of good stuff.
    http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/work-wear-and-gear/favorite-warm-weather-work-clothes_o.aspx

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I find for summer I prefer longer shirts to keep the sun off the skin and I usually like the more durable hiking gear.

I prefer a speedo and wife beater…I kid I kid!

Usually shorts and a t-shirt for me. Nothing special.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I have to wear fire resistant coveralls, steel toes and hardhat if i’m out of the truck on any oilfield jobs, no exceptions. If i’m hauling to a highway type job, then its a little more laid back, just a high vis t shirt or vest, but still steel toes and hard hat. I wear the running shoe type steel toes, helps a bit. When i worked on a framing crew one summer several years ago in the south okanagan in july, just shorts and a t shirt, but was very hot, all the time!

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

What do you think of those Duluth pants? I don’t think I’ve ever seen them available in Canada.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Same for me.. And an old rag to wipe the sweat. I’ve been seeing these “cooling rags” advertised lately that are supposed to help, but I haven’t picked one up yet.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Same for me.. And an old rag to wipe the sweat. I’ve been seeing these “cooling rags” advertised lately that are supposed to help, but I haven’t picked one up yet.

Shorts and a t-shirt for me too. I wear my Keen boots most days. I have a cooling rag and a cooling hat. That help some on the really hot days.
    I do like the sound of the Duluth Flex Dry on the Fly Pants and shorts in the link Dirty posted.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Doobie
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I dare any of you to sport a Work Kilt.

https://www.blaklader.com/en/product/16271370-glasgow-kilt

I really think the kilt would be awesome to work in. And I would already own one. But there is just no way the rednecks around here would let a man get away with wearing one.

Ron

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

@RonW Haha, your a riot! I don’t think I could ever pull this off in my trade.
    BTW, great thread @dirtywhiteboy!

A Working Pro since 2004

I really like Carhartt ‘s new force shirts with the fast dry for hot summer days .

Always willing to learn .

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I really like Carhartt ‘s new force shirts with the fast dry for hot summer days .

I was soaking in my regular thick Carhartt t-shirt earlier this week and my stage partner had some dry fit on. I was soaked like I had jumped in a pool and he was semi splashed.
    I think I may need to order one of these.

A Working Pro since 2004

lightweight cotton carhartt pants.

Doobie

I dare any of you to sport a Work Kilt.

https://www.blaklader.com/en/product/16271370-glasgow-kilt

I really think the kilt would be awesome to work in. And I would already own one. But there is just no way the rednecks around here would let a man get away with wearing one.

It just takes one guy to start a trend. You never know who else would be wanting to wear them.

In Chris’ type of work, I can see why. Lol!

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

LOL. No kilt allowed on the suspended stage! That could be a real shocker for anybody looking up at you.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Carharrtt, Duluth, Under Armor all have these high tech cotton blends that cool you off. They really do make a difference. Under Armor has some other ones that are called Iso-Chill that are amazing. I wear them fishing with long sleeves and stay quite comfortably cool.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Do you know if they have a high vis version?

Do you know if they have a high vis version?

I was curious and went to the Carhartt website. They do have a hi-vis yellow Force t-shirt.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

LOL. No kilt allowed on the suspended stage! That could be a real shocker for anybody looking up at you.

Definitely a no go for Chris. That’s the last thing I want to look up and see. lol

Ron

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.428 seconds