dcsimg

Hitachi sold to LBO firm KKR

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

here is an article about Hitchi being sold to KKR a leveraged buyout firm.

They recently bought the retailer Mills Fleet Farm in the midwest also. I bet we start seeing the hitachi tools there.

https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/hitachi-power-tools-sold-to-kkr-equity/29014/

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Had seen this on FB earlier. Sure hope they don’t mess with the pneumatic line up.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Sure hope they don’t mess with the pneumatic line up.

That would be the worst outcome. From what I’ve read this could end up with some more positive outcomes for the brand.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yeah I could see them to be a real contender. The new impact has received a ton of praise and some of the cordless gassles guns people seem to like as well.

The big continue to get bigger. Time will tell how they treat the brand.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

wow crazy. hopefully it helps hitachi and doesn’t hinder them. especially the pneumatics line as they are easily one of the leaders in that sector.

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

This could be promising. I have a few of their pneumatic nailers and they work great, but I haven’t ever really heard of their cordless tools being loved. Maybe this buyout will force more competitive tools to come forth.

Doobie

I’ve lost track of who owns who over the years but this one is different with what is basically investment bankers buying in. Not sure what to think.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow this looks bad to me, This firm seems a lot like the TTI firm. I’ll hope for the best.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I’m surprised Hitachi sold their power tool division after acquiring Metabo and going on the warpath of releasing new brushless tools.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m surprised Hitachi sold their power tool division after acquiring Metabo and going on the warpath of releasing new brushless tools.

It maybe now that they have Metabo tools they are going to capitalize on that name to sell their power tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

They do have some construction related companies in their portfolio.

Haier
    Gardner Denver
    CHI Garage doors
    those oare the only ones i recognize anyway.

Hitachi is a much bigger company than KKR however.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.326 seconds