dcsimg

Hitachi new impact

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Hitachi acquisition of Matabo. Nice to see them both stepping up their game.

That would make sense. Will be good to see Hitachi step up there cordless lineup.
    Just hope it doesn’t bring Matabo down.

Doesn’t seem like it. Check out all the new stuff they are putting out…

https://toolguyd.com/discover-metabo-2016-new-36v-cordless-hands-on-metalworking-tools/

The new stuff does look good. But I would imagine everything coming out now would have already been in the works before Hitachi purchased Matabo.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Today at the local lumber yard there was a small event with a few dozen venders. They had this impact at the Hitachi booth, and it was impressive. I didn’t expect that from Hitachi. They had some type of 4 inch lag srews s to try out the driver. It was pretty fast. The guys I work said it was faster than my Makita brushless impact. So I went to my car and got the Makita, and we had a race. The Hitachi put in 3 lags to the Makita’s 2. It wasn’t close.

Overall it seems to be a good tool.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Hitachi put in 3 lags to the Makita’s 2. It wasn’t close.

Wow who would of thought that from Hitachi? Looks like a lot of tools companies are stepping up their game, RIDGID, Hitachi, and Ryobi. Ryobi just announced a new high power battery similar to the CORE.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the hitachi triple hammer is smoking the competition performance wise.. though id say its lagging sales wise… hitachi gear is hard to find even more so here in canada

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

The Hitachi put in 3 lags to the Makita’s 2. It wasn’t close.

Wow who would of thought that from Hitachi? Looks like a lot of tools companies are stepping up their game, RIDGID, Hitachi, and Ryobi. Ryobi just announced a new high power battery similar to the CORE.

Very true Bill,
    I didn’t know about the battery from Ryobi, do you have any information or links about it

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I didn’t know about the battery from Ryobi, do you have any information or links about it

Here you go

http://toolguyd.com/new-ryobi-18v-high-energy-battery-packs/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here you go

http://toolguyd.com/new-ryobi-18v-high-energy-battery-packs/

Oh wow, thanks Bill, that’s great, looking like they will be using the update batteries like Bosch?
    Great write up

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Did you guys see the interior of this impact? wires, epoxy etc…
    Its not well built like bosch, makita, dewalt…
    Hopefully it goes well for them now with this one.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I just came across this thread for the first time and I gotta say Hitachi put some great thoughts and technology into this tool. IP56 rating? that’s pretty cool.

Has anyone purchased one yet?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Have you seen inside of one, has to be pretty well built if it can take those tests,
    I would like to see the difference between the Hitachi and the other brands.

I just came across this thread for the first time and I gotta say Hitachi put some great thoughts and technology into this tool. IP56 rating? that’s pretty cool.

Has anyone purchased one yet?

That is good. Does anyone else put out their ratings?

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Have you seen inside of one, has to be pretty well built if it can take those tests,

Its IP 56 but the inside its not well built, I’ll get a picture and post here
    In fact it has technology, speed and power…but quality is a group of things.
    Please don’t get me wrong, Im not here judging, it is my personal experience and opinion.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But that is to be expected with a lower price. It has the power at a lower price which for some guys is all that matters.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Please don’t get me wrong, Im not here judging, it is my personal experience and opinion.

Oh no, don’t worry, I’m definitely not judging.
    I know Bosch tools are well built, I see plenty of other manufacturers on our repair department shelves
    And the odd Bosch tools
    Was just curious to see if you had any pictures

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

But that is to be expected with a lower price. It has the power at a lower price which for some guys is all that matters.

Thats the main point Bill, a cheap tool which can sell out.
    In addition to that, its just a matter of time to the wear and tear show up.
    Again, don´t get me wrong cause I know people which had problems with Liechtensteiner tools, sometimes it happens, and I´m not saying Hitachi triple hammer is a bad tool, but personally I would not get them.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

Oh no, don’t worry, I’m definitely not judging.
    I know Bosch tools are well built, I see plenty of other manufacturers on our repair department shelves
    And the odd Bosch tools
    Was just curious to see if you had any pictures

Brian, have a look and compare build quality between them all.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I believe Hitachi Tools have a lifetime warranty though. That makes a difference.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@bbernardesjr87 interesting pictures,
    The view of the back of the Hitachi, that’s the one that really shows.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I believe Hitachi Tools have a lifetime warranty though. That makes a difference.

I didn’t know that Hitachi gave a lifetime warranty on there battery’s. Man that’s nice.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

bbernardesjr87
    Pro
    Longueuil, Quebec

@bbernardesjr87 interesting pictures,
    The view of the back of the Hitachi, that’s the one that really shows.

@Boschmanbrian
    now you know what I meant.

I didn’t know that Hitachi gave a lifetime warranty on there battery’s. Man that’s nice.

If you say so, I have no clue about that. If yes it´s good.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.303 seconds