dcsimg

Holy Smokes! Makita released a new 12" LXTx2 DBSCMS

This topic contains 43 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  CB 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

When Makita upped the voltage to 9.6v in the form of the B9000 long battery tool system… that became an adhoc industry standard that Makita supported for over 30 years (which is one good reason why I’m not worried about an investment in the current deeply supported Makita LXT battery platform)…

I worked for a guy who had this type of Makita drills 25 years ago. I don’t remember much about them.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

CB
    Pro

Those older style ones are definitely not what I was thinking of. They were clumsily big handled and unbalanced. The new smaller version of what would be aluminum battery based would not recur those past issues with making a battery that could be significantly lighter, slimmer and shorter than those of the very old tech they had long ago. Imagine a battery the size of your index of pinky finger. No larger. That to me would work fine for a fully insertable into the handle type of system. Might also allow them to make the drills more waterproof also. Be nice one day if everything was at least IP64 rated.

The four points highlighting some benefits of how the cordless driver drill battery location has evolved over the decades to the point where the basic design is now common across all brands… were perhaps missed.

I would much rather have a drill that can stand up on it’s own, with a battery on the bottom that can counter ballast rotation and dissipate heat directly, rather than a drill with a battery the size of a double AA battery tucked inside of a handle that traps heat and won’t stand on it’s own.

Following the 12v change to red batteries located off the heel of the handle, Makita launched the 14.4V system…

Makita carried over the 14.4v battery form factor to the 18V LXT line.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

When Makita upped the voltage to 9.6v in the form of the B9000 long battery tool system… that became an adhoc industry standard that Makita supported for over 30 years (which is one good reason why I’m not worried about an investment in the current deeply supported Makita LXT battery platform)…

I worked for a guy who had this type of Makita drills 25 years ago. I don’t remember much about them.

I had one of those Makita
    I think I got rid of it about 7 years ago

I’ve also used these Milwaukee 9.6
    It’s an actual picture not off the internet

Still working , just doesn’t hold a charge , and it’s relatively bigger than the newer more compact 18 volt tools out now

CB
    Pro

I remember that Milwaukee battery system. That was pre TTi. I was already 20 batteries deep in 9.6v Makita at the time, but all my corded drills were Milwaukees.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.572 seconds