dcsimg

Home gym

• This topic has 82 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Nyx.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Author

P90X ad P90X3 are what I use if not running. Pretty much push-ups, pull-ups and some free weights. Nothing fancy.

Orange County, CA

KenW
    Pro

I had a buddy buy a Bowflex one time. He used it 3 times then tried to sell it to me. I kindly passed cause I knew it wouldn’t get used.

I had a buddy buy a Bowflex one time. He used it 3 times then tried to sell it to me. I kindly passed cause I knew it wouldn’t get used.

I would say that happens to 74% of people they start and give up to be a clothes rack .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have no space for a home gym.

Last year I would do P90x during the winter and tried to be active outside in the nicer weather – biking, playing sports, etc.

I just joined Planet Fitness for $20/month and my health insurance pays for it if we go 12x a month. I have always thought about getting enough free weights + bench + making a squat rack + something to run on, but for now it doenst make sense – joining a gym has been great.

I think many insurance companies (at least in US) help pay around $40/month for a gym membership if you go ~12x a month

John S

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Last year I would do P90x during the winter and tried to be active outside in the nicer weather – biking, playing sports, etc.

I just joined Planet Fitness for $20/month and my health insurance pays for it if we go 12x a month. I have always thought about getting enough free weights + bench + making a squat rack + something to run on, but for now it doenst make sense – joining a gym has been great.

I think many insurance companies (at least in US) help pay around $40/month for a gym membership if you go ~12x a month

My son does the p90x and you can really see a big difference in no time .The only thing is you have to keep it up to stay looking like that .

Thanks John for the insurance info. I’ve been looking at joining a Gym. Looked up my insurance company on the net and they don’t pay but I can get a better deal. My peeve about gyms are people who don’t clean up after using the equipment. Really hate it when someone’s puddle of sweat is on the seat or bench when you want to use it.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

all high intensity work out programs require constant maintenance to keep the results, be it fast paced light wight programs or heavy lifting programs.. the program i do is a combination of compound movements for high weight low reps and light weight high rep counts with drop sets, which engages all the fibres of the muscle.. if i get sick and miss 2 or 3 days i fell like ive been off 2 weeks which requires easing back into it for a couple days

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

all high intensity work out programs require constant maintenance to keep the results, be it fast paced light wight programs or heavy lifting programs.. the program i do is a combination of compound movements for high weight low reps and light weight high rep counts with drop sets, which engages all the fibres of the muscle.. if i get sick and miss 2 or 3 days i fell like ive been off 2 weeks which requires easing back into it for a couple days

That’s my problem. I go all out and get in good shape then slack off and lose it. Yo-yo all the time. I took a promotion at my job and have been stressing a lot at work so when I get home all I want to do is relax. I’m in my worst shape ever and heaviest weight too. I’m diabetic and my numbers are high. Started eating salad to cut the carbs and it’s working pretty well and I’ve lost eight pounds since the New Year. I’m going to start working out again to get in shape and start feeling good again.

ProTom
    Pro
    Bear Lake, MI

How about getting outdoors? Try snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, or down hill skiing or snowboarding. They will keep you from getting cabin fever and help keep in shape. I actually loose weight in the winter from skiing and snowboarding as much as possible.

Always learning, and some teaching along the way.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a pretty nice dust collector, I’ve had it for about 15 years. It’s the kind that has big rubber bands rather than real weights, It was a pretty good one at the time. Also have a second dust collector that’s in the shape of a treadmill. that one actually does get used a little but ya still have to blow the dust off it to use

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

ive thought about that stuff but im a iron addict gotta lift heavy

there is cursing in this video but it is funny depending on your sense of humor

Anonymous
    Inactive

ive thought about that stuff but im a iron addict gotta lift heavy

there is cursing in this video but it is funny depending on your sense of humor

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/JHiKDa4ip_Q?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Man that guys biceps are insane, It looks like they’re gonna *pop* any minute LOL

all high intensity work out programs require constant maintenance to keep the results,

And not just keep the results, but like you said, to be able to keep up with the workouts as well lol… it is amazing how much harder a workout is after a break of a week or two.

I was doing the “100 push ups” program this past fall (http://www.hundredpushups.com), and I got to where I could do 100 without stopping after about 8 weeks. Then I maintained it for a few weeks… but then Christmas came 🙁 lol

BUT I am working out 3-4x a week now at Planet Fitness. That has been great.

John S

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Craigslist is also a great place to buy equipment. When the weather is good and i am working i dont need to work out as i stay more than busy enough. between work, volunteering at the local park doing trail maintenance and hiking I do ok

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

dont worry john, youll get there. just keep it up. dont do it at the same time of day everytime. shock the muscle do half reps at the bottom of the motion.. then do them at the top half of the motion.. do some in the morning when you get up and what not..

and yes ct fletcher is insane. hes a world champion strict form power lifter. 10 years ago he set the world record for strict bicep curl meaning absolutely no cheating in the motion. he did like 240 lbs. some of his training methods are really intense and they do work.. on saturdays i do what he calls the bench press double marathon doing 400 reps on the flat bench using 135 lbs and then upping it to 225 lbs

Wow! When I was cut I was not even coming close to that! I’m interested that 100 push-up plan though, thanks for the link John!

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

That dude is intense…..hard to believe its natural. Injury and fatigue prevent non stop growth.

I tore my pec from my bicep it scared the hell out me. I didnt stop in fact after a few weeks I start to progress back to real strength like my youth. Then I hit a wall and body had nothing. Its rough.

John if you were doing those push ups I bet your rock solid my man. Good for you.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

staker
    Pro

Lots of great ideas, just gotta stop being a couch potato, I got a couple of days on snow shoes next week, good place to start.

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

I have a eliptical machine. It works great.

For hanging my work jeans and shirts on to dry.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.476 seconds