dcsimg

Home Depot E-Mail Receipt

This topic contains 40 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Skillman 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)
  • Author

I finally did it the other day . Boy I should of done it earlier . Me receipt always get lost or messed up in my pocket from getting wet or cut from things .

I can easily read them now . So the organization of each job is a lot better . Which will make me more productive and more money in the long run its a big time saver . The account should love it too . I would recommend it to anyone not just contractors .

Always willing to learn .

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I finally did it the other day . Boy I should of done it earlier . Me receipt always get lost or messed up in my pocket from getting wet or cut from things .

I can easily read them now . So the organization of each job is a lot better . Which will make me more productive and more money in the long run its a big time saver . The account should love it too . I would recommend it to anyone not just contractors .

I think I would use an email address that I create for them to use. You never know who they will sell it to and what it will be used for. My gut tells me they are not offering that service cause they think you’re a nice guy.
    That being said, the advantages you point out are definitely worthwhile.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

I signed up for it too a few months ago.. Thought in doing so you forfeited getting the physical receipt, but that is not so.

I bought an LED fixture off them in January and realized after I installed it that it was eligible for the government Energy Star rebate of $8. Wouldn’t you know it, of all the receipts I keep, this is the one in a thousand I can’t find. Printed my electronic receipt, and brought it to the service desk and they honored the coupon.

While they said they could have done it using my credit card, the problem with that was was that the light was the last one they were selling on clearance, so there was none in the store to scan to find in my purchase history.

Here’s another big thing I do that makes life easier. With HD, I always use the same credit card. Makes returns a lot easier. Anything you bought off of them in the past three months will be found in their system and automatically credited back to your card without the need of the physical receipt.

Here’s one situation that just happened this week with my HD. Bought the blanket and switch box thermostat for an infloor electric heater they sell there a year and a half ago pending doing my bathroom reno. Recently, I decided I’m going to go with Ditra-Heat instead. So I decided to return the two items to HD without my receipt which I do have, but would take me a while to dig out. Well, here’s customer service for you. The returns clerk warns me that those two items I was going to return were knocked down in price for one day only a while back (reason not given) and that I would be out nearly half the cost on those two items if I can’t find my receipt for them.

I went home and dug them out as I recall these items weren’t cheap. It’s about $200 I would be out had he not said that to me, which frankly, if he didn’t, I coulda just walked away not realizing I’d just been screwed because I bought them so long ago and there were other items being returned that may have skewed my perception of what total refund I was receiving. Frankly, I rarely look at the tally on my receipts, so I likely would have missed it altogether. Will be bringing them back next trip there.

I just love how HD works and I love my HD in Ajax. Been getting great service from them for over 15 years.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I always pass on them maybe I’ll give it a try. Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have always passed also. It sounds like it may be worth a try. I have receipts automatically sent from other retailers. thanks for the recommendation.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I don’t think for me it is necessary. I use a CC for almost all material purchases, so I get a big receipt every month.

I don’t think for me it is necessary. I use a CC for almost all material purchases, so I get a big receipt every month.

I here you in that respect . But it’s just a backup . Plus I can see it real fast if i send someone to store I can watch what’s being bought .

I always pass on them maybe I’ll give it a try. Thank you

In today’s world everything is organized . I was like you and said no . But after this job where water was a problem my pockets got wet too much from rain . I couldn’t read the receipt at end of day .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Thats a big help. I always seem to lose my receipts. My local paint shop sends emails about every purchase…which I appreciate!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Thats a big help. I always seem to lose my receipts. My local paint shop sends emails about every purchase…which I appreciate!

Here is a picture I took of the e-mail .

Attachments:

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I have been receiving them for a couple of months, luckily I have not needed them, but I guess they could eventually come in handy if I ever lost a paper receipt.

Have been saying when asked.Now I’m kicking myself. How much easier can it be to track purchases.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

thats actually a really good idea. ive avoided getting them to cut down on email clutter but if your keeping track of the spending for projects way easier than having a pocket full of receipts

that being said you can create individual folders in your email for specific projects.. project is comlete delete the folder

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

I may have to give this a second look. If it means that I wont have to click the email button every time, it will save me a lot of time. I get really annoyed at the gas pumps that play 20 questions with you when you only want gas.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Just started doing this a few weeks ago, I used to take a picture of them and put them in Evernote but getting the email is much easier, Home Depot has my email already anyway so it’s nice to not have to worry about tracking receipts any more.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I started doing it as soon as they were offered. I love the fact that I can lose my receipt and still be fine. However this is jsut another way for them to track what you buy and they may try to gear their sales emails to you . basically another metric they can count.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I have always passed also. It sounds like it may be worth a try. I have receipts automatically sent from other retailers. thanks for the recommendation.

I’ve always passed on the email receipt also. Might give it a shot next time I’m in there. But I do use the same card when making purchases though.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I’ve been receiving them since they offered them as well. I’m not sure if it is part of doing so, but when I created my home depot user account and log into the mobile app, I associated my credit card with that account and all my purchase history is there too.

Anything is possible if your wallet is thick enough ~ my father

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is a great idea , I didn’t know they had a service like that .

Doobie

….. However this is jsut another way for them to track what you buy and they may try to gear their sales emails to you . basically another metric they can count.

Who cares! I don’t. It’s not like I’m buying shovels and body bags from them. lol!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

….. However this is jsut another way for them to track what you buy and they may try to gear their sales emails to you . basically another metric they can count.

Who cares! I don’t. It’s not like I’m buying shovels and body bags from them. lol!

ehhhh ! im just iffy how much information gets out to people who can misuse it. I don’t know exactly how they will but call me crazy it just feels weird to have them know that much about you.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.591 seconds