dcsimg

Hikoki tools

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Outside of NA, Hitachi will transition to HiKoki.

quite some funny name for a tool company. needs some time to get used to

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

If you look around on line you may find an adapter that will let your batteries work. I know some one makes an adapter they will let Ryobi tool run off of an Makita battery.

That’s pretty cool, I’ve seen them for other brands to, dewalt and making the old NiCad Makita take the new lithium battery packs.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

If you look around on line you may find an adapter that will let your batteries work. I know some one makes an adapter they will let Ryobi tool run off of an Makita battery.

I have seen some of these.

I think the issues are first, most of these are one off, purchased from someone who produced this in a garage, no warranty, use at your own risk type deals, and from what feedback I got they kind of throw off the ergonomics or balance of the tool, like it used to stand up but now the tool will lean forward with the adapter.

The other thing is (at least for me), I like to get better tools, and I think about the batteries as consumables. So for me, I would want cheap Harbor Freight batteries on my Makita, and when the batteries die, I buy more. I wouldn’t want to buy a Ryobi tool, and put Makita batteries on them, unless I am all Makita and there is this tool Ryobi has that Makita doesn’t.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wouldn’t want to buy a Ryobi tool, and put Makita batteries on them, unless I am all Makita and there is this tool Ryobi has that Makita doesn’t.

Ryobi has the small pointed sander and that’s what I need.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

So for me, I would want cheap Harbor Freight batteries on my Makita, and when the batteries die, I buy more.

Those cheap 3rd party ones scare me. I won’t buy them myself.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I would want cheap Harbor Freight batteries on my Makita, and when the batteries die, I buy more.

I can’t remember the last time I bought a battery. I sell them off with the tools.

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe when they bought the tool division of Hitachi there was a clause in the sale that they couldn’t buy the name Hitachi? Maybe the Name would have cost a lot more money?

Dirty

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Maybe when they bought the tool division of Hitachi there was a clause in the sale that they couldn’t buy the name Hitachi? Maybe the Name would have cost a lot more money?

Not sure. The thing is the new ownership of Hitachi tools is only for north America, Hitachi is still making and selling Hitachi tools as hikoki everywhere else in the world, but in NA it will be re-branded as metabo htp. So could be they couldn’t use the name Hitachi or hiloki, or could be they want to expand the metabo name.

I think Ridgid powder tools from TTI also has an identical brand outside of NA called AEG.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Oh wow I never heard of battery adapter before. That is pretty cool!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think Ridgid powder tools from TTI also has an identical brand outside of NA called AEG.

Yes that is right.

Dirty

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Take a look on ebay there are many varieties of these adapters.

Same brand NiCad to Lithium ion adapters
    Same brand 14.4V to 18V or 18V to 20V adapters
    Adapters to allow usage of an 18V battery to be a power source for phones and other USB devices
    Adapters to use other brand batteries Makita -> Milwaukee, Makita -> Dewalt etc…

Some are REALLY clunky lol.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Adapters to allow usage of an 18V battery to be a power source for phones and other USB devices
    Adapters to use other brand batteries Makita -> Milwaukee, Makita -> Dewalt etc…

I will take a look. Thanks for letting me know.

The one in the photo does look pretty clunky.

Greg

Doobie

I definitely wouldn’t want that battery adapter for on a drill like that or for what are likely most smallish cordless tools. As somebody mentioned, it would just throw the balance of the tool way off.

I also wonder if something like that would void warranty as well.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Probably does, but most likely unenforceable because no one would volunteer that they are using knock off batteries or adapters when they send it in for service.

Doobie

Probably does, but most likely unenforceable because no one would volunteer that they are using knock off batteries or adapters when they send it in for service.

A lot of tools nowadays have little chips in them for service related diagnostics. Those could likely be easily determined to have had an issue likely related to using 3rd party adapters and/or batteries.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well Hitachi power tools is no more!!! They had one He11 of a run. The best framing gun to ever be built.

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

it would just throw the balance of the tool way off.

Never thought of that. Usually this one of the reasons why people buy a tool.

You could be right. That you would have no warranty after using battery adapter.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Hitachi equipment is still Hitachi, not Hikoki LOL.

I definitely wouldn’t want that battery adapter for on a drill like that or for what are likely most smallish cordless tools. As somebody mentioned, it would just throw the balance of the tool way off.

That just doesn’t make sense to me ,
    I would not be able to use this

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That just doesn’t make sense to me ,
    I would not be able to use this

I going to have to say I agree. It doesn’t make sense. I am sure it would be awkward to use. When I first heard this I thought it might be a good idea. But since have changed my mind.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.636 seconds