dcsimg

Hi vis

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Are there any companies that make some decent hi vis stuff? I know blaklader has the hi vis pants, I think @utopia78 has a pair.

Here the web page from my local supplier.
    http://www.ssshinc.com/t/workwear/high-visibility-workwear

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I only wear hi vis if I’m on a commercial job that requires it. In the summer I’ll wear a hi vis t-shirt, cooler weather I’ll just wear a hi vis vest. The commercial I’m on now technically requires it, but since it’s not enforced, very few guys actually wear it, or you’ll only be able to see the collar of a hi vis shirt under their jacket.

I understand vi his for guys working on the road or at night, or maybe on a site where there’s a lot of machines driving around, but it makes little sense for the guys working indoors.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but it makes little sense for the guys working indoors.

Guess it is just easier to have a one size fits reg that doesn’t allow for any leeway.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

but it makes little sense for the guys working indoors.

I think they want it worn because it makes it harder for a guy to hide. You know for that unofficial 10:00 break under the stairs..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I only wear hi vis if I’m on a commercial job that requires it. In the summer I’ll wear a hi vis t-shirt, cooler weather I’ll just wear a hi vis vest. The commercial I’m on now technically requires it, but since it’s not enforced, very few guys actually wear it, or you’ll only be able to see the collar of a hi vis shirt under their jacket.

I understand vi his for guys working on the road or at night, or maybe on a site where there’s a lot of machines driving around, but it makes little sense for the guys working indoors.

In fact it all comes down to insurance. It is due to either the insurance company requires it or they get a better rate due to it. This is typical of almost all similar regs. Think seat belt and helmet laws

on a side not carhart does not make a hivis as of yet. Do any of you know a maker of a warm frigid winter coat that will hold up?

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

For my day to day residential framing, its not necessary, however on most of my industrial / commercial jobs it is. Anywhere that PPE is strictly enforced, basically.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

For my day to day residential framing, its not necessary, however on most of my industrial / commercial jobs it is. Anywhere that PPE is strictly enforced, basically.

What kind of hi-vis gear do you usually wear?

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Do any of you know a maker of a warm frigid winter coat that will hold up?

A late answer to your question but an answer regardless…..BTP sponsor Blaklader offers hi-vis workwear.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

A lot of residential guys around here use the ppe gear . They still get them with there company logos on . Being able to see a guy around dumpsters and on the ground really helps safety .

Always willing to learn .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

What kind of hi-vis gear do you usually wear?

I’ve just got a few t-shirts sweaters and one of my coats is.

I don’t tend to do too much commercial work where I need hi-vis gear. heck as bad as it is the only PPE that’s actually enforced on my usual sites is steel toe boots and a harness if your on the roof.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.904 seconds