dcsimg

Home Depot pro app

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, I’ve had the home depot pro app for a few months and it’s really a great app (it crashes occasionally, but still very usable) you can make a shopping list on it, you can order online and pick up in store (or send an employee to pick it up), you can find the locations and quantities of items at your store or at surrounding stores, etc.

I often use it while in the store to see if they have more of something or to find the location of an item.

It also uses the camera as a barcode scanner, so this weekend while I was cleaning out my trailer I was able to make a pile of stuff to return. I could scan it with the app to make sure it was an hd product.

If you don’t have it yet I would recommend downloading it.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

Thatkid
    Pro

Just downloaded it and it does seem really nice.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

I’ll check it out.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Thanks, I’ll check it out too

--Steve

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We dont have a HD real close, but I get near one every week or two. That sounds like it would save a lot of time.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Thanks Robert, I will have to check it out.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Dang, not available in Canada. It sounds like an improvement over their regular app which I removed a while ago.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Sounds like a good app. I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads-up.

Pat

Dang, not available in Canada. It sounds like an improvement over their regular app which I removed a while ago.

Yes! Major improvement, I remember that app… it sucked.

I’ve helped other customers in a store before as he was looking to see if they had more threadlocker, I pulled out my phone scanned the back and it showed 2 on hand, answered his question before an associate could be found.

Robert Shaw -Colorado Deck and Framing
    www.mysteeldeck.com

redwood
    Pro

I’ve helped other customers in a store before as he was looking to see if they had more threadlocker, I pulled out my phone scanned the back and it showed 2 on hand, answered his question before an associate could be found.

Sounds like you have a backup job for the winter.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’ve had it for a maybe 6+ months. It is great. Especially for finding items in different store or so you don’t waste so much time walking around looking for an item. I use mine daily and multiple times a day at that.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I like the HD app I’ve had it awhile. I like being able to check inventory. The purchase history can come in handy too.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Sounds like an interesting tool, I’ll have to give it a look.

Andre_C
    Pro
    Miramichi, New-Brunswick

It does seem to have many features that the Bosch app does not have!

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I just downloaded it. Funny thing was when HD invited me to sign up for the Pro stuff, it didn’t let me do it for some reason. Now I was able to successfully sign up through this app. Go figure…

Pat

kzcarp
    Pro

I just downloaded it. Funny thing was when HD invited me to sign up for the Pro stuff, it didn’t let me do it for some reason. Now I was able to successfully sign up through this app. Go figure…

I guess if you’re serious enough to download the app you’re serious enough of a pro for them!

kevin

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

I’ve been wondering of it was a good app. Hadn’t seen any reviews on it. Thanks

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

Yep, I have it. Use it for numerous things. Comes in handy for estimating materials when on the fly too.

****HD (or Lowes) big box store tip****

If you’re ever in a hurry to find an associate in the store when it seems like there’s no one to be found, grab a ladder cart and start pushing it. They’ll come out of the woodwork instantly to let you know they’re for employee use only!

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

If you’re ever in a hurry to find an associate in the store when it seems like there’s no one to be found, grab a ladder cart and start pushing it. They’ll come out of the woodwork instantly to let you know they’re for employee use only!

Absolutely TRUE!!! Seems like the best way to get an associate’s attention these days. Just to be sure to get their attention, lock and unlock the ladder with that foot pedal at the base. It makes a loud enough noise to let them know someone’s goofing around with the ladder.

When I was working at HD I heard of a sales associate who actually fell off of the first step of a 6′ ladder. He hit his head on the concrete and it killed him. Wasn’t at my store but it’s a true story.

Pat

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Clever trick to get someone’s attention lol

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.784 seconds