dcsimg

Metabo HPT-Hitachi

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I started this thread to talk about the Hitachi and new Metabo HPT brands. It looks like the brand will be coming out with a very competitive line of tools with this new battery platform.

https://www.toolsofthetrade.net/power-tools/cordless-tools/this-new-cordless-battery-platform-sets-the-bar-for-versatility_o?utm_source=newsletter&utm_content=Product-Article&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TOTT_102318%20(1)&he=

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the multivolt platform was unofficially announced back in the summer,, it will perform similar to dewalts flexvolt excpept that they will have a ac/dc adapter pack which allows cordless tools the ability to plug in

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

they will have a ac/dc adapter pack which allows cordless tools the ability to plug in

Exactly,, Here is what Metabo says about it.
    The AC Adapter
    The DeWalt’s FlexVolt miter saw offers users the ability to run a cord or battery. Before now, it was the only tool out there that had this capacity. Metabo HPT has a wide range of tools available that can be plugged in using an optional AC Adapter ET36A 36V MultiVolt AC Adapter (you might think a few of them are a little odd to be used as a corded tool). Unlike the MultiVolt Battery, the AC adapter is not backwards compatible so it’ll only work on 36V tools. It is a 20-foot cord and inverter (which sits about 5 feet from the plug end). As an accessory, the adapter runs $150.

Dirty

Clev08
    Pro

I have seen one person using the ac adapter on instagram and he said it got really hot after making two cuts. Hopefully it’s just a pre production issue.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have seen one person using the ac adapter on instagram and he said it got really hot after making two cuts. Hopefully it’s just a pre production issue.

Sounds like it was getting resistance.. I wonder what it was plugged into?

Dirty

Doobie

That would worry me. LOTS!

Just got the 36V circ saw, adapter and batteries. I’ll chime in on it later. Bare tool doesn’t come with any rip guide or a vacuum adapter for the dust chute but it seems to be able to take one.

The battery out in the US is the 36V/4ah version which is pretty hefty. There is apparently a smaller 36V/2.5ah version that has less of the length of the 4ah pack but it doesn’t seem to be out in the US.

Here’s a photo of the 36V/4ah pack against the Bosch Core 6.3ah and the Hitachi 3ah slimpacks.

CB
    Pro

It is really too bad that these new Metabo HPT batteries are not compatible with Metabo batteries, since Metabo batteries are part of the Cordless Alliance System that nine different (mostly German… including the vaunted Mafell line of top tier tools) interchange with.

But no, it looks like the new Metabo HPT batteries are incompatible with the CAS standard, and incompatible with Metabo batteries. Go figure.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

the multivolt platform was unofficially announced back in the summer,, it will perform similar to dewalts flexvolt excpept that they will have a ac/dc adapter pack which allows cordless tools the ability to plug in

Interesting idea that there bringing back it . I know Dewalt has the flexvolt . I just remember the 24volt from Dewalt years back that was that way had the hammer it had balls when just on battery . So I’m sure the new HPT will be powerful too .

Always willing to learn .

Got the 36V hammer drill today. Definitely a heavy duty drill.

Controls are less clicky/positive when compared to Bosch drills, they’re kind of a softer click forr the detents.

Like older drills where you turn the clutch past drill for it to act like a hammer drill rather than having a top selector that let’s you switch between drilling/hammer drilling/clutch engagement.

Definitely not a “driver” drill at the size and weight this thing is at.

It has some reactive force thing, similar to the latest Bosches where it prevents it from twisting your wrist except from what I can tell it just cuts back on power but not all the way to prevent it from twisting.

Chuck is similar to Bosches: It has a free spinning section in the front so if the nose of the chuck runs into things it just spins freely.

A quirk about the handle besides it being super long:

The handle screws in. It isn’t a screw in clamping mechanism like Milwaukee and it isn’t like a collar like on the latest Bosch (HDH183). It literally has two rubber caps covering screw holes and you screw the handle in. There is a nub on the plastic piece for the cap to stick into. The handle has a plastic piece that aligns with the drill body. It doesn’t come with a stop rod, instead it has a hex shaped recess and a recess for you to put your own nut and screw into. I guess you just grab whatever long enough 1/4″ hex shank bit and call that the stop rod. Disappointing for the price it retails at but I didn’t pay retail.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Dirty

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Looks like there will be a good opportunity to pick up some of the “old” branded tools at clearance prices for the next while.

I like the emphasis on durability in the advertising. That is a feature lacking in a lot of the popular tools on the market right now.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like there will be a good opportunity to pick up some of the “old” branded tools at clearance prices for the next while.

I like the emphasis on durability in the advertising. That is a feature lacking in a lot of the popular tools on the market right now.

I have been using the impact driver very hard. Selfdrillers into 16 and 14ga. CFS some days it’s all day long. I’m trying to kill it.. I’m taking a licking and keeps on ticking.

Dirty

I have been using the impact driver very hard. Selfdrillers into 16 and 14ga. CFS some days it’s all day long. I’m trying to kill it.. I’m taking a licking and keeps on ticking.

I have just been reading about the table saw , they say it’s a tank , that’s the corded model
    And I’m sure the cordless/corded one will be very good , especially being able to use batteries or plugged in.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I scored a shirt last weekend at the WoodCraft sale from the HPT rep.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That looks like a really nice shirt Dirty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Nice I like that color high vis

Doobie

I love getting freebie tool branded T shirts myself. I like the color. Congratz! 👍

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

nice, I don’t see as many vendors passing out shirts as I used to.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

nice, I don’t see as many vendors passing out shirts as I used to.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.787 seconds