dcsimg

High Rise Restoration Toronto Suspended Access

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Hi, my name is Chris from Toronto. I’m 35 years old and have been doing various construction and trade work over the past 10 years. I focus on High Rise restoration using suspended access equipment (swing stages) and elevated platforms. Restoration is a jack of many trades, so on site I may need to do concrete balcony restoration, forms, caulking removal, caulking, brick replacement, chipping, tuckpointing, TWF, suspended access rigging, painting. Also I have laboured in roofing, climbed telecommunications towers, general contracting etc. I look forward to learning a lot from all of you. I’m so glad I found this site and enjoy reading the posts in the forums!

A Working Pro since 2004

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Welcome to BTP Chris.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

redwood
    Pro

Welcome Chris, are you by chance the framer boy’s boss?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Welcome Chris, I bet you get some cool views from up there, I’ve never done any highrise work before.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Now THAT’S some commercial work right there!
    Welcome aboard Chris, glad to have you here, looking forward to some of your problem solving; ’cause when you’re that high up, I guess there’s no going back down to get something you forgot.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Welcome Chris.. I climbed a tower once… That was enough 😉

--Steve

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

,,,,dangit!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Moze
    Dallas, TX

welcome to the site!

Resident Sign Guy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Welcome Chris, are you by chance the FramingPros boss?

I thought that guy had a bolo head?

Dirty

Welcome to BTP . I just joined myself the other day . The views for sure are breath takeing at times .

Always willing to learn .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, That sounds pretty scary. Welcome to the site and thanks for the picture. We really like pics in here

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Oh Yea ,,,Welcome to the post, I like your line of work.

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Welcome aboard, Chris

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Thanks for the Welcome everyone. I enjoy sharing any info of work that I did and am doing on High Rises. Yes, the views are great! Since I am experienced at rigging the stages, I no longer have the fear about the heights like I did back when I started and was a greenhorn. Always a 4-1 weight ratio for saftey, and everyone has their own lifeline secured to their own engineered roof anchor. I must admit through the years I have seen some scary stage rigging and careless rigging. I have even seen beams sliding off cradles, no tie backs on roof, rusted stage floor boards, etc. If anyone is doing High Rise and is new and has any questions, please feel free to ask. Also the two best rentals for swing stage in Toronto is “Skyway” and “Scafom”. You always get perfect conditioned equipment, and service is top notch. There are others like “xxxxx”, but their equipment delivered to many a sites looked poorly maintained and sometimes downright dangerous.

A Working Pro since 2004

Attachments:
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Welcome Chris

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Welcome, good to have you.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I’d love to see the view you are looking at in your first picture there. Welcome aboard Chris.

Welcome, that would be sweet job, (sure it has more than it’s share of headache’s though}

Welcome Chris. Glad there are guys like you to do that kind of work. Not for me.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Top of the world to you Chris. It looks like you are able to get high every day, legally. It seems like an interesting job.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.484 seconds