dcsimg

Hot boxes and getting by osha

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  kurt@welkerhomes.com 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I am looking to build a hot box for charging batteries on site. Looking to make a plywood box with a light to create heat. What I am worried aboung is the electrical side and not getting hassle from osha. In the plywood box Ill have a metal ceiling box with ceramic fixture as well as 2 metal metal wall boxes for outlets. Inside the box is no problem i can connect them with flex conduit.

What I am wondering is how to I have a plug on it to connect to extension cord that wont have osha flipping? I cont think a male end of extension cord to a wall box will fly. How would you guys go about this to make osha happy?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

What about using a box with a metal housing trouble light in it. It would be a UL listed appliance just kept in a box. A small notch in the top would allow the cord in. You do not need a very high wattage bulb to create a lot of heat.

When I worked in Iriquois Falls all the sheet metal workers had hot boxes made from ducting with a light bulb inside of them for heating their lunches. I think they just used a regular drop light (trouble light?) with an incandescent bulb in it.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Anonymous

Here ya go, $10 Eby. Problem solved, And you could bake a cake with it too

Gotta at least get the one in boy colours Dabbs 🙂

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Gotta at least get the one in boy colours Dabbs

spray paint them with blue for bosch lol.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

trouble light might due if its one with the two outlets on it. Problem I need enough outlets for the crew and dont want to run 10 cords. I run 2 to 3 battery systems myself, then with 4 or 5 other guys we could be looking at 7 chargers needing power. This is why I just wanted to build something good

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

put a multi outlet strip in the box and coil up the cord of the light it keep it in the box. plug it and the chargers into the multi outlet strip and just run 1 cord to the box. This would take 4 or 5 chargers. Ganging 2 strips together would cover all 7 chargers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.437 seconds