dcsimg

Home theater Trim out

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Do you know if the West systems epoxy can be used on exterior applications?

OA West System is widely use for building boats and windsurfing boards. It is by far better than polyester resin.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Do you know if the West systems epoxy can be used on exterior applications?

OA West System is widely use for building boats and windsurfing boards. It is by far better than polyester resin.

Thats where i learned about them as well, boating forums. If you build a strip built, you end up covering with a west systems epoxy.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Here are some pictures

Looks great, have you got a top in mind?
    Got to love the ability to watch a movie/show of your choice in the comforts of your own home.

Yes we are looking at walnut, not sure if it will be a live edge slab or a glued up slab with some sort of profiled edge.

I’m sure the choice will make the bar pop, whichever why you go. Can’t wait for the finishing touches.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very nice job on the bar.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Well I havent been on here is a while, been a crazy past couple months, graduated college, and have been working like crazy. Finally got a chance to build the bar top, turned out awesome, customer was thrilled. Took some work to source the walnut really wanted wider boards i ended up getting 12/4x 8 rough boards. Dropped them at the millwork company i used and got them milled down to s4s i took it from there. I glued them up using tb2, and a ton of dominos. Sanded it out flat and using high performance finishes to coat the top.

Some more

couple more

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Beautiful work Tyler…as usual!

I really like the reclaimed wood with the walnut…two of my favorite woods to work with.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Clev08
    Pro

The walnut top looks great! Nice work! I would get sick of doing all that trim work…

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Bar top looks really good, Tyler. Nice work.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Nice work on the top Tyler. Beautiful piece of furniture you have built.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Some more

love the finish on this, how do you achieve this look and how durable is it?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Well I havent been on here is a while, been a crazy past couple months, graduated college, and have been working like crazy. Finally got a chance to build the bar top, turned out awesome, customer was thrilled.

Congrats on graduating college.

The bar top looks awesome.I can see why the HO was thrilled. Great work.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Very nice work ! It looks beautiful !

@tylerwalker32 wow that looks beautiful, sure must be happy your client. Thank you for the pictures, and great work as usual.

tylerwalker32 Came out looking great, the top is killer. Nice job

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

couple more

That is beautiful. You just can’t go wrong with walnut. Congrats on a fine job and graduating college too. That is a hefty workload you put on yourself.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

That bar top turned out great! No wonder the customer was thrilled. Nice job!

Some more

It’s high performance satin, I sanded the raw wood to 220 then sanded between coats with 320. I’m not totally sure who durable it is, from what I’m told it will hold up to spilled alcohol. Overall durability only time will tell

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Some more

It’s high performance satin, I sanded the raw wood to 220 then sanded between coats with 320. I’m not totally sure who durable it is, from what I’m told it will hold up to spilled alcohol. Overall durability only time will tell

I must have missed it…high performance what? I’d imagine it’s epoxy based…or is it poly?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.364 seconds