dcsimg

Hi vis

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

Need hi vis fire resistant coveralls for oil industry work, even when it’s 35c plus all the reg ppe. They won’t let you on site without it

Need hi vis fire resistant coveralls for oil industry work, even when it’s 35c plus all the reg ppe. They won’t let you on site without it

Sorry for the off topic but are you required to wear a metal ID tag on your wrist.

In the early 90’s we used to go to the airport to buy AVGAS when we raced our cars. The fueler had one on his wrist. Asked him about it and he said that would be the only thing left of him if he were to catch fire.

Kinda gruesome but it made sense.

Back to topic.

Some of our guys are being required to wear these slip on safety pant covers.

Looks like pajama pants. I’m glad I don’t have to wear them.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I’ve never had to as a trucker, but the guys working in the plants may have to. Or maybe they’ve decided they’re a safety hazard, no one in the industry is allowed to wear hoodies, might get caught in machinery

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You got any pics of your guys wearing them?? I see SSH using them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

You got any pics of your guys wearing them?? I see SSH using them.

What is SSH? Sorry I got no pics. If I see someone I’ll try and snap some.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Safety Systems Hawaii…….

What is SSH?

Dirty

Safety Systems Hawaii…….

What is SSH?

Oh yeah. Funny, I haven’t noticed anyone wearing them around.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I used to have to wear hi vis, but now that i work in a different department I haven’t had to wear them.. It was the adjustable ones and for some reason it never fit right, made me look like I was a slob lol.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

As a truck driver, it’s good to have everyone on site in hi vis, makes it much easier for me to see people on a busy worksite, especially in the dark. Short range vision around the trucks isn’t very good, lots of blindspots, so hi vis helps me a lot

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

When I was in sales I carried hard hat, safety boots, hi-vis vest, glasses, the whole lot in the trunk of my car. Required or not, having it on kept the bosses happy and let me have greater mobility on the jobsite.
    Good politics .. showed up in the bottom line, too.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

As a truck driver, it’s good to have everyone on site in hi vis, makes it much easier for me to see people on a busy worksite, especially in the dark. Short range vision around the trucks isn’t very good, lots of blindspots, so hi vis helps me a lot

You made very valid points for the Hi-Vis . Safety first around equipment .

Always willing to learn .

They gave us Hi Vis vests at work, when we have to work with the material handling and crane guys, plus if we have to walk around the loading dock. We need dedicated areas that are mandatory to wear them.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

You mostly see Hi-Vis on employee’s in larger construction here in Toronto as well as Tow Trucks, landscapers and such. It’s not mandatory at my site I wear it half the time.

A Working Pro since 2004

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

were not required to wear hi vis at work as of yet but the provincial labour board is pushing saftey regulations more and more. i do have a 3 in 1 jacket thats hi vis. i primarily just wear it for winder days when we are doing snow removal.. next year however i think it will probably be my primary work jacket mainly because ive grown out of my other one

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

They give me Hi Vis shirts to use but I don’t.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh yeah on the wrecker I always used a high vis vest and the flashing yellow lights.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Are there any companies that make some decent hi vis stuff? I know blaklader has the hi vis pants, I think @utopia78 has a pair.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Are there any companies that make some decent hi vis stuff? I know blaklader has the hi vis pants, I think @utopia78 has a pair.

Yeah, I have a pair of Hi-Vis ANSI CLASS 1 Blaklader x1608 pants. I like that they don’t have Hi-Vis on 100% of it.

A Working Pro since 2004

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Some sites mandatory for HiVis , some no big deal.

I often wonder if it will be nothing special as we all get used to it .

Like back up alarms, on a big site there maybe so many, they lose there effect as we tune out the noise.

I did notice they are acceptable for hunting season wear!!

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

It would be nice to wear the hi vis on the pants. The hi vis vests always seem to be really uncomfortable.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.386 seconds