dcsimg

Home gym

• This topic has 82 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Nyx.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    staker
    Pro

How many of you have some type of home gym. I find myself getting out of shape in the winter months as the work slows down to a snails crawl. I was looking at the bowflex and a weight stack not sure which one. I don.t know anyone that has owned a bowflex, would like some reviews.

Would love to have a versa climber, it can be a workout and a half

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

If you are looking for gym equipment go to your local thrift stores or salvation army .I see all kinds of equipment there all the time .

This is my home gym

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Problem with home gyms is that most only get used for a very short time. Then they sit and collect dust.
    In my opinion you would be better off joining a gym. The people there will help keep you motivated to lift and you will be more likely to stick with it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

some dumbbells, and a copy of insanity which im not really in good enough health for but i do what i can

redwood
    Pro

We have had a Body Solid Home Gym for about 12 years. Nice thing about it is it has a lifetime warranty. Twice we have had some frayed cables and they sent the whole set of cables.

I don’t use it as much as I should. My boys used it pretty reguarlly until this past year, when they joined a gym.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

i have one and when my shop is moved I’ll put it back together. I’ve got a Bowflex but I’ve also got an Olympic cage and bench with a bunch of plates and a few Dumbbells. Maybe in two or three weeks I can start hammering away again.

How many of you have some type of home gym. I find myself getting out of shape in the winter months as the work slows down to a snails crawl. I was looking at the bowflex and a weight stack not sure which one. I don.t know anyone that has owned a bowflex, would like some reviews.

some dumbbells, and a copy of insanity which im not really in good enough health for but i do what i can

Are you looking or cardio stuff or a weight workout?

Don’t have a bowflex so can’t help you with that.

I try to do both Cardio and Weights

I have the Insanity Workout for cardio. Cannot even finish one whole video. It’s pretty intense but if you can tough it out and do it often, you will get to be in pretty good shape. I use a heart rate monitor which I can connect to my iPhone and it’s good at telling me I’m out of shape. Lots of free apps to track how many workouts and calories burned. Not sure how accurate the calories part is but I like to know my max and average heart rates I have when I work out.

I also have a stationary bike which I like when I’m not up to doing the insanity.

When I had gym membership I liked using the elliptical. Good since it’s low impact.

Bought one of these last year for my son to train for football. I think I use it more than him now since he’s lifting weights at school.

Good luck with your workouts.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

yep those insanity videos are a good place to start! They work really well, when you do them, lol. And you there is a calendar that you can print so you have an idea of which video/workout to do each day.

monman1
    Pro

Every day at work is workout for me, and we are always doing something different.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

What funny timing of this topic. We have had a treadmill for awhile. I use it off and on. I just started using it again this week. I don’t have any other equipment. I do good old fashion crunches and push ups and maybe some deep knee bends.

I definitely get out of shape during the winter and want to get back to a comfortable weight.

I used to run quite a bit outdoors during mild weather.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

staker
    Pro

I`m looking more for weight training.

chrisk1970
    Pro
    i have one and when my shop is moved I’ll put it back together. I’ve got a Bowflex but I’ve also got an Olympic cage and bench with a bunch of plates and a few Dumbbells. Maybe in two or three weeks I can start hammering away again.

How do you like the bowflex

It’s the original Bowflex. I’ve had it for maybe sixteen years? It’s a great machine, does a great job at general fitness and when I was lifting I incorporated it into my work out. When I start again I will re incorporate it again. I walk every night for 45 minutes or so weather permitting but I have to get back into it. I hurt my shoulder about seven years ago and am pretty protective of it and that it where the Bowflex shines. It’s really great at isolation and range of motion. I won’t replace it because the machine might be old but it still works just fine.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i have a set of dumbells but the gym i go to is only minutes away so its easier to just head down the street

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

This dumbbell needs to go to the gym.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I don’t work out at home. I almost never have, except for 5-6 years of yoga.

That said, I bought a Bowflex 7 years ago that was a great deal and used it about a dozen times. My wife used it for longer and my dad, who ended up with it, used it a lot. I was surprised how thorough a workout it gave. I was in pretty solid shape at that time and it really kicked my butt. There were a couple exercises(lower back) that I could almost max out but I’ve had that with basic gym equipment too.

You should be able to find a really good deal on home gym equipment. I bet only about 10% of it ever gets used more than 20 times.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I have a big set up of free weights and a body solid smith machine with lots of attachments, dips, 300lb rack, pec deck, high and low pulleys. I bought it in 97. Back then lifted 5 days a week for years..got away from and then back into the last few years…not so much this year.

Its nice to have when your into it.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

I don’t work out at home. I almost never have, except for 5-6 years of yoga.

That said, I bought a Bowflex 7 years ago that was a great deal and used it about a dozen times. My wife used it for longer and my dad, who ended up with it, used it a lot. I was surprised how thorough a workout it gave. I was in pretty solid shape at that time and it really kicked my butt. There were a couple exercises(lower back) that I could almost max out but I’ve had that with basic gym equipment too.

You should be able to find a really good deal on home gym equipment. I bet only about 10% of it ever gets used more than 20 times.

love the “except yoga”………..Really, like that isnt a work out and a half

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I try to do home workouts just using your own body weight. For awhile I used the Xbox One Fitness that had the IR technology and it was fun.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.495 seconds